or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 132  

post #1966 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Ed and Conne have themselves a while in the hole together
There is so much wrong with this statement.

JB
post #1967 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
I don't know what Conne is doing either.

My guess would be that he is drinking.

That's not such a bad way to get through detention. I do hope he's at least drinking quality stuff.
post #1968 of 9842
where is the dumb threads forum?
post #1969 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
where is the dumb threads forum?

Its a sub, subforum.

Found under entertainment and culture, hilariously enough.
post #1970 of 9842
thanks
post #1971 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Its a sub, subforum.

Found under entertainment and culture, hilariously enough.
Filed under Entertainment more than Culture...
post #1972 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
Those aren't really females. Well, not all of them anyway.

Yes, if it weren't for the teh ghey ban (teh teh ghey ban?) I would suggest that they have a different meaning for "female member".

RJbanned.
post #1973 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post
He listed the Paul Stuart jackets first on Ebay rather than on this forum, which is not his habit. He'd probably have been better off listing them here first, as he does have a built-in audience.

While stuff may sell quicker and more reliably here, with a few exceptions, the prices he can get on eBay for most of his items are higher than on the B&S forum.
post #1974 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
While stuff may sell quicker and more reliably here, with a few exceptions, the prices he can get on eBay for most of his items are higher than on the B&S forum.

So what, doesn't he owe it to his SF buddies to sell his stuff for less here than on Ebay
post #1975 of 9842
What about the card case project? Should we wait for his return to deal with that?
post #1976 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
While stuff may sell quicker and more reliably here, with a few exceptions, the prices he can get on eBay for most of his items are higher than on the B&S forum.

El,

Ed's starting price for the items he was selling here is the same as on Ebay. He adds $20 for a BIN now price, but he now has to pay Ebay's commissions. For example, I bought the brown Kiton pants here for $279. The gray ones started at $279 on EBay with a BIN now of $299.00. The Paul Stuart jackets, which were not listed on the B&S forum, start at $249 with a $299 BIN.

I am frankly astonished that a forum participant who is lauded as the "Quality Seller" one day is "disciplined" as if he were in preschool the next. But gratitude is more frequently found in Harlequin novels than in the deliberations of moderators.

Steven
post #1977 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post

I am frankly astonished that a forum participant who is lauded as the "Quality Seller" one day is "disciplined" as if he were in preschool the next. But gratitude is more frequently found in Harlequin novels than in the deliberations of moderators.


Expecting people to follow rules and adhere to established norms of behavior is a "preschool" concept? (I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.) I'm not sure what "gratitude" is supposed to have to do with anything. I've bought multiple items of Ed and I like him a lot, but the petulance and lack of sense exhibited by your comments are the only things evocative of preschool that I see in this situation.

I've never read a Harlequin novel, so I'll defer to your expertise on that point.
post #1978 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
Expecting people to follow rules and adhere to established norms of behavior is a "preschool" concept? (I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.) I'm not sure what "gratitude" is supposed to have to do with anything. I've bought multiple items of Ed and I like him a lot, but the petulance and lack of sense exhibited by your comments are the only things evocative of preschool that I see in this situation.

I've never read a Harlequin novel, so I'll defer to your expertise on that point.

Well, counselor, please cite the established rules and norms that were violated. If you're not aware of them, I doubt that you can make this argument effectively.

"Gratitude" means that, if Ed has treated the members of this forum well, he should be treated well himself. But, as I said, the concept is not well known.


Steven
post #1979 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post
El,

Ed's starting price for the items he was selling here is the same as on Ebay. He adds $20 for a BIN now price, but he now has to pay Ebay's commissions. For example, I bought the brown Kiton pants here for $279. The gray ones started at $279 on EBay with a BIN now of $299.00. The Paul Stuart jackets, which were not listed on the B&S forum, start at $249 with a $299 BIN.

I am frankly astonished that a forum participant who is lauded as the "Quality Seller" one day is "disciplined" as if he were in preschool the next. But gratitude is more frequently found in Harlequin novels than in the deliberations of moderators.

Steven
Wow. Yes, I should be grateful to posters and just let it go when they make comments that are totally out of line, because they have a good selling reputation. Maybe you should be astonished that the Quality Seller would do something that would warrant being disciplined. After all, everyone knows how arbitrary and whimsical my decisions are here, and how much I love having to play fun police, especially with established members.
post #1980 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post
Well, counselor, please cite the established rules and norms that were violated. If you're not aware of them, I doubt that you can make this argument effectively.


"(I never saw the comments made by Ed and Conne so I have no personal opinion on whether they in fact crossed any lines.)"

I can't make any argument effectively on a message board to someone who can't read.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I