or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sharing umbrella with a stranger?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sharing umbrella with a stranger? - Page 2

post #16 of 46
It's kinda like offering a pocket square to a girl who is crying. It's the gentlemanly thing to do, especially if she is hot.
post #17 of 46
How big were her tits?
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
It's kinda like offering a pocket square to a girl who is crying. It's the gentlemanly thing to do, especially if she is hot.

As long as your pocket square is not filled with cardboard.
post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incman View Post
Hi everyone. This may not be 100% on topic for a clothes forum, but the majority of the people here seem to be quite gentlemanly (not sure if that's a word), and as such I hoped you might have an answer. The other day I was standing at a bus stop waiting for the bus. It was raining and I had my umbrella open to stay dry. A girl came to the bus stop after me, and she didn't have an umbrella and was just waiting in the rain. I instinctively asked her if she wanted to share my umbrella, and she said yea. My question is: Is that seen as a weird/creeper-ish thing to do, or is it pretty common practice? Thanks in advance for the help, and I apologize again if this isn't 100% relevant to the forum.

Very nice to see chivalry isn't dead. Good on you for doing the right thing.
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. View Post
imo, it's only creepy if you're unnattractive.

FTFY
post #21 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
It's kinda like offering a pocket square to a girl who is crying. It's the gentlemanly thing to do, especially if she is hot.

did this last night, and i think ive peaked in life.
post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
As long as your pocket square is not filled with cardboard.

No, no, I will have none of that! All mine are filled with ether (chloroform has become far too plebeian).
post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incman View Post
the majority of the people here seem to be quite gentlemanly

You haven't been here long, have you?
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souper View Post

Lyricsdepot notwithstanding, I always though it was a song by the Hollies.
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis View Post
Very nice to see chivalry isn't dead. Good on you for doing the right thing.
+1
post #26 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydis Greis View Post
Very nice to see chivalry isn't dead. Good on you for doing the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
+1

Thanks guys I always make an effort to be courteous to strangers, and if the person is a she and >7, it's just a bonus haha.
post #27 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incman View Post
Is that seen as a weird/creeper-ish thing to do, or is it pretty common practice? Thanks in advance for the help, and I apologize again if this isn't 100% relevant to the forum.

Only appropriate if your umbrella is a Brigg or maybe James Smith. Otherwise, you are opening yourself up for humiliation.
post #28 of 46
On a somewhat related note, has anyone found a reason to opt for silk over nylon in their canopy?
post #29 of 46
If it was getting really bad, I would probably have pity (not chivalry) and let the person stand under my umbrella, regardless of gender, provided the person was well groomed and presentable. But, of course, I would never find myself caught in the rain in the first place.
post #30 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incman View Post
Thanks guys I always make an effort to be courteous to strangers, and if the person is a she and >7, it's just a bonus haha.

Am I reading this right? if she is >7 (less than 7 years of age?) uh-ohh.
I hope that was some form of typo on your part.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sharing umbrella with a stranger?