or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 537  

post #8041 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Uh.....
Did it disappear? Still voting to add that Word image as a smiley.
post #8042 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Yes, it is gone from the database. I assume someone accidentally deleted it. I'm talking to the guys at the server about getting it restored, mostly to see how much trouble that is if it is necessary for an actually important thread sometime.
post #8043 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post

Site will go down for a while (hour or two probably) in a few hours. Needs some Dbase cleanup and optimization, and may need to restore the "introduce yourself" thread from backups (if possible, finding out right now ). Luckily, that thread was relatively content-free.

Ok, it's looking a lot like the power is going to go out here, so this probably won't happen tonight.
post #8044 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Ok, it's looking a lot like the power is going to go out here, so this probably won't happen tonight.

post #8045 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
I don't understand that smilie. Therefore no for now.

It's the thread-crapping smilie

What does the foo smilie mean though?
post #8046 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Yes, it is gone from the database. I assume someone accidentally deleted it. I'm talking to the guys at the server about getting it restored, mostly to see how much trouble that is if it is necessary for an actually important thread sometime.

Bet it was m@t. No-one knows what kind of "different time zone" schenanigans that guy gets into while we are all asleep.

K
post #8047 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKK3450 View Post
Bet it was m@t. No-one knows what kind of "different time zone" schenanigans that guy gets into while we are all asleep. K
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=12189
post #8048 of 9842
I'm off for a couple of days and suddenly there's a foo/fu outbreak on SF.

I feel like a newb. Or more accurately, like the only healthy person in a swine ward.
post #8049 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
More lag, this time the site was down for a good 30 minutes.

I've been on the site off and on throughout the day today, and every time I've checked in it's had some pretty bad lag.
post #8050 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
I'm off for a couple of days and suddenly there's a foo/fu outbreak on SF. I feel like a newb. Or more accurately, like the only healthy person in a swine ward.
I certainly hope you weren't away because you had to attend a neral...
post #8051 of 9842
Can the mods add Etienne to the list of options in this poal? It's really important.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=148670

EDIT: Thank you!!!!!!!
post #8052 of 9842
post #8053 of 9842
Why mention that in this thread? The Mods don't really police B&S unless someone is breaking the rules. Just b/c Ghulkan is a piece of shite and a liar doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to sell his shit to whomever is stupid enough to buy from him.
post #8054 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Why mention that in this thread? The Mods don't really police B&S unless someone is breaking the rules. Just b/c Ghulkan is a piece of shite and a liar doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to sell his shit to whomever is stupid enough to buy from him.
Good question.
post #8055 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Why mention that in this thread? The Mods don't really police B&S unless someone is breaking the rules. Just b/c Ghulkan is a piece of shite and a liar doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to sell his shit to whomever is stupid enough to buy from him.

Kind of think it does. Even though it may be a bit naive of me I would like to think that SF has some standards of decency. I want to be able to trust the people I buy from and known scammers should not be encouraged. Caveat emptor and all but there has to be a line and where ever that line is Ghulkan has crossed it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I