Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 561  

post #8401 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest.

Any ideas?

The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.

I do have problems from time to time, site keeps crashing and everything.Had some yesterday....
post #8402 of 9842
hmmm, - Manton - after you try a different browser, also check your internet security, anti-virus and -spyware settings. It's a long shot, but you may be getting blocked by your computer from a false positive.
post #8403 of 9842
It's definitely not the browser; I tried that first. It's something with this computer, though.

I was fiddling with firewall settings, and tried a lot of things. At one point, the browser told me to dedicate a specific port to SF, and I did that, but it didn't work. Now, when it goes down, it no longer says "SF is online but you are being blocked"; instead, it says "Can't connect to SF."
post #8404 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
hey, tried to edit it, but I'm not an SWD mod. PMed it over to Brian and Fok to fix...

Got fixed! Great customer service. Would post again. Thanks m@t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest.

Any ideas?

The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.

It's not just you, I've had some issues myself today.
post #8405 of 9842
I had those issues for just one day, last Thursday or Friday I think. I've never had problems other than that.
post #8406 of 9842
Great, the Manton virus has spread to my comp
post #8407 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
It's definitely not the browser; I tried that first. It's something with this computer, though.

I was fiddling with firewall settings, and tried a lot of things. At one point, the browser told me to dedicate a specific port to SF, and I did that, but it didn't work. Now, when it goes down, it no longer says "SF is online but you are being blocked"; instead, it says "Can't connect to SF."
Weird. It does sound like some of the problems are Manton-specific then. However, the site has been occasionally getting high load and slowing to a crawl. I and the server people are optimizing settings to try to combat this. I just changed something about an hour ago that should help, and Saturday (Friday?) we spent a while doing that as well. Hopefully all will be ironed out soon.
post #8408 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
OK, apparently, it definitely is just me. I can't quite figure out what is wrong, but whenever I make a post (or try), I can't connect to the site (and only this site) for several minutes, up to about 20 minutes at the longest. Any ideas? The good news, for some of you, is that it looks like I won't be posting much until I get this sorted out.
This happened to me a little while ago. I clicked "post" and then the site hanged for a good 2 minutes.
post #8409 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Waaah! the mods are right-wing! Waaah! the mods are left-wing! The other side doesn't get in trouble enough! Grow up, babies. We are anti-whiner-wing.
post #8410 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Waaah! the mods are right-wing! Waaah! the mods are left-wing! The other side doesn't get in trouble enough! Grow up, babies. We are anti-whiner-wing.

can we plz get rid of troll PTWilliams?
post #8411 of 9842
Aspire2Style has been banned permanently. He accused me of having a right wing bias, that he got dinged why rightwingers walked, and I gave him a choice. Either man up, and promise to pay $1K tonight if I showed him an example of when he was wrong, or PM with a profuse apology. He had 10 minutes to reply, but I gave him the better part of an hour (during which time he was logged in and looking at threads.) He took the coward's way out by refusing to either man up to his mistake, or put his money where his big mouth was. I can't respect a man like that. Bye.
post #8412 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
He accused me of having a right wing bias, that he got dinged why rightwingers walked, and I gave him a choice.

He actually forwarded that exchange to me. I told him he would enjoy his stay here more if he didn't accuse the Mods of anything, ever. I guess he didn't listen.
post #8413 of 9842
Little Wing is a great song.
post #8414 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post
He actually forwarded that exchange to me. I told him he would enjoy his stay here more if he didn't accuse the Mods of anything, ever. I guess he didn't listen.
I have no problem being accused of something, as long as it is provably true. When someone pushes a point which is really an opinion based on selective reading of facts/actions, he can expect us not to take it very long before giving up on him. P.s. enforcement of rules here is arbitrary, but is strongly biased toward people who are consistently annoying and away from people who mostly seem good-natured but have a bad day here and there.
post #8415 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
When someone pushes a point which is really an opinion based on selective reading of facts/actions, he can expect us not to take it very long before giving up on him.

This is how I feel about CE.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I