or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 618  

post #9256 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I'm only commenting on DT as whole and over the course of it's existence, not on any one thread, but it is not with any exageration that I say that there have been many worse and despicable posts made in the CEsspool, and not by any of the regular DT denizens. The not so veiled bigotry against blacks and muslims, the constant belittling and ridiculing of those with religious beliefs etc etc. DT is the boys high school locker room. CE is supposed to be the Teacher's Lounge. CE is quite often a more digusting place than DT.
Even if the above is true, it is no argument for keeping DT. The effect of having an entire forum expressly dedicated to the propagation and celebration of dumb is substantially different from having a forum in which there are the occasional forays into dumb, however bad they may be.
post #9257 of 9842
Mods, did you ban the guy who was posting pictures of shit all over SW&D and delete the pics? I'm a little afraid to open random threads now.
post #9258 of 9842
hes gone
post #9259 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I'm only commenting on DT as whole and over the course of it's existence, not on any one thread, but it is not with any exageration that I say that there have been many worse and despicable posts made in the CEsspool, and not by any of the regular DT denizens. The not so veiled bigotry against blacks and muslims, the constant belittling and ridiculing of those with religious beliefs etc etc. DT is the boys high school locker room. CE is supposed to be the Teacher's Lounge. CE is quite often a more digusting place than DT.

Well said. I am somewhat sympathetic to dah's point, but at least DT lacks the self-seriousness of the CEsspool.
post #9260 of 9842
Squirreled Air America thread. I get tired of defending myself for having beliefs.
post #9261 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Squirreled Air America thread. I get tired of defending myself for having beliefs.

I read maybe the first three posts in that thread so I don't know what transpired in there but it seems to me, based on the part I bolded, like you're using your mod powers for your own personal "gain"??
post #9262 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophe View Post
Well said. I am somewhat sympathetic to dah's point, but at least DT lacks the self-seriousness of the CEsspool.

I may be the only one here who finds redeeming qualities in the CEsspool : it allows us to understand a little better who the people behind the screen names are. If I was only reading the MC forum, I wouldn't know much about these posters - but reading what they write in the CEsspool, I can start to understand their personlities a little better. I'm sure this has absolutely no importance for many SFers but I kinda like that.

DT can be funny but very rarely. The majority of OPs there think they're funny but they're just strange. Then comes Thomas or another talented DTer and things get better.
post #9263 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbie View Post
I read maybe the first three posts in that thread so I don't know what transpired in there but it seems to me, based on the part I bolded, like you're using your mod powers for your own personal "gain"??

If I were a mod here I would ban everyone with whom I had disagreement. I don't see why mods should restrain themselves.
post #9264 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I may be the only one here who finds redeeming qualities in the CEsspool : it allows us to understand a little better who the people behind the screen names are. If I was only reading the MC forum, I wouldn't know much about these posters - but reading what they write in the CEsspool, I can start to understand their personlities a little better. I'm sure this has absolutely no importance for many SFers but I kinda like that.

DT can be funny but very rarely. The majority of OPs there think they're funny but they're just strange. Then comes Thomas or another talented DTer and things get better.

DT is what it is, I read something offensive there, I know it's something some keyboard warrior is typing to get a response, get a lulz. I go to CE, see a serious topic, then read how gays are not equal to "regular" human beings, read the regular racism, read the constant "how can anyone with a brain be religious?" and then stuff in DT seems very innocuous.
post #9265 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Squirreled Air America thread. I get tired of defending myself for having beliefs.

No comment.
post #9266 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
DT is what it is, I read something offensive there, I know it's something some keyboard warrior is typing to get a response, get a lulz. I go to CE, see a serious topic, then read how gays are not equal to "regular" human beings, read the regular racism, read the constant "how can anyone with a brain be religious?" and then stuff in DT seems very innocuous.

Yea - but aren't you glad you can read what these people really think? It's eye-opening and quite informative.
post #9267 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I get tired of defending myself for having beliefs.

Lots of people on SF have beliefs, and luckily they don't all have mod powers too. What was that thread about? Wasn't it just a unanimous 'good riddance'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Yea - but aren't you glad you can read what these people really think? It's eye-opening and quite informative.

I'd say it's more mind-numbing, but to each his own.
post #9268 of 9842
If there was no CE, maybe I would still have my e-BFF.
post #9269 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
If there was no CE, maybe I would still have my e-BFF.

We're not e-BFFs?
post #9270 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
If there was no CE, maybe I would still have my e-BFF.

Who was your bff and what happened?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I