or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What's your Myers-Briggs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's your Myers-Briggs? - Page 4

post #46 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Bite your tongue. INTJ chicks rock.

As far as the NF girls, has no one explained the Death Spiral to you?

The NT/NF Death Spiral

The general sequence of events is this:

Stage 1: NT meets NF. NF is enamoured of NT, falls head over heels. NT is characteristically cautious, but interested. NFs are fun, after all.

Stage 2: NF appreciates and admires many characteristics of the NT and thus begins to behave more like an NT, perhaps even fooling the NT into thinking s/he is an NT. NT then relaxes, figuring s/he's with a kindred spirit, gets more comfortable with the relationship, starts acting like normal NT self, expecting to be understood.

Stage 3: NF feels NT cooling off and wonders what s/he is doing wrong. Tries to be more like NT to compensate. This doesn't feel right. NF gets needy and/or begins to consider is her/his duty to draw the NT out of her/his shell, encouraging the NT to express all those feelings buried deep inside. NT doesn't get it.

Stage 4: NT feels pressure from NFs emotional demands, needs distance to figure things out. (This might be only INTs. I'm not sure.) NF panics, becomes more needy. NT withdraws more...NF needs more...and so on and so on.

Stage 5: NF suddenly realizes that the reason things aren't working is that the NT is cold and unfeeling or not nurturing or some other horrible thing. Abandons NT without looking back. (This is especially likely with the NFPs.) NT is confused and (sometimes) relieved.
HOLY SHIT THIS HAPPENED TO ME

i was the nf
post #47 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Bite your tongue. INTJ chicks rock.

As far as the NF girls, has no one explained the Death Spiral to you?

The NT/NF Death Spiral

The general sequence of events is this:

Stage 1: NT meets NF. NF is enamoured of NT, falls head over heels. NT is characteristically cautious, but interested. NFs are fun, after all.

Stage 2: NF appreciates and admires many characteristics of the NT and thus begins to behave more like an NT, perhaps even fooling the NT into thinking s/he is an NT. NT then relaxes, figuring s/he's with a kindred spirit, gets more comfortable with the relationship, starts acting like normal NT self, expecting to be understood.

Stage 3: NF feels NT cooling off and wonders what s/he is doing wrong. Tries to be more like NT to compensate. This doesn't feel right. NF gets needy and/or begins to consider is her/his duty to draw the NT out of her/his shell, encouraging the NT to express all those feelings buried deep inside. NT doesn't get it.

Stage 4: NT feels pressure from NFs emotional demands, needs distance to figure things out. (This might be only INTs. I'm not sure.) NF panics, becomes more needy. NT withdraws more...NF needs more...and so on and so on.

Stage 5: NF suddenly realizes that the reason things aren't working is that the NT is cold and unfeeling or not nurturing or some other horrible thing. Abandons NT without looking back. (This is especially likely with the NFPs.) NT is confused and (sometimes) relieved.

I haven't heard of this as a phenomenon, but I can see it occurring very easily!

Are you an INTJ, then, count? And I'm not dissing the female INTJs, it's just that....

If I'm close to borderline on anything, it's the T/F switch, so I have a strong emotive component, and there is a massively high ratio of NFs amongst my female friends. They always stimulate the kernel of spontaneity and, dare I say, waywardness that I posess but shelter. That is where many of my favorite qualities are, that I want to indulge more than I do now, and to have that indulgence enjoyed by another.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy working and fraternizing with female INTJs; the conversation is always enlightening, and interaction has this glorious sense of...precision in all things. But I'm afraid that in a mate I'd be leaving a side of me somewhat dormant. Well, it's on a spectrum, much like most things, and I'm not going to rule out anyoine based on four letters, but I've never had a romantic relationship with an NF, and I think I'll always wonder if I don't.

Regards,
Huntsman
post #48 of 84
ENFP.....Must be a t-shirt design in here somewhere......
post #49 of 84
Intj
post #50 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I haven't heard of this as a phenomenon, but I can see it occurring very easily!

Are you an INTJ, then, count? And I'm not dissing the female INTJs, it's just that....

If I'm close to borderline on anything, it's the T/F switch, so I have a strong emotive component, and there is a massively high ratio of NFs amongst my female friends. They always stimulate the kernel of spontaneity and, dare I say, waywardness that I posess but shelter.

Yes, I'm an INTJ. And yes, NF girls are fun. There are several that I like a lot. I have found that NTP and NTJ girls comprise most of my longer relationships (friendship or otherwise).

I agree on not ruling out people based on letters, and the Death Spiral is something of a truthful joke and self-help guide. When you realize that she wants more emotion from you, it's easier to share, instead of becoming upset when you are constantly bothered about not sharing/caring/etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman
That is where many of my favorite qualities are, that I want to indulge more than I do now, and to have that indulgence enjoyed by another.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy working and fraternizing with female INTJs; the conversation is always enlightening, and interaction has this glorious sense of...precision in all things. But I'm afraid that in a mate I'd be leaving a side of me somewhat dormant. Well, it's on a spectrum, much like most things, and I'm not going to rule out anyoine based on four letters, but I've never had a romantic relationship with an NF, and I think I'll always wonder if I don't.

Regards,
Huntsman

You should have few problems meeting NF girls, it's one of the more common types (about 20% of the female population) - NF girls that you like . . . well that will come down to your tastes.

I think you're on the right track, some people don't even seem to look at the individual anymore and almost go mate shopping by demographic. It really is all about individuals. I feel a certain freedom around some people that I don't around others.

The high number of N's is probably why I feel more comfortable here than on AAAC. I'd be willing to wager that trads have a high number of S-types.
post #51 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328
I don't think the I/E difference has anything to do with aggressiveness. If anything, I find more agressive people among the I's that I know than the E's. dan
Neighbors of the serial murderer: "He always seemed like such a quiet, gentle man..."
post #52 of 84
INTJ Introverted 22 Intuitive 62Thinking 50Judging 22
  • slightly expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality
post #53 of 84
Anyone have a good link on what all this stuff actually means. A good link. There seem to be plenty of half-assed ones
post #54 of 84
Thread Starter 
There's always Wikipedia.
post #55 of 84
For what it's worth, I tend to test split between INTP and INFP. And, yeah, the wiki page is probably one of the better ones you'll find out there.
post #56 of 84
Countdemoney and Huntsman: if you were to use a couple of adjectives to describe each an INTJ and an NF, what would they be? Or if that doesn't work, can you give examples of behavior that cause you to use these acronyms for people around you?

The Wikipedia site has a very low percentage for INTJ in the general population, yet so far, there are many on this thread.
post #57 of 84
Intj
post #58 of 84
INTP here too. If you are at all interested in the subject of personality types then I would very highly recommend the book Please Understand Me II by David Keirsy. It is an excellent book on MBTI and can really help you to get an understanding of other types and why people sometimes act the way they do, fascinating stuff IMHO.
post #59 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne
The Wikipedia site has a very low percentage for INTJ in the general population, yet so far, there are many on this thread.

The same thing is evident in the AAAC version of this thread - lots of NTs - where I suggested some possible reasons for it.

The predominance of INTJ, especially on SF, is staggering and very interesting.
post #60 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast
The same thing is evident in the AAAC version of this thread - lots of NTs - where I suggested some possible reasons for it.

The predominance of INTJ, especially on SF, is staggering and very interesting.

What is next for a desolate lone ISTJ like myself? Now that the truth is uncovered, will I be put in a virtual gulag, slowly rebuilding lost threads ASCII character code by ASCII character code until my fingers are exhausted ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What's your Myers-Briggs?