I love the new fabrics,but I feel uneasy about the split selvage. I'm confused on the usage of the split selvage. Is it just because of the different size of the fabric?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- [Jeans-5 Pairs] D&G, Dsquared2, JBrand, Richmond, Seven For All Mankind 32, 34 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:00am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 4:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods - Page 25post #362 of 14884/28/12 at 5:11pmWhat's to be uneasy over? Other brands have done half selvage hems for ages (see: Lee.) Doesn't change the quality, it's merely an aesthetic choice. As in this case, the fabric roll had an additional 17" of width meaning that if he just cut off the edges to make a standard selvage hem, he'd have a lot more "wasted" fabric from the middle section.
Basically, he'd either have to buy more yards to make the same jeans with a standard hem or he could buy less yards, make the same jeans, and not have a bunch of cut up fabric left over.post #363 of 14884/28/12 at 6:08pmpost #364 of 14884/28/12 at 6:43pmpost #365 of 14884/29/12 at 11:32ampost #366 of 14885/29/12 at 7:12pm
Does anyone have the RK natural selvedge canvas? Looking for a pant to wear in the summer heat. How do these look after some wear? Look a little too white brand new for my taste...
Also, wondering how accurate the measurements are on the site. I've checked a few different sites that carry these and they have different measurements. I understand there will be variations from one pair to another, but I'm hoping these come with more room in the upper leg than some sites indicate. I'm 31" waist and need 12" thigh. On this note, how does duck canvas stretch relative to denim? If the thighs are 11.75" brand new as their site indicates will they stretch to over 12" without much effort?
Thankspost #367 of 14885/31/12 at 10:30amThere may be some variance in measurements but I'm guessing you won't find the upper thigh to be as roomy as you like. Cotton duck does not stretch much, less then most denim IME. Also, getting the thighs to stretch much is challenging. Maybe a .25" is possible, but certainly not more. I think the RT site has the most accurate measurements.
Like you, the sweet spot on thigh measurement is ~12" for me. 11.75 works too, but anything closer to 11.5 is pretty snug. I just picked up the Stantons in a 31, and the thigh feels good (I could size down to a 30 for waist and top block, but then the thighs would for sure bee too tight). With wear, I'm guessing it will settle nicely and be a good slim fit w/out being uncomfortably tight.
You might just email Karl. He's very responsive.post #368 of 14885/31/12 at 1:30pmpost #369 of 14886/16/12 at 10:36pmpost #370 of 14886/23/12 at 11:42pmpost #371 of 14886/29/12 at 9:02pmpost #372 of 14886/29/12 at 9:08pmpost #373 of 14886/29/12 at 9:12pmpost #374 of 14886/29/12 at 9:21pmpost #375 of 14887/7/12 at 3:54pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Truman Boots 22 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 7 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 10 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Brogue Captoes in Brown (worn once) UK7.5 13 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...