or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What have so far been the worst fashion crimes you and/or others have committed ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What have so far been the worst fashion crimes you and/or others have committed ? - Page 4

post #46 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero84 View Post
I mean, what else are you supposed to wear as office casual?

That's what I'm saying. Or with a casual sportcoat, or under a sweater (so the collar doesn't flop out). There are a lot of uses for a button down.
post #47 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
They must be forced to take them off in public and apologized in public for crime against sartorial humanity.

Yes I couldnt' agree more. The only time they don't wear socks in sandals is when they are at the beach and insist on being completely naked. This is not against the law in Denmark...but just because it isn't illegal, doesn't make it a good idea
post #48 of 85
That one time Andrew Cunanan killed Gianni Versace.
post #49 of 85
I really gotta bury that stripper's body. Oh wait "fashion crimes"!!!
post #50 of 85
post #51 of 85
Wore a knit tie once and then only briefly. I did not want to further the crime by wearing very long.
post #52 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedcboy View Post
Wore a knit tie once and then only briefly. I did not want to further the crime by wearing very long.

Whoa , watch yourself there, you felon, you.
post #53 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Button down collars a crime? Say it ain't so! I love my OCBDs! They're not for all occasions, but they definitely have their place.

On the button down collars, for clarity, I meant all occasions, all the time. Thought they looked better. I still have them and wear them. Did not mean that I tossed them all out.
post #54 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin' it View Post
On the button down collars, for clarity, I meant all occasions, all the time. Thought they looked better. I still have them and wear them. Did not mean that I tossed them all out.

Ah, yes. I can see where this could be problematic. As much as I love them for casual wear, it's remarkable how cringe-worthy they become when I see people wear them in the wrong context.
post #55 of 85
Uh oh...according to you guys, I've already committed a crime.
My crime is that I LIKE wearing my cole haan shoes. I know that they are ugly but they're super comfortable!!!
post #56 of 85
Worst crimes in mens fashion I have seen, are t-shirts under sport jackets (collar grime guaranteed)
and those hideous platform shoes of the late 1970's. 1970's polyester & nylon-anything, and giant lapels a la Austin Powers.
post #57 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post
Worst crimes in mens fashion I have seen, are t-shirts under sport jackets (collar grime guaranteed)
and those hideous platform shoes of the late 1970's. 1970's polyester & nylon-anything, and giant lapels a la Austin Powers.

The seventies were shocking...Brown suits and trousers with flares...
post #58 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
The seventies were shocking...Brown suits and trousers with flares...

I believe there is a book entitled "The 1970s - the decade that taste forgot" How right!
post #59 of 85
I try to be law abiding at all times. White sox with jacket and tie is high treason - no sox with the same outfit should carry the death penalty.
post #60 of 85
Death penalty Californian version , 25 years of appeals forced to wear the same orange jumpsuit with CDC on the back, or Chinese version ,a state lawyer and a bullet in the head the following day?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What have so far been the worst fashion crimes you and/or others have committed ?