I love the new fabrics,but I feel uneasy about the split selvage. I'm confused on the usage of the split selvage. Is it just because of the different size of the fabric?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross, 32x32, BNWT Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 25post #362 of 14844/28/12 at 5:11pmWhat's to be uneasy over? Other brands have done half selvage hems for ages (see: Lee.) Doesn't change the quality, it's merely an aesthetic choice. As in this case, the fabric roll had an additional 17" of width meaning that if he just cut off the edges to make a standard selvage hem, he'd have a lot more "wasted" fabric from the middle section.
Basically, he'd either have to buy more yards to make the same jeans with a standard hem or he could buy less yards, make the same jeans, and not have a bunch of cut up fabric left over.post #363 of 14844/28/12 at 6:08pmpost #364 of 14844/28/12 at 6:43pmpost #365 of 14844/29/12 at 11:32ampost #366 of 14845/29/12 at 7:12pm
Does anyone have the RK natural selvedge canvas? Looking for a pant to wear in the summer heat. How do these look after some wear? Look a little too white brand new for my taste...
Also, wondering how accurate the measurements are on the site. I've checked a few different sites that carry these and they have different measurements. I understand there will be variations from one pair to another, but I'm hoping these come with more room in the upper leg than some sites indicate. I'm 31" waist and need 12" thigh. On this note, how does duck canvas stretch relative to denim? If the thighs are 11.75" brand new as their site indicates will they stretch to over 12" without much effort?
Thankspost #367 of 14845/31/12 at 10:30amThere may be some variance in measurements but I'm guessing you won't find the upper thigh to be as roomy as you like. Cotton duck does not stretch much, less then most denim IME. Also, getting the thighs to stretch much is challenging. Maybe a .25" is possible, but certainly not more. I think the RT site has the most accurate measurements.
Like you, the sweet spot on thigh measurement is ~12" for me. 11.75 works too, but anything closer to 11.5 is pretty snug. I just picked up the Stantons in a 31, and the thigh feels good (I could size down to a 30 for waist and top block, but then the thighs would for sure bee too tight). With wear, I'm guessing it will settle nicely and be a good slim fit w/out being uncomfortably tight.
You might just email Karl. He's very responsive.post #368 of 14845/31/12 at 1:30pmpost #369 of 14846/16/12 at 10:36pmpost #370 of 14846/23/12 at 11:42pmpost #371 of 14846/29/12 at 9:02pmpost #372 of 14846/29/12 at 9:08pmpost #373 of 14846/29/12 at 9:12pmpost #374 of 14846/29/12 at 9:21pmpost #375 of 14847/7/12 at 3:54pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 20 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 22 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 27 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 37 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 38 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...