I'm hoping to get the Slubby Stanton's for my brother for Xmas. I know he wears a 31 in APC NS and was wondering what ya'll thought about sizing for the Slubby Stantons.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 34post #497 of 148411/29/13 at 2:11pmpost #498 of 148411/30/13 at 6:23pmpost #499 of 148412/2/13 at 1:03ampost #500 of 148412/6/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I have a few pairs of Stantons, and I actually recommend sizing down a couple sizes. Depending on the denim, they can stretch anywhere from 1-2", which might become more baggy than you anticipated.
For example, I have a pair of the first run Dark Stantons (sz 33), thinking they fit stretch just right to my (at the time) 35" waist. They actually stretched to a 18.5" waist from the original 17"! But that's probably just unique to that run of denim.
Right now, I'm rocking a pair of 32-size 14.5 Stantons, and they fit very well. I would have been happier to go to a 31, though. I like a pretty snug fit, post-stretch.
One note, however. I find that the real magic of the Stanton cut happens right in the upper-block. They sit really well on the upper-thigh, just below the waistband, so even if you do lose some weight, or the denim really stretches, they still look flattering. I also have large thighs, and the cut really accommodates them without looking like two stuffed sausages.
By contrast, I fool-heartedly thought I could fit into a pair of Left Field Chelseas, and the damn pockets were so tight I couldn't get my hands inside. I also own a pair of LF Greasers, which fit much better. I still prefer my Stantons, though.
Edit: Posted some fit pics of my new 14.5oz Stantons below.
Edited by sincostan - 12/6/13 at 1:55pmpost #501 of 148412/6/13 at 1:26pmpost #502 of 148412/7/13 at 8:14ampost #503 of 148412/7/13 at 9:29ampost #504 of 148412/7/13 at 1:31pmpost #505 of 148412/30/13 at 9:03pmpost #506 of 148412/30/13 at 10:06pmpost #507 of 148412/30/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by timbermade
Why are you worrying about shrinkage? If you are planning on soaking them, do know that they are sanforized. As for the shrinking, when I soaked my dark stantons, they shrank back to the size they were at when I first got them and then slowly stretched back out to what I was used to.
i'll second thatpost #508 of 148412/31/13 at 5:38amShrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.post #509 of 148412/31/13 at 10:55ampost #510 of 14841/1/14 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Shrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.
I've had upwards of half an inch of shrinkage in length in sanforized denim after the first soak (including on my older RTs), which I don't consider negligible. A ten minute gentle soak with barely any Woolite Dark is a great way to treat a new pair of denim, and to get rid of and minimize any shrinkage that might occur before hemming/cuffing.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 1 minute ago
- › German watches-- still around, any good? 17 minutes ago
- › RLPL Westley Blue Basket Weave Linen Sport Coat 20 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 24 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 31 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 46 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 57 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 57 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding