or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thoughts on these boots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thoughts on these boots. - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
I think the toe has that little "hump" I have seen before on sleeker toed shoes - probably necessary to fit the toes
Those do look rather elegant Andrew; is the rear quarter collapsing due to the weight of the leather or do you think that this is just due to these being unworn examples?

I quite like this last. The Drummond and Hallam are also excellent examples of the 348.

I would venture that the rear quarter is collapsing due to these being unworn . I wouldn't worry about the weight of the leather being the cause. Also, the Tetbury in dark brown is stocked by PLAL for about US$350 so it can be had quite easily at a great price. They do also show up on Ebay every now and then.
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I quite like this last. The Drummond and Hallam are also excellent examples of the 348.

I would venture that the rear quarter is collapsing due to these being unworn . I wouldn't worry about the weight of the leather being the cause. Also, the Tetbury in dark brown is stocked by PLAL for about US$350 so it can be had quite easily at a great price. They do also show up on Ebay every now and then.

I think I feel some drool in my mouth
I need to look at Plal again. Well, better not come to think of it...
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
I think I feel some drool in my mouth
I need to look at Plal again. Well, better not come to think of it...

Here's a photo of the Drummond on the same last...droooool.

post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Here's a photo of the Drummond on the same last...droooool.


That is gorgeous! Love the waist on those and the last does not look "over-stretched" like other chisel toed ones I have seen from C&J. Does Plal stock those on the 348?
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
That is gorgeous! Love the waist on those and the last does not look "over-stretched" like other chisel toed ones I have seen from C&J. Does Plal stock those on the 348?

These haven't found their way to Plal yet, but I believe he does stock the Hallam...

post #21 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
These haven't found their way to Plal yet, but I believe he does stock the Hallam...http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/401/hallam1wu.jpg
[Naughty thoughts]Ngrghggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........[/Naughty thoughts] The whole "shoe pr0n" expression is real and having a measurable effect on me That toe is quite something. Noticeable and elegant without being crass.
post #22 of 25
More pics of the C&J Tetbury here (albeit in black).

The dark brown version comes with a dainite sole, and I think the extra thickness balances out the length of the toe a bit better. I'm not sure what "nubuck" is though - it looks a little like corrected grain...?
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDKid
More pics of the C&J Tetbury here (albeit in black). The dark brown version comes with a dainite sole, and I think the extra thickness balances out the length of the toe a bit better. I'm not sure what "nubuck" is though - it looks a little like corrected grain...?
Thanks! nubuck: "This is a grain leather that has been slightly brushed on the surface to create a very fine velvet-like appearance. the texture of nubuck is finer than suede." Edit: Wow, dainite. These seem awfully nice.
post #24 of 25
Due to the incompetence of a certain hotel's staff, I've received my dark brown Tetburys several weeks late recently. I'm not sure why the skin is called "nubuck" - it certainly isn't like any nubuck I've seen, nor does it fit any definition of it I;ve ever heard. It seems like corrected grain of much better quality than the more notorious offenders. Eaerly tests showed it to be fairly resistant to water. Will make a good rain boot.
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopee
Due to the incompetence of a certain hotel's staff, I've received my dark brown Tetburys several weeks late recently. I'm not sure why the skin is called "nubuck" - it certainly isn't like any nubuck I've seen, nor does it fit any definition of it I;ve ever heard. It seems like corrected grain of much better quality than the more notorious offenders. Eaerly tests showed it to be fairly resistant to water. Will make a good rain boot.

Thanks for the update - pics would be greatly appreciated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thoughts on these boots.