I love the new fabrics,but I feel uneasy about the split selvage. I'm confused on the usage of the split selvage. Is it just because of the different size of the fabric?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- John Richmond 100% cotton waxed baggy, loose jeans with cross BNWT, 32x32 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:47am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Richmond 100% cotton stretch slim fit distressed, 34x33 Last post on 2/6/15 at 7:45am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 4:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 25
Styleforum Top Pickspost #362 of 12714/28/12 at 5:11pmWhat's to be uneasy over? Other brands have done half selvage hems for ages (see: Lee.) Doesn't change the quality, it's merely an aesthetic choice. As in this case, the fabric roll had an additional 17" of width meaning that if he just cut off the edges to make a standard selvage hem, he'd have a lot more "wasted" fabric from the middle section.
Basically, he'd either have to buy more yards to make the same jeans with a standard hem or he could buy less yards, make the same jeans, and not have a bunch of cut up fabric left over.post #363 of 12714/28/12 at 6:08pmpost #364 of 12714/28/12 at 6:43pmpost #365 of 12714/29/12 at 11:32ampost #366 of 12715/29/12 at 7:12pm
Does anyone have the RK natural selvedge canvas? Looking for a pant to wear in the summer heat. How do these look after some wear? Look a little too white brand new for my taste...
Also, wondering how accurate the measurements are on the site. I've checked a few different sites that carry these and they have different measurements. I understand there will be variations from one pair to another, but I'm hoping these come with more room in the upper leg than some sites indicate. I'm 31" waist and need 12" thigh. On this note, how does duck canvas stretch relative to denim? If the thighs are 11.75" brand new as their site indicates will they stretch to over 12" without much effort?
Thankspost #367 of 12715/31/12 at 10:30amThere may be some variance in measurements but I'm guessing you won't find the upper thigh to be as roomy as you like. Cotton duck does not stretch much, less then most denim IME. Also, getting the thighs to stretch much is challenging. Maybe a .25" is possible, but certainly not more. I think the RT site has the most accurate measurements.
Like you, the sweet spot on thigh measurement is ~12" for me. 11.75 works too, but anything closer to 11.5 is pretty snug. I just picked up the Stantons in a 31, and the thigh feels good (I could size down to a 30 for waist and top block, but then the thighs would for sure bee too tight). With wear, I'm guessing it will settle nicely and be a good slim fit w/out being uncomfortably tight.
You might just email Karl. He's very responsive.post #368 of 12715/31/12 at 1:30pmpost #369 of 12716/16/12 at 10:36pmpost #370 of 12716/23/12 at 11:42pmpost #371 of 12716/29/12 at 9:02pmpost #372 of 12716/29/12 at 9:08pmpost #373 of 12716/29/12 at 9:12pmpost #374 of 12716/29/12 at 9:21pmpost #375 of 12717/7/12 at 3:54pm
- Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 25 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...