or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 114  

post #1696 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
So I take it that my thread called "Why are black people so lazy and criminally inclined; an honest debate" wouldn't be popular? I'll have to stick with the one I'm preparing about "Why can't I call faggots; faggots while faggots can call faggots; faggots?"

All this time and I never knew you were Swiss . . .










Joking, lakewolf, joking . . .
post #1697 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
I feel this post is a personal attack on me, but I am taking your message to heart and am not going to report it. This time. But I'm watching you.

post #1698 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
All this time and I never knew you were Swiss . . .

This is war, old man!!! I've never been so insulted in my life.
post #1699 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
1. Before reporting a post, gauge whether something is appropriate given the general tenor of the forum, not whether you find it personally offensive. For example, today, someone reported posts asking me to take down posts that broke the Commandment to "Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." Dear member: "You evidently forgot that you were logged into Styleforum, not The 'Evangelical Bible Study forum'". 2. Don't come awhining that you are being picked on when you so very clearly deserve it. No, we do not condone bullying, and when someone goes out of their way to be a dick, I am not hesistant to use the ban-hammer. However, if you invite barbs from a lot of posters, maybe you ought to examine your own online behavior. Here is a pretty good guideline: If it would sound stupid/vain/pretentious in real life, it will come off doubly so over the net. 3. Do not bother reporting trivial crap. Today, someone reported a signature that they said was a personal attack on him. It wasn't. It was a comment on an attack on one of his posts. We are not babysitters. You are by-and-large grown men. Behave as such.
It seems like a good rule of thumb would be think three times before reporting a post, and then if you still think you should report it, think three more times. Repeat as necessary.
post #1700 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
This is war, old man!!! I've never been so insulted in my life.

Yeah, yeah. See if we ever invite you to the Super Bowl.
post #1701 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
I'm sorry, but what you're doing is not working.
So what do you propose?
post #1702 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Goodbye fashionist. You ignore my requests, you spam up my board, you post pics that are tiny, you aren't interested in discussing things in your own threads, and you can't even give the courtesy of a link back to us.

Good luck.
post #1703 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Goodbye fashionist. You ignore my requests, you spam up my board, you post pics that are tiny, you aren't interested in discussing things in your own threads, and you can't even give the courtesy of a link back to us.

Good luck.

post #1704 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
So what do you propose?
Either ban Artisan Fan and get it done with or stop the sporadic enforcement. It's clearly done absolutely nothing to stop that kind of bullshit (from several more people than just AF) for more than a day.
post #1705 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Goodbye fashionist. You ignore my requests, you spam up my board, you post pics that are tiny, you aren't interested in discussing things in your own threads, and you can't even give the courtesy of a link back to us.

Good luck.

Boom!

(That was the sound of the hammer crashing down)
post #1706 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Goodbye fashionist. You ignore my requests, you spam up my board, you post pics that are tiny, you aren't interested in discussing things in your own threads, and you can't even give the courtesy of a link back to us.

Good luck.



Thank you J!
post #1707 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
It seems like a good rule of thumb would be think three times before reporting a post, and then if you still think you should report it, think three more times. Repeat as necessary.

Do people actually report stuff other than spam??? I mean, I've dished out and taken some smack in my day, but I'd never think of whining to a mod about it.

Everybody who has ever reported anything other than spam needs to grow some balls on the double.
post #1708 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
Either ban Artisan Fan and get it done with or stop the sporadic enforcement. It's clearly done absolutely nothing to stop that kind of bullshit (from several more people than just AF) for more than a day.

An embargo on AF from posting in the CEsspool would do. Sort of like how amerikajinda isn't allowed to post in girls-related threads.
post #1709 of 9842
http://styleforum.net/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=11

Take a look at this post here. Looks like someone is trying to draw attention to his thread by posting a million keywords in white to get higher on google or something...
Against the rules? Or just weird and obnoxious?
post #1710 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
An embargo on AF from posting in the CEsspool would do. Sort of like how amerikajinda isn't allowed to post in girls-related threads.

I think AF is the most harmless of the CE posters. Manton's posts are positively Machiavellian, iammatt's are charmingly snarky, but AF is the Fashion TC of politics (and audio): he clearly isn't firing on all cylinders, he parrots (what he thinks is) received wisdom, and he never learns.

It would be like an embargo on me from posting in threads about cats.

In AF's defense, he really does seem like a good-natured person who means no harm. Even if his posts sometimes may be offensive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I