I'm hoping to get the Slubby Stanton's for my brother for Xmas. I know he wears a 31 in APC NS and was wondering what ya'll thought about sizing for the Slubby Stantons.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 3:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Heavyweight Denim and Fall Weather Last post on 10/11/14 at 5:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 34
Styleforum Top Picks
I have a few pairs of Stantons, and I actually recommend sizing down a couple sizes. Depending on the denim, they can stretch anywhere from 1-2", which might become more baggy than you anticipated.
For example, I have a pair of the first run Dark Stantons (sz 33), thinking they fit stretch just right to my (at the time) 35" waist. They actually stretched to a 18.5" waist from the original 17"! But that's probably just unique to that run of denim.
Right now, I'm rocking a pair of 32-size 14.5 Stantons, and they fit very well. I would have been happier to go to a 31, though. I like a pretty snug fit, post-stretch.
One note, however. I find that the real magic of the Stanton cut happens right in the upper-block. They sit really well on the upper-thigh, just below the waistband, so even if you do lose some weight, or the denim really stretches, they still look flattering. I also have large thighs, and the cut really accommodates them without looking like two stuffed sausages.
By contrast, I fool-heartedly thought I could fit into a pair of Left Field Chelseas, and the damn pockets were so tight I couldn't get my hands inside. I also own a pair of LF Greasers, which fit much better. I still prefer my Stantons, though.
Edit: Posted some fit pics of my new 14.5oz Stantons below.
Edited by sincostan - 12/6/13 at 1:55pm
Why are you worrying about shrinkage? If you are planning on soaking them, do know that they are sanforized. As for the shrinking, when I soaked my dark stantons, they shrank back to the size they were at when I first got them and then slowly stretched back out to what I was used to.
i'll second that
Shrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.
I've had upwards of half an inch of shrinkage in length in sanforized denim after the first soak (including on my older RTs), which I don't consider negligible. A ten minute gentle soak with barely any Woolite Dark is a great way to treat a new pair of denim, and to get rid of and minimize any shrinkage that might occur before hemming/cuffing.
- Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 32 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 37 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 42 seconds ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 46 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...