I'm hoping to get the Slubby Stanton's for my brother for Xmas. I know he wears a 31 in APC NS and was wondering what ya'll thought about sizing for the Slubby Stantons.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 34
Styleforum Top Pickspost #497 of 137911/29/13 at 2:11pmpost #498 of 137911/30/13 at 6:23pmpost #499 of 137912/2/13 at 1:03ampost #500 of 137912/6/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
I have a few pairs of Stantons, and I actually recommend sizing down a couple sizes. Depending on the denim, they can stretch anywhere from 1-2", which might become more baggy than you anticipated.
For example, I have a pair of the first run Dark Stantons (sz 33), thinking they fit stretch just right to my (at the time) 35" waist. They actually stretched to a 18.5" waist from the original 17"! But that's probably just unique to that run of denim.
Right now, I'm rocking a pair of 32-size 14.5 Stantons, and they fit very well. I would have been happier to go to a 31, though. I like a pretty snug fit, post-stretch.
One note, however. I find that the real magic of the Stanton cut happens right in the upper-block. They sit really well on the upper-thigh, just below the waistband, so even if you do lose some weight, or the denim really stretches, they still look flattering. I also have large thighs, and the cut really accommodates them without looking like two stuffed sausages.
By contrast, I fool-heartedly thought I could fit into a pair of Left Field Chelseas, and the damn pockets were so tight I couldn't get my hands inside. I also own a pair of LF Greasers, which fit much better. I still prefer my Stantons, though.
Edit: Posted some fit pics of my new 14.5oz Stantons below.
Edited by sincostan - 12/6/13 at 1:55pmpost #501 of 137912/6/13 at 1:26pmpost #502 of 137912/7/13 at 8:14ampost #503 of 137912/7/13 at 9:29ampost #504 of 137912/7/13 at 1:31pmpost #505 of 137912/30/13 at 9:03pmpost #506 of 137912/30/13 at 10:06pmpost #507 of 137912/30/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by timbermade
Why are you worrying about shrinkage? If you are planning on soaking them, do know that they are sanforized. As for the shrinking, when I soaked my dark stantons, they shrank back to the size they were at when I first got them and then slowly stretched back out to what I was used to.
i'll second thatpost #508 of 137912/31/13 at 5:38amShrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.post #509 of 137912/31/13 at 10:55ampost #510 of 13791/1/14 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Shrinking on sanforized denim (like the stealth Stanton's) is going to be very minimal, like unnoticeable. If you're going to soak to get any shrinkage out of the way then don't even worry, if you just want to try and soften them a bit then go for it, but there will be negligible shrinking.
I've had upwards of half an inch of shrinkage in length in sanforized denim after the first soak (including on my older RTs), which I don't consider negligible. A ten minute gentle soak with barely any Woolite Dark is a great way to treat a new pair of denim, and to get rid of and minimize any shrinkage that might occur before hemming/cuffing.
- Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › The Official Beer Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Carpe Diem side-zips, reverse grey leather, size 43 (fits US 9) 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong tailor Edward Tam "E.Italian" 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Tan Belt - 34 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories