or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 178  

post #2656 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Please use to the left of a post to report spam.
post #2657 of 9842
^ Spam

Jon.
post #2658 of 9842
chrisneils seems he's just adding useless stuff to threads to hawk his site.
post #2659 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
chrisneils seems he's just adding useless stuff to threads to hawk his site.

I was about to post the same thing. Dude's like jv17 with an agenda...
post #2660 of 9842
yah, just had a look, he has banged out like 10 posts in 15 minutes, in fairness to him, all on topic and none flagrantly shilling, but he does have a very extensive commercial signature, so your concerns are well founded. I'll bring it up with Top Management Thanks for pointing it out.
post #2661 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
chrisneils seems he's just adding useless stuff to threads to hawk his site.
I think this bit from his website's FAQ is pretty funny: "Are your shoes authentic? Yes! Everything here at Kar**msK*cks.com comes with a 100% money-back authenticity guarantee. Please understand that our shoes are shipped directly from third party warehouses. We make every attempt to only work with accredited and licensed warehouses, however if in case you think the shoes you received may not be authentic, we simply ask that you return them to us for a full refund." So, it's like "yeah, our shoes are authentic, but if they aren't, just send them back to us."
post #2662 of 9842
Why doesn't styleforum have a +/- rep function?
post #2663 of 9842
neg rep for asking
post #2664 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
Why doesn't styleforum have a +/- rep function?

Is this something that can easily be done with the forum software? It could be very useful. I get a lot of buy requests from relatively new members, or members with low post counts. And there are others with low post counts to whom I've sold many things and would like to give them a +
post #2665 of 9842
I keep timing out today. I want my money back.
post #2666 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Is this something that can easily be done with the forum software? It could be very useful. I get a lot of buy requests from relatively new members, or members with low post counts. And there are others with low post counts to whom I've sold many things and would like to give them a +
Yes, the software does it but none of the mods have thought it would be a great idea because it leads to stupid popularity contests.
post #2667 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
yah, just had a look, he has banged out like 10 posts in 15 minutes, in fairness to him, all on topic and none flagrantly shilling, but he does have a very extensive commercial signature, so your concerns are well founded.

I'll bring it up with Top Management

Thanks for pointing it out.

Er... I did nothing because I tend to be conservative that way, but j. may have deep-sixed him. I haven't checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Yes, the software does it but none of the mods have thought it would be a great idea because it leads to stupid popularity contests.

Unfortunately, while I've seen rep systems work under some circumstances, more often than not, I've seen guys being goaded on to be extra disckheaded by e-peen plussage.
post #2668 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Unfortunately, while I've seen rep systems work under some circumstances, more often than not, I've seen guys being goaded on to be extra disckheaded by e-peen plussage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Yes, the software does it but none of the mods have thought it would be a great idea because it leads to stupid popularity contests.

But, that wouldn't happen here.
post #2669 of 9842
Quote:
But, that wouldn't happen here.
Instead of rep'ping, we could award douchebag points.
post #2670 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Yes, the software does it but none of the mods have thought it would be a great idea because it leads to stupid popularity contests.
It could work if it was entirely relegated to B&S, and the numbers didn't show outside of that subforum. I know what you mean though, I have never seen these reputation systems work well on any forum.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I