or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 61  

post #901 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Eh?

Napoléon Bonaparte said about Talleyrand that he was "de la merde dans un bas de soie" (a piece of shit in a silk stocking)

Here's a link that puts it in context:
http://perso.orange.fr/jean.levant/histo/nap7.htm
post #902 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Napoléon Bonaparte said about Talleyrand that he was "de la merde dans un bas de soie" (a piece of shit in a silk stocking)

Here's a link that puts it in context:
http://perso.orange.fr/jean.levant/histo/nap7.htm

He would, though.

I prefer Marechal Ney, though...
post #903 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post
That's a great one.

Makes me want to have kids just to be able to use it.

I think it would work from about age four onwards...

post #904 of 9842
Please see page 4,5,and 6 of this thread
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=40564&page=4
post #905 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
Please see page 4,5,and 6 of this thread
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=40564&page=4

It has company too.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...889#post607889
post #906 of 9842
How does a certain new poster rack up ~190 posts in less than 12 hours?
post #907 of 9842
keep the politics out of this thread. Several threads in CEMP have been trashed.
post #908 of 9842
A whole rash of new posters need to be shown the door too.
post #909 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red View Post
A whole rash of new posters need to be shown the door too.

+1 Strange things happen when mods go to sleep.
post #910 of 9842
To the spammer: You are doing the British military a disservice by your behavior. I am very tempted to bring back the innane thread that started this. I will probably leave it up and lock it just to piss you off, like you are me.
post #911 of 9842
Maybe you could bring it back without the insulting posts of the troll, so Claire could maybe rethink about what she posted and learn something about it.
post #912 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
To the spammer: You are doing the British military a disservice by your behavior. I am very tempted to bring back the innane thread that started this. I will probably leave it up and lock it just to piss you off, like you are me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewolf View Post
Maybe you could bring it back without the insulting posts of the troll, so Claire could maybe rethink about what she posted and learn something about it.

Done and done.

Claire's comments were a little offensive, imo, but no more so than the comments made by other posters. If you don't like a poster, put them in your ignore list. Spamming the forum is a terrible way of making yourself known. It alienates everyone reading your posts.
post #913 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Spamming the forum is a terrible way of making yourself known. It alienates everyone reading your posts.
And knowing is half the battle. Thanks LA Guy!
post #914 of 9842
What did she say that was so offensive?
post #915 of 9842
what's with the uptic in totally random "free offer" spam (and ehre I dont mean just trolls or chinese companies hawking sneakers)? Have people been clicking their links??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I