or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 309  

post #4621 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
beasty is fun and I think offers an interesting counterpoint on that sub forum. He's trolling a little, but at least he's consistent. I don't think he needs to be banned
My problem with him is that he offers nothing at all. He's not funny in the slightest and he just muddies up the real 'discussions' (if you can call them that) with the same tired old personal attacks. There has to be a cut-off point at some time where someone can only launch into unsolicted harassment 3x per day or something. Beasty will come into a thread late, quote every response by a poster, and insult him each time with a separate post. It's to the point now where the ignore function no longer works because he's trashing every thread and ignoring him is impossible. I don't care much about what people say about me or anything over the Internet, but my reason for coming to SF is for the real discussions and real information and different viewpoints that are brought up -- even if I disagree with them. Beasty just posts the same insults over and over. If it were not the Body Consciousness forum he would've been banned a long time ago.
post #4622 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
..

Lol. Merkured.
post #4623 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr. View Post
And I'm not a "he" FYI.
Beware the mollusk in all its ensnarements.
post #4624 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr. View Post
Explain? I've been highly civil, and I expect you to not stab behind my back. You were offended when we disagree? That's a natural outcome in a politics thread.

I imagine this thread is a Supreme Court of sort. Then state your case if you'd please.

And I'm not a "he" FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
You're a "she"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
Beware the mollusk in all its ensnarements.

The Sacred Civil Order of Internet Tough Gheyz, of which I am honorary Aviatrix, is pleased to welcome into "the fold" SF's first Tranny! We are glad you decided to come out and we will be pleased to help you through your transition. A whole new world awaits you, with doubled wardrobe, sequins, and an entire universe of lacey Taffeta.
post #4625 of 9842
Who was the old poster, not American, but attended an Ivy League school here? Essentially he would ask the forum what to wear before every conceivable event in his life? I think he graduated top of his class at Harvard or something? I can't think of the guy's name, but SinghStyle's constant girl questions kind of remind me of it.

Anyone know who I'm talking about?
post #4626 of 9842
josepidal?
post #4627 of 9842
Sounds like Jose.
post #4628 of 9842
jose is an underrated sf legend. He gets lost in all the enthusiasm over ernest/vaclava/jon.
post #4629 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Explanation: you're a racist. A civil one, if you'd like. If you were not aware of this fact, please consider your participation on this board as free therapy.

There isn't much of a case to state, your posts speak for themselves. You always seem to subtly slip racial comments in all topics, from your disapproval of the Government to you credit card problems.

Yeah, but racism is just an opinion, it's not a violation of any forum rules. And as you say, it's done "subtly" (not sure I agree it's subtle, but anyway), not in a real confrontational manner. It's not like he's dropping n-bombs, calling for violence, or directly stating any theories of inferiority.

I agree that he brings absolutely nothing of value, whatsoever, to the forum. Nothing at all. His comments reflect an average IQ at best.

However, he's not violating any rules.
post #4630 of 9842
ya, Jose was responsible for some classics.
post #4631 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
josepidal?


Beautiful. That's exactly who I was thinking of. Whatever happened to him?
post #4632 of 9842
He still posts, he's just a little more reserved
post #4633 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
Yeah, but racism is just an opinion, it's not a violation of any forum rules. And as you say, it's done "subtly" (not sure I agree it's subtle, but anyway), not in a real confrontational manner. It's not like he's dropping n-bombs, calling for violence, or directly stating any theories of inferiority.

I agree that he brings absolutely nothing of value, whatsoever, to the forum. Nothing at all. His comments reflect an average IQ at best.

However, he's not violating any rules.

I don't disagree - people are regularly banned for their douchey behaviour and offensive ideas though, not just for breaking the rules. It's the mods' decision to let this tone continue on their forum or not.

btw - does anyone have a link to the SF/vbulletin user agreement? There is definitely something in there about offensive content.
post #4634 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
btw - does anyone have a link to the SF/vbulletin user agreement? There is definitely something in there about offensive content.
vbulletin requested more from us, so I am asking beasty to weigh in in body consciousness threads, deliberately provoking Manton in CE, and asking Fran if he would like some tanning lotion.
post #4635 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
josepidal?

yep
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I