or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 476  

post #7126 of 9842
Ya, why the f@ck is there no European representation in this mod malarky?

I suggest a reverse Boston Tea Party type thingy to provide us with some representation.

K
post #7127 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKK3450 View Post
Ya, why the f@ck is there no European representation in this mod malarky?

I suggest a reverse Boston Tea Party type thingy to provide us with some representation.

K

Something like no spammination without representation.
post #7128 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishGent View Post
Something like no spammination without representation.

Yea, or we'll throw their 7 fold ties and raw denim in the Thames.

K
post #7129 of 9842
Quick question, if I hit the red triangle, I assume it just reports that post. How do I just report a whole user who's a spammer? I usually just write a message in the post report box...
post #7130 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKK3450 View Post
Ya, why the f@ck is there no European representation in this mod malarky?

I suggest a reverse Boston Tea Party type thingy to provide us with some representation.

K

I always assumed being made a mod was some form of cruel punishment...
post #7131 of 9842
Item 1) This may be the height of impracticality and idiocy on my part (and I realize I set a high bar here) but I think it would be nice to be able to set my view to only see threads that are started by, say, a senior member (i.e. - someone with over 100 posts). That way I could avoid the spam AND some of the newb threads. Not that I advocate that newbs shouldn't start threads, but I just am not up to reading them these days. Anyway, like I mentioned, impractical.

but, read on...

Point b) anti-spammer measures. I think the current MSFT Exchange bolt-on spam filter will automatically tag mail as spam if four users (worldwide, as I'm told) mark it as spam. Four users. If there was the means to ban or spaminate or suspend a poster based on four reports, that would certainly be nice and take a load off the mods, although Artisan Fan might have a hell of a time getting continually banned and un-banned...not that he's never been through that before.
post #7132 of 9842
^^^^ Just set the condition as four reports and under 100 posts. Not sure how hard that would be to script or not.
post #7133 of 9842
You could opt for a minimum number of notifications (ie 4) to set the message as inappropriate and non-viewable. If the message is not deleted, the OP could have an option to appeal which could the message viewable again, but leave it flagged for moderation.

You would, of course, likely need 2 or 3 additional columns in your DB and a new query to determine what posts to display, along with all of the programming related to the process :-)
post #7134 of 9842
Thread Starter 
If someone wants to program that I'm all ears. Unfortunately I don't know how. Also, though it stalled, I'm still "in the middle" of upgrading the forum to the newest version, and I'm not sure how the spam control functions will work in the new version. Once that upgrade is complete we can look at scripting custom stuff to deal with it. I've always wanted a post/thread threshold system where posts below a certain rating would be invisible by default, and a system like that would lend itself pretty well to anti spam usage.
post #7135 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
If someone wants to program that I'm all ears. Unfortunately I don't know how. Also, though it stalled, I'm still "in the middle" of upgrading the forum to the newest version, and I'm not sure how the spam control functions will work in the new version. Once that upgrade is complete we can look at scripting custom stuff to deal with it. I've always wanted a post/thread threshold system where posts below a certain rating would be invisible by default, and a system like that would lend itself pretty well to anti spam usage.

That would really, really hurt DT.

The alternative is to just limit posters to one post in CE per day.
post #7136 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
The alternative is to just limit posters to one post in CE per day.

That's crazy talk!
post #7137 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
That would really, really hurt DT.

The alternative is to just limit posters to one post in CE per day.
The main point would be to cut down on useless/snarky posts in MC and SW&D where we ostensibly are still trying to help people get answers to legitimate clothing questions, which was the point of the forum in the first place. It drives me nuts when I see people post a question and the first 5 responses are stupid inside jokes between the same clowns that no one new is going to understand. I had hoped a system could be developed to somewhat discourage that.
post #7138 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
The main point would be to cut down on useless/snarky posts in MC and SW&D where we ostensibly are still trying to help people get answers to legitimate clothing questions, which was the point of the forum in the first place. It drives me nuts when I see people post a question and the first 5 responses are stupid inside jokes between the same clowns that no one new is going to understand. I had hoped a system could be developed to somewhat discourage that.

I understand. Since it is usually the same group who do that, maybe they could just be warned.
post #7139 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
The main point would be to cut down on useless/snarky posts in MC and SW&D where we ostensibly are still trying to help people get answers to legitimate clothing questions, which was the point of the forum in the first place. It drives me nuts when I see people post a question and the first 5 responses are stupid inside jokes between the same clowns that no one new is going to understand. I had hoped a system could be developed to somewhat discourage that.
Its fucking awful these days. Especially in MC. Pretty much turned me off from asking questions in either forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
I understand. Since it is usually the same group who do that, maybe they could just be warned.
+1
post #7140 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
I understand. Since it is usually the same group who do that, maybe they could just be warned.

Just limit voxsantorum to 1 post/day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I