It's certainly not fancy, but my father and I just finished building our garage which I think is fairly unique in layout at least (and I mean building in the most literal of senses, we did everything but pour the floor).
- 7 bays, L-shaped, storage for eight cars unstacked
- The inside of the L is the courtyard, if you will, and is a huge asphalt apron faced by:
- The long inside of the L has four bays (two 8x8, two 9x9)
- The short inside of the L is the lift bay with 12' ceilings and a 10x10 door ( the lift went live this Sunday in fact)
- You can drive through the garage as bay #2 has a door on the back wall as well
- If you drive into the long side of the L from the end (as the letter is oriented that's down from the top) there is the sixth door, which allows storage of up to three vehicles in a line behind and perpendicular to the main four. The first vehicle pulled in that way will then be located within the:
- 32' x 20' shop, which has 200A service, amongst other amenities.
The inside has not even been started, it is just a shell with only the roof insulated. Inside work will commence in the Spring, to fully insulate the building and sheetrock the shop at least. What we do with the rest remains to be seen. Never really
had a garage before. It's pretty cool to blast out of. ~ H