• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moderators: please post a brief explanation when a thread move, lock, post deletion or banning is performed. Members may check here to see what happened. Hopefully, this will cut down on the "what happened to x" clutter.

I will start: Steve moved the "Better Days" thread because a troll was invading it and being abusive. I banned the troll and moved it back as soon as I saw it. Downtime was a couple of hours.

Edit:

This is not a thread to call out members, to say "well if he got banned why didn't X,", etc. Concerns about members or threads should be expressed in private message to me or to another appropriate moderator (for the subforum in question).

Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I banned a couple of spammers and hard deleted their threads. I assume that nobody objects
plain.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
We shouldn't have to make a thread to explain moderation decisions. The moderators aren't here to ruin everyone's fun and we have NEVER locked a thread to keep people quiet about something or an arbitrary locking because of disagreement on opinion. I've seen many boards where over half of the posts get locked or trashed because the moderators just decide that they don't feel like having the thread around. And after this, people still ***** and complain when a thread is locked or moved? You are not entitled to an explanation. You're lucky that the mods usually do. We should not have to report this kind of activity. You members are not here to judge whether or not we're making good or bad decisions. If you have a complaint with a moderator choice, do the mature thing and PM one of us and we can talk about it. Chances are we already ARE talking about it. Please, just stop being babies. Not everyone is like this, but I'm sure you all are aware of the problem and who is causing it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I agree that we do not "have to" do this, but I want to do this, to avoid the appearance of impropriety and the way that backchannel gossip undermines the forum community.

PS: I also banned a couple more Russian spammers today and deleted their threads.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
hakashi tie thread has disappeared...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
hakashi tie thread has disappeared...
It will be missed.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
so if someone posts a 'what happened to X' thread anyhow, will you guys just immediately lock it with a link to here?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
so if someone posts a 'what happened to X' thread anyhow, will you guys just immediately lock it with a link to here?
Maybe. At least we will link this thread in any "what happened" threads.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This morning, I had the distinct displeasure of banning the Shooman (i.e. Marc37, again (actually, I think j. did the first burning.) Not only was he trying to get back on the site, but he was digging at some fresh wounds, so I moved his thread to the Secret Squirrel forum.

Marc, please don't come back. Racist comments caused you to be banned in the first place; and you are not welcome here.

Fok.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the **** that was about?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Can someone please tell me what the **** that was about?

Any member wishing to respond to Arethusa's questions, please do it via PM. I don't want a Shooman thread anywhere. Or just do a search for Marc37, and you might get the idea (although the offensive posts might have been lost in the crash.)

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
To describe briefly- vehement, vitriolic anti-Semitism. Expressed more than once.

Does anyone want us to edit the comments in the wheatgrass thread, or shall we leave them up for entertainment value?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Wheatgrass thread has been locked.

Troll suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics