or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
which parameters can you "influence" opposite to a regular RTW stock order? thank you

The 1 MTO is because I wanted a Monk style boot instead of the lace up, so had a Arran modified.

I wanted a slip-on that may pass casual inspection as dress shoes. So had a medallion-less Chester made.

Unfortunately I do not know all the various elements I can change on a MTO, since I went to the process with just those criteria. I am sure Nick will be more than happen to tell you all the things you can change in an MTO though. He is really a pleasure to purchase from.
post #152 of 226
Nick was having some trouble with his spam filter and customer emails were going into junk. I just got an apologetic reply from him about six weeks after my initial email. Overall, Nick has been very helpful.
post #153 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
...

many thanks
post #154 of 226
Shipping is no longer included in the price?
post #155 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxandy View Post

Shipping is no longer included in the price?

Most MTO customer orders have trees to go with their shoes so combined shipping costs £40.00.
Reply
Reply
post #156 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post

Most MTO customer orders have trees to go with their shoes so combined shipping costs £40.00.

What about if someone doesn't opt for the shoe trees?
post #157 of 226
http://madetoorder.bespoke-england.co.uk/360
Edited by Nick A - 6/26/12 at 1:57am
Reply
Reply
post #158 of 226
Hi Nick,

I ordered a pair of shoes and specified that metal flushed toe taps be installed.

Can you confirm that it will be done?
post #159 of 226

Hi Nick,

 

I just read about the spam filter issues.  I wanted to follow up on our email correspondence?  Please PM when you have the time.

 

Thanks.

 

Arthur
 

post #160 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJaw View Post

HAs anyone managed to actually buy anything from Bespoke England? I have been trying to buy a couple of pairs of shoes and boots for about 3 months now. I wonder whether it isn't just easier to deal with a retailer and run the risk of a crappy fit - or just go back to wearing EG and Lobbs

I have bought over a dozen pairs from Nick. Always the best service. Started with some MTO and now I am on my 5th Deco. Much better than EG IMHO.
post #161 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxandy View Post

What about if someone doesn't opt for the shoe trees?

Trees are optional, however, it is foolish to spend the money on a nice pair of MTO shoes and not get the appropriate lasted shoe trees to go with them. They will save the shoes and extend their life by years. after market trees are OK, but they will never keep the original shape of the last.
Edited by Saratorial_Splender - 9/2/12 at 5:23pm
post #162 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post


Trees are optional, however, it is foolish to spend the money on a nice pair of MTO shoes and not get the appropriate lasted shoe trees to go with them. They will save the shoes and extend their life by years. after market trees are OK, but they will never keep the original shape of the last.

I could not agree more, they help maintain the integrity of the shoe and last while mitigating creases. Also necessary for travel.

post #163 of 226
nycxandy, G&G's lasts have such strong curves that no regular shoe trees will do them any good. More likely they will only stretch the sculpted figure to creases. When the pair finally gives up after a decade or two, you will still have the G&G shoe trees which can be spared or sold with a hefty price.
post #164 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

nycxandy, G&G's lasts have such strong curves that no regular shoe trees will do them any good. More likely they will only stretch the sculpted figure to creases. When the pair finally gives up after a decade or two, you will still have the G&G shoe trees which can be spared or sold with a hefty price.

I've actually had quite a good luck pairing my skinny G&G shoes with La Cordonnerie Anglaise's slim profile EM500 shoe trees. Slim and curvy, solid beech construction, it fits quite well (no overstretching). I don't keep shoe trees for more than a few days though...


post #165 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

I've actually had quite a good luck pairing my skinny G&G shoes with La Cordonnerie Anglaise's slim profile EM500 shoe trees. Slim and curvy, solid beech construction, it fits quite well (no overstretching). I don't keep shoe trees for more than a few days though...


Where can you buy these shoe trees?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate Thread