or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 301  

post #4501 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Weird, because I just tried it with mine and it worked fine. I saw when you PMed about this and it was while the server was crawling with the backup (need to bug them again about that) and I thought that might be why. Mind trying it again?
post #4502 of 9842
Tried it again (using a url) and the same result.
Did you try to clear the temp folder? Or maybe there is a redirect error.
post #4503 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Hm, try again now. For some reason the upload temp dir was set to a nonexistent directory. I can't remember if it was there before or if the setting got changed, but either way, someone broke it.
post #4504 of 9842
I changed mine the other day and got the same error message, yet it was updated successfully.
post #4505 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
I changed mine the other day and got the same error message, yet it was updated successfully.

I am not sure if you can refer to that Flock of Seagulls haircut as "succesfully" .
post #4506 of 9842
Thread Starter 
post #4507 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Hm, try again now. For some reason the upload temp dir was set to a nonexistent directory. I can't remember if it was there before or if the setting got changed, but either way, someone broke it.

Failed again J. Same error message.
Did you chmod the temp dir to 777?
post #4508 of 9842
Infestation by AAUttemsshoopsy...

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=101118
post #4509 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post

Awesome, thanks! Can we get rid of the avatar with the fat guy in shorts showing his ass? It's not work-safe, at least not for me...
post #4510 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
Failed again J. Same error message. Did you chmod the temp dir to 777?
Yep. Okay, try now. Using a different directory. I got the error and now I don't. Not sure why I didn't get it last night.
post #4511 of 9842
I seems like Why has crossed some line in the recent mother/suicide thread. I'm not easily offended, but it seems that his conduct in that thread is just as out-of-line as dropping racial slurs, which gets people timed out as a matter of course.
post #4512 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post
I seems like Why has crossed some line in the recent mother/suicide thread. I'm not easily offended, but it seems that his conduct in that thread is just as out-of-line as dropping racial slurs, which gets people timed out as a matter of course.

+1. I don't care about the things he is referring to me personally, but you would think someone can show at least a little bit of maturity. It's a sad situation for the OP and I doubt he needs some douche on an internet forum preaching about what is considered "real suicide".
post #4513 of 9842
I'm going to DISAGREE about the anti-why statements. He's making a valid point; it's just that it is an emotional issue and almost nobody on that thread is going to look at the issue in a non-emotional way. I'm not saying I'd have said the same things he did in that way, but I think he's being highly misinterpreted. Further, he's using his characteristic tone, which a lot of people don't get and automatically label "ASSHOLE." Taking away the why-isms... I think his basic point is valid. I read it as, "We all have awful life situations. They suck and sadly, that's life. It's not all unicorns and rainbows. Sympathy is fine, understanding is good, but automatic passes and just a lot of hand holding and petting make situations WORSE and not better. Nobody wants to be cold and unloving, but at the same time, we don't want to be enabling unhealthy emotional attitudes and immaturity."
post #4514 of 9842
I agree with rach and why.
post #4515 of 9842
But neither of you have souls.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I