or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Authenticity check for 501xx?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Authenticity check for 501xx?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Came across these for sale on another forum. Can anybody tell me whether or not these are legit? It's just that the coin pocket doesn't look quite right to me, what with what appears to be selvage on the outside.





post #2 of 13
those are thai fakes. you should buy them if you like them, as long as the price isnt very high.
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
those are thai fakes. you should buy them if you like them, as long as the price isnt very high.

I'd thought so, but I just wanted some confirmation. He was selling them for $120 Singapore dollars, which according to XE.com comes out to about $76 USD.
post #4 of 13
for 99.99 you can get a pair of distressed lvc 47s from the levis store online. i think the extra 25$ would be worth it.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
for 99.99 you can get a pair of distressed lvc 47s from the levis store online. i think the extra 25$ would be worth it.

I'd rather get Thai fakes, I think they look much better...they usually do...if only they weren't fake.
post #6 of 13
Levi's have never, ever had a coin pocket that showed the selvage on the outside. The Thai fakes are pretty well done - they pay people to wear in the jeans.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
for 99.99 you can get a pair of distressed lvc 47s from the levis store online. i think the extra 25$ would be worth it.
Where? I just went and looked around the Levis store and I couldn't find anything like that...
post #8 of 13
I wish I could find these jeans raw. I think I would pay about 50 for them.
post #9 of 13
Actually, those washed 1947s on the levis store webpage have gone down to like 76 dollars, BUT...I ordered the charlie washed 47's in a size 31, thinking the actual waist measured 31 inches. That was the size BEFORE they washed it and distressed it. They actually were like a fricken 29 or 28 waist!!! I mean, I am a size 30 on the tight side, 31 fits/is comfortable, and these jeans gave me a fucken headache from cutting off my circulation! So, they are sized real small, you should only buy them if you are a true size 29 or 28 waist.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Levi's have never, ever had a coin pocket that showed the selvage on the outside.

The Thai fakes are pretty well done - they pay people to wear in the jeans.
That's sad and gross.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPunch
Actually, those washed 1947s on the levis store webpage have gone down to like 76 dollars, BUT...I ordered the charlie washed 47's in a size 31, thinking the actual waist measured 31 inches. That was the size BEFORE they washed it and distressed it. They actually were like a fricken 29 or 28 waist!!! I mean, I am a size 30 on the tight side, 31 fits/is comfortable, and these jeans gave me a fucken headache from cutting off my circulation! So, they are sized real small, you should only buy them if you are a true size 29 or 28 waist.
yes. Welcome to the world of shrink to fit. A 501 is already a pretty tight fit at the waist (I wear 31 in 501 and 30 in other jeans/dress pants)
My 1947 waist was 79cm (31''), and it went down to 74cm after the first wash (roughly 2 inches drop), have I let it dry like that, I wouldn't have been able to fit in. While damp, I stretched it back to 31'' with a manly grunt and I used clippers to keep it strecthed while hang drying.
It's still 31'' now and the overall fit is closer to my body everywhere else.

!luc
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
That's sad and gross.

Its kinda sad, but its not like it's really hard labor or something. You pay like $5 for the jeans, wear them in and then sell them back for like $25.

With the "Levis" they use over there, it only takes a month or so to get a good fade. THen you sell them on eBay as vintage jeans.
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the advice everybody, don't think I'll be getting them after all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Authenticity check for 501xx?