or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 223  

post #3331 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelF View Post
Hey now that's what I call quick service. Thanks Matt!

Thanks, m@T.

It was a quick service, yesterday. Thank you very much.
post #3332 of 9842
..
post #3333 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Yesterday tinfoil futures are at an all time high.
post #3334 of 9842
did kunk get all the way banned? His says "banned" and "haganah" says "in time out."
post #3335 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
did kunk get all the way banned? His says "banned" and "haganah" says "in time out."

No, he is in timeout too.

I'll change that.

Fok.
post #3336 of 9842
Why is teh SF so slow this afernoon? Sometimes it lags but right now is especially bad (seems like its back up to speed now)
post #3337 of 9842
Thread Starter 
I have someone looking into it right now. In the meantime while it was really bad I shut it down completely for a couple minutes to optimize the database. Hopefully we will get all this ironed out ASAP - sorry for the inconvenience. There may be some downtime coming up maybe next week - I want to get the forum upgraded and all the configuration optimized and hopefully fix the problem for good.
post #3338 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Okay, for the moment I threw hardware at the problem and hopefully that will help for the meantime. 2x the RAM, 2x the FUN.
post #3339 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Okay, for the moment I threw hardware at the problem and hopefully that will help for the meantime. 2x the RAM, 2x the FUN.
And it seems to have helped!
post #3340 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Well, I disabled the wiki for the moment as one of its scripts was hogging resources, and that seemed to help from then on. That was earlier and it's been reasonably okay since. But more RAM can't hurt anything and maybe it will just fix it and save me some headaches.
post #3341 of 9842
This was my contribution to fixing the problem:

Fok: "Um, people are telling me it's getting slow. Er... the forum."
j. : "Fuck, something something technical - something about loads, the wiki, etc... The forum is broken."
Fok: "Hmmmm (thinking). Maybe we should just go to a faster server. Totally worth it."
j. : "Yeah, I'll probably get more RAM. We have X amount right now."
Fok: "Yeah. We should get, like dual quad cores. Does that give us, like, an automatic 8 Gigs?"
j : "That is the processor speed, not the RAM."
Fok: "Oh? Yeah, I guess I knew that. Um, more RAM then. My machine here has 4 Gigs, that's what they told me."
j: "Yah, sure. Um, can I fix the forum now, please?"

Sort of a Dilbert-esque scenario, and I'm not sure that I come off as the smart guy.
post #3342 of 9842
J, have you ever thought about a Travelling subforum? I just did some searches on hotel recommendations (didn't find what I was looking for) and was amazed how much infos came up just on a search for "hotel". Seems like we have a huge amount of travel info already now.
post #3343 of 9842
Trying to figure out this new member's story: http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=32124 He/she just keeps posting the same sentence in every thread he/she enters. I don't get it... it's not really spamming, but maybe trying in the dorkiest, lamest way possible to build up a post count? EDIT: he/she's posting a link to a site in the sig, so I think it's def. spamming. Please send him back to Grammar School!!!
post #3344 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Trying to figure out this new member's story:

http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=32124

He/she just keeps posting the same sentence in every thread he/she enters. I don't get it... it's not really spamming, but maybe trying in the dorkiest, lamest way possible to build up a post count?

EDIT: he/she's posting a link to a site in the sig, so I think it's def. spamming. Please send him back to Grammar School!!!

Done
post #3345 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Done

Thanks... because I mostly tend to agree but I'm not sure I *get* everything here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I