or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › so i'm gonna try lucid dreaming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

so i'm gonna try lucid dreaming - Page 2

post #16 of 46
I've been dreaming before and known I was in a dream, but then I realized that I was actually living in the future, past the time of my own death, wait...no, that was the movie "˜The Jacket'. Never mind.

Jon.
post #17 of 46
Just be careful; otherwise you'll end up having dream conversations with dream figures about being dream figures in your dreams--quite confusing for everyone involved.

koji
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Just be careful; otherwise you'll end up having dream conversations with dream figures about being dream figures in your dreams--quite confusing for everyone involved.

koji

All the while you are posting on Internet forums in your dreams based on real life Internet forums, of which you dream about!

Jon.

God my head hurts...is this what The Ginza feels like?
post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
God my head hurts...is this what The Ginza feels like?
Not yet... empty your cash into the toilet and flush, give your credit cards to homeless people, pay $10,000 for something you KNOW you can get for $100, and then walk up and down an escalator for four hours. Then you will be close.
post #20 of 46
Do it! It's cool. I've developed the capability over the years. I'd rather go to sleep than go to a movie. But what's amazing is that to the extent you can learn to steer and control your dreams, you sort of learn how to steer and control real situations.
post #21 of 46
This is where all those drug threads come in handy.
post #22 of 46
Curiousity akin to this is why a couple of my friends and I have been trying to experiment with Salvia divinorum. Our first attempt failed because of equipment difficulties (lack of fuel forced us to switch from a jet-butane to a regular Bic, which failed to provide the concentrated heat needed, among other issues), but hopefully after AP examinations we'll have a more successful run.

Not to hijack the thread, but has anybody had any luck with Salvia? I know that the liquid extract is supposed to be the more efficacious, but our local shop doesn't carry it, and we've already sunk a fair chunk of change into the extract-impregnated leaf shreddings.

What brings it to mind are the time dilation issues akin to dreaming; aparently, it's common to experience hours and even years in the span of ~20 minutes on Salvia.
post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Curiousity akin to this is why a couple of my friends and I have been trying to experiment with Salvia divinorum. Our first attempt failed because of equipment difficulties (lack of fuel forced us to switch from a jet-butane to a regular Bic, which failed to provide the concentrated heat needed, among other issues), but hopefully after AP examinations we'll have a more successful run. Not to hijack the thread, but has anybody had any luck with Salvia? I know that the liquid extract is supposed to be the more efficacious, but our local shop doesn't carry it, and we've already sunk a fair chunk of change into the extract-impregnated leaf shreddings. What brings it to mind are the time dilation issues akin to dreaming; aparently, it's common to experience hours and even years in the span of ~20 minutes on Salvia.
Yes, I have. Its nice. Get the highest extract you can afford. Also, since it's a short lived drug (2-10 minutes) you need that in your system as fast as possible. Use a bong or waterpipe so you can take massive tokes w/o hurting your lungs as much, and make sure the slide has a pretty big bowl on it. If necessary, you can make an improvised bong out of a water bottle or similar, I'm sure there's thousands of sites that will show you how. Take three to four big bong rips as quick as you can, using a jet butane lighter, and make sure you are somewhere comfortable - a big soft chair in a darkened room. For me it def. helps if the room is a bit dark, so turn off the main light and get some ambiant lamps going. Also, put on some good music. If you have a computer in the room, put on the iTunes or Windows Media Player's visualizer along with some good music, and prepare to have fun. Enjoy it while it's legal, it wont be in a few years.
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
This is where all those drug threads come in handy.

Indeed.



Jon.
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan

Enjoy it while it's legal, it wont be in a few years.
Bullshit, isn't it? My favorite is the tubby Senator describing it as an alternative form of marijuana. God forbid anyone consult a botanist or a pharmacologist or anything besides some neurotic suicide's note in Delaware.
post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Bullshit, isn't it? My favorite is the tubby Senator describing it as an alternative form of marijuana. God forbid anyone consult a botanist or a pharmacologist or anything besides some neurotic suicide's note in Delaware.

Jesus, I think reading that just made me stupider. How could he even compare it with marijuana? Totally different chemical structure, totally different effect.

I don't think I could ever consider Salvia as a substitute for pot. One chills you out for a few hours, and the other is a super intense psychedelic trip that lasts for a few minutes, but is as intense as any other hallucinogen.

I am interested to know how it acts on the brain, though. I never looked into it much.

Good luck!
post #27 of 46
Thread Starter 
regarding lucid dreaming: no luck yet, but the overwhelming flood of positive responses amazes me. 48 hours ago, i did not even believe lucid dreaming was possible, and now there's all this anecdotal evidence from you guys

regarding salvia: goddamn, that's all i can say. use it carefully. i was inches away from what insanity would feel like, i am sure.
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Jesus, I think reading that just made me stupider. How could he even compare it with marijuana? Totally different chemical structure, totally different effect.

I don't think I could ever consider Salvia as a substitute for pot. One chills you out for a few hours, and the other is a super intense psychedelic trip that lasts for a few minutes, but is as intense as any other hallucinogen.

I am interested to know how it acts on the brain, though. I never looked into it much.

Good luck!
As far as equating Salvia and pot, the other thing to note is that Salvia's effects are decidedly antisocial and nonconducive to leaving the room, much less driving or operating machinery, not to mention the fact that most of the health risks of marijuana (other than the risks associated with smoking in general) are imaginary.

Not a whole lot is known about the pharmacology of Salvia. Salvinorin A, the primary active ingredient, is a rather strong kappa opiod receptor agonist, but I don't think anybody really knows how this induces a hallucinatory state, nor what roles the other active components that aren't k-opiod agonistic play.

It's less toxic than caffeine, nonaddictive, and impossible to overdose on. The primary risk seems to be that of a psychotic break, as oman alluded to, but as always this is dependent on prexisting psychiatric instability. Hell, the Mazatec have been using it for centuries to no ill effect.
post #29 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Hell, the Mazatec have been using it for centuries to no ill effect.
yes, i remember reading about salvia's prominency in central/south american shamanic culture. however, i would really like to know if they were using extract, or leaf...

leaf, for those who don't know, is the (exponentially) weaker form. i think extract was only recently invented, but that is just a guess
post #30 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman
yes, i remember reading about salvia's prominency in central/south american shamanic culture. however, i would really like to know if they were using extract, or leaf...

leaf, for those who don't know, is the (exponentially) weaker form. i think extract was only recently invented, but that is just a guess
They used leaves, and still do today. As with most etheogens, the plant itself is a part of the ritual/spirituality of the exercise, so even when extracts or other processed forms are available shamans don't use them.

However, the Mazatec did use a rather large amount of the leaf, though often in conjunction with Psilocybe mushrooms.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › so i'm gonna try lucid dreaming