or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 558  

post #8356 of 9842
got it, tks.
post #8357 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I'm going to weigh in on this. First of all, j. moderated the thread, then closed it, so it's done. Second, thread-crapping is against the rules.

However, imo, the OP acted unethically. The difference between this, and someone who buys tons of Incotex at Daffys for resale, is that the second is providing a service, while the first is really a scalper. Most of our readers are not physically able to get to Daffy's, so without the reseller, they would not have had access to those goods. However, pretty much everyone reading this post can purchase directly from Yoox. Yes, the forum has advertising, people make money on the B&S forum, etc... but it's the sense of community that makes Styleforum a place more and more people keep coming back to. Our hope is that people consider themselves part of this community, and act as responsible members.

My faith has been restored. Thank you!
post #8358 of 9842
First the Yoox business, and now this: Is this the place to express my for Fok?

pwnd
post #8359 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
yup, Ive got no problem with the guy (other than flogging the unfunny fanny pac dead horse a little too hard) however he made a remark that one other member thought was a little inappropriate, and I happened to agree, and instructed him to edit it.

We have a zero tolerance policy for certain things, and while I would stop short of saying he contravened that, he was damn sure rimming it.

I gave him plento time for editing, kept an eye on his last login time as well....so it's not like the time differences intervened there...but when he popped up posting later in the same thread without editing his previous post....well...enjoy the week off, kiddo. Get some sun....

appreciate it Matt
post #8360 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
First the Yoox business, and now this: Is this the place to express my for Fok? pwnd
I do it for the kids. You can express your gratitude by donating like a Bigtimer.
post #8361 of 9842
Should I have a CE fundraiser? Say, $5 to start a thread with a link to a non-AP source, and $10 to start a thread on Climate Change? Should this be a poll?
post #8362 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbris1 View Post
My faith has been restored. Thank you!

Wait, wut?


You say your faith has binn,.. restored?







Read this thread, brah!
post #8363 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post
Wait, wut?

You say your faith has binn,.. restored?

Yes. Inasmuch as the moderators agree you are a douchebag.
post #8364 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Should I have a CE fundraiser? Say, $5 to start a thread with a link to a non-AP source, and $10 to start a thread on Climate Change? Should this be a poll?

Last time it was about banning conne or bringing threads back, I know it made me give some donations...
post #8365 of 9842
Member "stringer" is posting nothing but "fuck you" and "stfu" and such. Perhaps a time out is in order?
post #8366 of 9842
The greekgeek/jinda/bris/binge argument has found its way into several subforums now. Any way to kill it? It seems like it is mentioned in every thread I click on.
post #8367 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post
The greekgeek/jinda/bris/binge argument has found its way into several subforums now. Any way to kill it? It seems like it is mentioned in every thread I click on.
If anywhere, it is appropriate to discuss in CE. The topic of limiting the profits of a seller--whether they be a multinational corporation, or an individual--is a common and popular one in CE. That is where it should be discussed. I would hope that the CE regulars would weigh in, especially explaining how their decision to follow suit jibes with their economic views, politics. etc.
post #8368 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
If anywhere, it is appropriate to discuss in CE. The topic of limiting the profits of a seller--whether they be a multinational corporation, or an individual--is a common and popular one in CE. That is where it should be discussed. I would hope that the CE regulars would weigh in, especially explaining how their decision to follow suit jibes with their economic views, politics. etc.
Bullshit, you just want to pile on to this asshole who fucked up. Are you a grown man? Do you consider yourself intellectually mature? The guy made an ass of himself, everyone called him on it. He got what he deserved, I hope he gets stuck with a bunch of shoes that don't fit. Yours is probably the fourth thread I have come across dedicated to it. Don't get me wrong, I am widely considered an asshole and an instigator in CE. For that reason, I think that this criticism, coming from me, would give you pause.
post #8369 of 9842
You should actually read the threads in CE rather than just post in them. The topic of greed is common and vibrant.
post #8370 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
You should actually read the threads in CE rather than just post in them. The topic of greed is common and vibrant.

Ah, I should have specified... I am a liberal asshole not a conservative asshole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I