or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 539  

post #8071 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Stop making excuses for them.
Meh. When debugging, there is a certain critical mass (sorry, couldn't help it) of information required. Have you tried running a pathping when you have lag or access issues? ------- Start | Run Type "cmd" in the box where it says "Open" Then at the DOS prompt type "pathping www.styleforum.net" It does a quick tracert, then tells you how long it is going to hum completing the rest of the sequence. (450 sec for me just now). When it's done, you'll see two columns of percentages amidst a lot of other stuff. The highest percentages are where the packets are having trouble getting through for one reason or another. -------- I would probably have a cmd window open with pathping already entered and waiting on you to hit enter when you experience some lag. Better tech heads than I can chime in more accurately. ~ H
post #8072 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
Better tech heads than I can chime in more accurately.
It could very well be pebkac issue.
post #8073 of 9842
Thread Starter 
I am aware of some of the lag which is definitely caused by a problem on the server end. I am trying to get a chance to take the site down and work on it but obviously I don't want to do it in the middle of the day. Some stuff in the database needs to be optimized and rebuilt and it will take a while. Hopefully I'll get to do this in the middle of the night a night or two this week. There may, of course, be other causes, but I do acknowledge the problem. Sorry if you've felt like I've been trying to ignore it.
post #8074 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
I am aware of some of the lag which is definitely caused by a problem on the server end. I am trying to get a chance to take the site down and work on it but obviously I don't want to do it in the middle of the day. Some stuff in the database needs to be optimized and rebuilt and it will take a while. Hopefully I'll get to do this in the middle of the night a night or two this week.

There may, of course, be other causes, but I do acknowledge the problem. Sorry if you've felt like I've been trying to ignore it.

Thanks J. Your new avatar is awesome.
post #8075 of 9842
Just shut the site down for a day. Withdrawal symptoms wont be to bad even for the most severly addicted. I concur on the awesomeness of your avatar J
post #8076 of 9842
Thanks, j.
post #8077 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro View Post
Just shut the site down for a day. Withdrawal symptoms wont be to bad even for the most severly addicted.

j could declare a "Go Out & Shop Day"
post #8078 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
j could declare a "Go Out & Shop Day"
More like a "Go Out and Get Some Work Done" day.
post #8079 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
...Hopefully I'll get to do this in the middle of the night a night or two this week.

There may, of course, be other causes, but I do acknowledge the problem. Sorry if you've felt like I've been trying to ignore it.

Cheers J, but when you say middle of the night, where are we talking
post #8080 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
More like a "Go Out and Get Some Work Done" day.
Upsetting as the downtime is, there's no call for that sort of language.
post #8081 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
Cheers J, but when you say middle of the night, where are we talking
PST, GMT-8
post #8082 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
More like a "Go Out and Get Some Work Done" day.

what is this you call "work"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Upsetting as the downtime is, there's no call for that sort of language.

+100,000,000 Huntsman deserves a time out for suggesting such vulgarity
post #8083 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Crossing fingers...
post #8084 of 9842
Wooo!
post #8085 of 9842
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I