I'm hoping to get the Slubby Stanton's for my brother for Xmas. I know he wears a 31 in APC NS and was wondering what ya'll thought about sizing for the Slubby Stantons.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 7/27/15 at 4:14pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 34
Styleforum Top Pickspost #497 of 127111/29/13 at 2:11pmpost #498 of 127111/30/13 at 6:23pmpost #499 of 127112/2/13 at 1:03ampost #500 of 127112/6/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I have a few pairs of Stantons, and I actually recommend sizing down a couple sizes. Depending on the denim, they can stretch anywhere from 1-2", which might become more baggy than you anticipated.
For example, I have a pair of the first run Dark Stantons (sz 33), thinking they fit stretch just right to my (at the time) 35" waist. They actually stretched to a 18.5" waist from the original 17"! But that's probably just unique to that run of denim.
Right now, I'm rocking a pair of 32-size 14.5 Stantons, and they fit very well. I would have been happier to go to a 31, though. I like a pretty snug fit, post-stretch.
One note, however. I find that the real magic of the Stanton cut happens right in the upper-block. They sit really well on the upper-thigh, just below the waistband, so even if you do lose some weight, or the denim really stretches, they still look flattering. I also have large thighs, and the cut really accommodates them without looking like two stuffed sausages.
By contrast, I fool-heartedly thought I could fit into a pair of Left Field Chelseas, and the damn pockets were so tight I couldn't get my hands inside. I also own a pair of LF Greasers, which fit much better. I still prefer my Stantons, though.
Edit: Posted some fit pics of my new 14.5oz Stantons below.
Edited by sincostan - 12/6/13 at 1:55pmpost #501 of 127112/6/13 at 1:26pmpost #502 of 127112/7/13 at 8:14ampost #503 of 127112/7/13 at 9:29ampost #504 of 127112/7/13 at 1:31pmpost #505 of 127112/30/13 at 9:03pmpost #506 of 127112/30/13 at 10:06pmpost #507 of 127112/30/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by timbermade
Why are you worrying about shrinkage? If you are planning on soaking them, do know that they are sanforized. As for the shrinking, when I soaked my dark stantons, they shrank back to the size they were at when I first got them and then slowly stretched back out to what I was used to.
i'll second thatpost #508 of 127112/31/13 at 5:38amShrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.post #509 of 127112/31/13 at 10:55ampost #510 of 12711/1/14 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Shrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.
I've had upwards of half an inch of shrinkage in length in sanforized denim after the first soak (including on my older RTs), which I don't consider negligible. A ten minute gentle soak with barely any Woolite Dark is a great way to treat a new pair of denim, and to get rid of and minimize any shrinkage that might occur before hemming/cuffing.
- Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 25 seconds ago
- › Next jacket? 33 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bow-Tie Shoes, sold at Carson Street 9 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...