or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 214  

post #3196 of 9842
yeah sorry about the edit thing...I tried to edit it in, but then SF went crazy slow and did that spinning...spinning...thing. In the meantime, you answered and quoted me pre-edit. So, cut and pasted my addition into a new post. OK, I will start that thread and pin it in B&S/WTB, as well as put a notice in the front page/rulesy thing as well. I am going to deputise you to come up with a bit of a template for what it should say as well in one of the first posts. Who you are/where you are/what you have access to etc. Fair?
post #3197 of 9842
So looks like j finally kicked Harry Lean out.
post #3198 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
So looks like j finally kicked Harry Lean out.

I had noticed that when I saw one of his posts, he looked as though he was getting increasingly cranky and his tone had become closer and closer to that of the Shooman. To add to my suspicions, he clearly lived in Australia (as he posted at length about RM Williams and other Australian shoe-related topics) and he was very critical of pretty much any shoe that was presented on the forum.
post #3199 of 9842
Even Vass?
post #3200 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
I had noticed that when I saw one of his posts, he looked as though he was getting increasingly cranky and his tone had become closer and closer to that of the Shooman. To add to my suspicions, he clearly lived in Australia (as he posted at length about RM Williams and other Australian shoe-related topics) and he was very critical of pretty much any shoe that was presented on the forum.

I bet if j et co. dug deep enough in the server logs they will unearth various IP's, even when hidden behind proxies.
post #3201 of 9842
My impression was that Harry Lean was like the zipcar of the banned FNB trolls. They loaned the keys out among themselves and shooman eventually drove it into the ditch.
post #3202 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
So looks like j finally kicked Harry Lean out.

Yup. Sometimes trolls get tiresome enough that it becomes worth the effort to ban them.
post #3203 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
My impression was that Harry Lean was like the zipcar of the banned FNB trolls. They loaned the keys out among themselves and shooman eventually drove it into the ditch.
We have a winner.
post #3204 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
We have a winner.

A winner, where's nothing to win or loose.
post #3205 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Yup. Sometimes trolls get tiresome enough that it becomes worth the effort to ban them.

cough... PoloRalph???... cough
post #3206 of 9842
Is there a long-running PSA thread? I haven't seen one, maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Every so often I'll run across some decent to good deals at discounters here in San Francisco. I'm not into buying the stuff and reselling in B&S, but I would like to share the info and maybe help out some others. I'd rather not start a new PSA thread every time and clutter up the forums. I've put these PSAs in the "thrift/dicsount bragging" thread, but that didn't seem like the right place either.
post #3207 of 9842
I note that some of the most recent posts of the "Most Intelligent Troll" thread have been deleted. Was that because of the reappearance of Horace under the user name "Spooter"? I thought at first the whole thread had been squirreled.
post #3208 of 9842
Should the cesspool just be closed until after the elections are done? That place is weirder than normal lately.
post #3209 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Should the cesspool just be closed until after the elections are done? That place is weirder than normal lately.

+100.
post #3210 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Should the cesspool just be closed until after the elections are done? That place is weirder than normal lately.

Is that a provision of McCain-Feingold?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I