or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 523  

post #7831 of 9842
I never realized people here paid so much attention to sigs.

It's not so much the content that annoys me; it's the tendency of people to have 15 line signatures. There's something wrong when a poster's signature takes up more space than anything they post.
post #7832 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnacious View Post
As robin said, just disable the sigs. I have them disabled because of the abuses mentioned and 99% of the quotes in the sigs are trite if not annoying.

The downside is I cannot see peoples links to external blogs, some of which I liked to frequent, now are mostly forgotten.

Again, why would I disable signatures if 99% of them don't bother me because they are not abusive? You have a different approach because you deem 99% of them annoying. I see value in signature links to B&S posts and sometimes quotes make me smile.

My point was very specific about people who sneak around the rules by using their sigs to post things they are not supposed to post, e.g. political content that is, by rule, meant to be contained to the CE section.
post #7833 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Again, why would I disable signatures if 99% of them don't bother me because they are not abusive?

You're right. I lost sight of your initial issue and was responding to the later complaints. Referencing robins comment made it seem like I was responding to your concern.
post #7834 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnacious View Post
You're right. I lost sight of your initial issue and was responding to the later complaints. Referencing robins comment made it seem like I was responding to your concern.

Gotcha
post #7835 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Proof of your membership into the Inner Circle of BigTimers.

I may have to try this out. I think people just miss me. Post 23x a day, get 5 responses. Post 4x a day, get 5 responses. More juice for the squeeze, nawwwwmean?
post #7836 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Shouldn't political statements and discussions be contained to the CEsspool? It's bothering me (not too much but a little bit) that some SFers use their signature real estate to post political propaganda - effectively in all SF forums, while at the same time they know that these statements cannot be discussed or rebutted.

I am really surprised this bothers you. I assumed the mods want to keep politics in CE and out of the other sub-forums because it derails threads and tends to turn them into mudfests that advertisers and affiliates want no part of. But no one responds to signatures. What is the harm? Does it hurt your eyes to see something you disagree with? None of these sigs seem particularly offensive - just political.
post #7837 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
I am really surprised this bothers you. I assumed the mods want to keep politics in CE and out of the other sub-forums because it derails threads and tends to turn them into mudfests that advertisers and affiliates want no part of. But no one responds to signatures. What is the harm? Does it hurt your eyes to see something you disagree with? None of these sigs seem particularly offensive - just political.

If something is not allowed in the forums other than CE. Isn't using the signature (which is actually part of the post) to post it a sneaky way to try to get around the said rule? This is what annoys me (slightly) - that some people think (and prove) that they don't intend to play by the same rules as all others.
post #7838 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
If something is not allowed in the forums other than CE. Isn't using the signature (which is actually part of the post) to post it a sneaky way to try to get around the said rule? This is what annoys me (slightly) - that some people think (and prove) that they don't intend to play by the same rules as all others.

i reported you.

i do not want to hug it out with you.

i feel harrassed every time i see a post from you.
post #7839 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
i reported you.

i do not want to hug it out with you.

i feel harrassed every time i see a post from you.

Go to the gym diorshoe
post #7840 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnacious View Post
As robin said, just disable the sigs. I have them disabled because of the abuses mentioned and 99% of the quotes in the sigs are trite if not annoying. The downside is I cannot see peoples links to external blogs, some of which I liked to frequent, now are mostly forgotten.
I live by my sig quote.
post #7841 of 9842
As do I, though I guess it is not a quote since I came up with it myself.
post #7842 of 9842
I think I've got a cool sig. Ya'll should read it.
post #7843 of 9842
Lets limit people to creating something like 2 CE threads a week. Look at AF's threads. He has about 5-6 on the front page right now...all terrible. Same goes for Conne.
post #7844 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU View Post
Lets limit people to creating something like 2 CE threads a week. Look at AF's threads. He has about 5-6 on the front page right now...all terrible. Same goes for Conne.

Not that I disagree, but people have been saying this for about 500 pages of this thread - to the point where it becomes the anti-spam spam.
post #7845 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
Not that I disagree, but people have been saying this for about 500 pages of this thread - to the point where it becomes the anti-spam spam.

It should be telling when so many different people come to the same conclusion independently.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I