or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 135  

post #2011 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
+ a trillion

On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Jon.
Did you actually write that on sheepskin vellum before typing it out?
post #2012 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
I did not find that Ed or Connie made reading SF difficult or unpleasant. That has nothing to do with whether they should be on leave for some offense or another, but if people are keeping track of who thinks their absence has made SF a better place, don't count me.

You have to think of the amount of nonsense they perpetuate...and the fact that they do so in every sub-forum, every day of the week. And which leads others to post about it, and soon enough you have the mods sending PM's en masse regarding topics like teh ghey (I wasn't included in the PM dear mods, but I did acquire a copy of it) and people being put on time out; and then getting extended time out because they cannot control themselves or their shenanigans.

Jon.
post #2013 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Did you actually write that on sheepskin vellum before typing it out?

I wish, but unfortunately I have yet to procure some from Labelking, nor do I think he would so easily part with it.

Jon.
post #2014 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
+ a trillion

On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Jon.

On another serious note, on the weekends when you don't post on SF, the douchebag quotient takes a serious nosedive. Alas, I dare say that your return to posting invariably restores the high level of douchyness to the forum.
post #2015 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
On another serious note, on the weekends when you don't post on SF, the douchebag quotient takes a serious nosedive. Alas, I dare say that your return to posting invariably restores the high level of douchyness to the forum.

Simple thoughts written out by a simple man. Calling me such titles only projects on to you what you invariably are but fail to admit, your post that I am quoting being sufficient evidence. And while I admit I have in the past crossed the line, the two aforementioned posters have crossed more borders than the people of Switzerland.

What are the Christians so fond of saying? Oh, yes: let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Jon.
post #2016 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
On a serious note however their absence has allowed SF to be quite readable the past few days. In threads were personal attacks would have normally broken out by now (like the Catholic Church thread on the CE forum); the discourse has been quite polite and adult. And while, yes there are of course disagreements, everyone has stayed inside the zone of proper etiquette and care. I dare say that SF is more viewable today than it has been since time immemorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
You have to think of the amount of nonsense they perpetuate...and the fact that they do so in every sub-forum, every day of the week. And which leads others to post about it, and soon enough you have the mods sending PM's en masse regarding topics like teh ghey (I wasn't included in the PM dear mods, but I did acquire a copy of it) and people being put on time out; and then getting extended time out because they cannot control themselves or their shenanigans.

Oh the irony...
post #2017 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Oh the irony...

What's so ironic about it? Please do tell.

Jon.
post #2018 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
What's so ironic about it? Please do tell.
hmmm... are you having a softy brain day?

You complaining about
- personal attacks (see above your response to EL)
- nonsense posting (see most of your posts)
- improper etiquette (see your Allah Uaqbar comment)
- PM sending (we all know, you know?)
etc...

is ironic
post #2019 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
hmmm... are you having a softy brain day?

You complaining about
- personal attacks (see above your response to EL)
- nonsense posting (see most of your posts)
- improper etiquette (see your Allah Uaqbar comment)
- PM sending (we all know, you know?)
etc...

is ironic

post #2020 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
hmmm... are you having a softy brain day?

You complaining about
- personal attacks (see above your response to EL)
- nonsense posting (see most of your posts)
- improper etiquette (see your Allah Uaqbar comment)
- PM sending (we all know, you know?)
etc...

is ironic
Signed, StyleForvm
post #2021 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
hmmm... not too bright?

You complaining about
- personal attacks (see above your response to EL)
- nonsense posting (see most of your posts)
- improper etiquette (see your Allah Uaqbar comment)
- PM sending (we all know, you know?)
etc...

is ironic

I retorted to him with a personal observation after he made a personal attack on me; as did you. As I have stated above I know I have crossed the line before, but at least unlike you, I can admit it. From your posts, you would seem think you are somehow above reproach (you aren't) and that you treat others far better than they treat you (you don't).

And if you are comparing my so-called "ňúnonsense posts' (and because you don't understand them does not make them nonsense...but that's another topic altogether).

Regarding that particular comment I fully explained what I meant by it, some people understood and some didn't, ces't la vie...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain a position, especially when more than half the people participating on the thread understand exactly what I posted.

And I think you completely misread what I said regarding PM sending. I was not talking about conne or ed sending PM's, but rather the mods having to send PM's to several people regarding the exact same behavioral violation, something that we both know did not occur with any frequency, say 3 years ago...A time that you can recall but many of the people who quoted you but failed to do anything other than goosestep cannot.

Jon.
post #2022 of 9842
LOL - what does it have to do with me? I'm not complaining about anyone's behaviour, neither publicly here or by sending PMs to the mods. I'm not making any representations about me being beyond reproach, smart, polite or anything. You are the one complaining and schadenfreuding and I (along with others) can see the irony in your complaints
post #2023 of 9842
This is cute.
post #2024 of 9842
[channelling hagannah]

Jon, go away.

[/channelling hagannah]
post #2025 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
LOL - what does it have to do with me?

You responded, no? When I don't want to get involved in a thread I simply don't post in it (case in point: when is the last time you have seen a post by me in the streetware forum?).

Quote:
I'm not complaining about anyone's behaviour, neither publicly here or by sending PMs to the mods.

By saying that my post was ironic you indeed did complain about my behavior.

Quote:
I'm not making any representations about me being beyond reproach, smart, polite or anything.

By saying things like: "hmmm... not too bright" (which then you then disingenuously edited; but not to worry, since it was saved when I quoted it) you are in reality stating that you believe that you are more intelligent than I am.

Quote:
You are the one complaining and schadenfreuding and I (along with others) can see the irony in your complaints

Again, if you reread my original post, you will see that I was merely commenting on my opinion of the current state of SF. As I see it, the forum has taken a turn for the better the last few days, and coincidently two members were also put on time out. I think the two are related, but it's not up to me to decide. I never mentioned that they should be banned or even that their time out should be extended. That is not for me to decide, and frankly I don't think J would care what I had to say regarding the topic one way or another.

Jon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I