or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 113  

post #1681 of 9842
I think the default error code for signing in when banned should read: "Sorry. This band of merry men has deemed you: Fucktarded."
post #1682 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Not that it matters, but I disagree with this decision. Sometimes the best thing about threads like these is the ability to remind yourself of some of the stuff said on SF and to use those reminders as guideposts when reading future threads.

+1. Knowing AF, he would just keep coming back for more. The thread in question should serve as a good source for "posterity" quotes, among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Can't sign in. It gives you a reason.

Speaking from experience?
post #1683 of 9842
Matt really has a point. I know a lot of people here are fond of the hands off moderation, Matt included, but this policy of redaction-as-enforcement has given us what, exactly? Is AF and the cunt brigade going to stop? Because I see absolutely nothing that has changed in all his time here. These threads do not stop, and simple disappearing this stuff does nothing but encourage things to stay the same. I'm sorry, but what you're doing is not working.
post #1684 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Can't sign in. It gives you a reason.
Hmm, how would you know?

[ ] was watching over Conne's shoulder
[ ] jovan screamed his out in ecstacy one night
[ ] other _____________________

figured I'd save people some time...
post #1685 of 9842
Jovan and his Negro fashions?
post #1686 of 9842
Quote:
+1. Knowing AF, he would just keep coming back for more. The thread in question should serve as a good source for "posterity" quotes, among other things.


Hey- you guys voted not to ban him or time him out...There was a poll awhile back...
post #1687 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
this policy of redaction-as-enforcement has given us what, exactly? Is AF and the cunt brigade going to stop? Because I see absolutely nothing that has changed in all his time here. These threads do not stop, and simple disappearing this stuff does nothing but encourage things to stay the same.
Let us all not forget that there exist plenty of other threads which have not been squirreled in which Fran has shown himself to be a blinkered holy fool in prey to his prejudices and the blandishments of Olga, Rush and other hucksters' pat poetic persiflage, incapable of reading comprehension or critical thought. These are not attacks, Fran, they are simply statements of fact. If you offer valid counterexamples -- as, say, your other debating opponents have to your assertions -- I will change my statements.

Let's remember that leaving gratuitously offensive threads up as a totem of a member's idiocy can also be interpreted as being representative of a forum itself.





Not enough coffee.
post #1688 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
I'm sorry, but what you're doing is not working.

Working? What is our goal, again?
post #1689 of 9842
j, you ARE the most entertaining poster. No contest needed.

srsly
post #1690 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
j, you ARE the most entertaining poster. No contest needed.

srsly

Wipe the brown stain off your nose!
post #1691 of 9842
So I take it that my thread called "Why are black people so lazy and criminally inclined; an honest debate" wouldn't be popular? I'll have to stick with the one I'm preparing about "Why can't I call faggots; faggots while faggots can call faggots; faggots?"
post #1692 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Working? What is our goal, again?

post #1693 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
So I take it that my thread called "Why are black people so lazy and criminally inclined; an honest debate" wouldn't be popular? I'll have to stick with the one I'm preparing about "Why can't I call faggots; faggots while faggots can call faggots; faggots?"
The latter sounds a bit gay.
post #1694 of 9842
1. Before reporting a post, gauge whether something is appropriate given the general tenor of the forum, not whether you find it personally offensive. For example, today, someone reported posts asking me to take down posts that broke the Commandment to "Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." Dear member: "You evidently forgot that you were logged into Styleforum, not The 'Evangelical Bible Study forum'".

2. Don't come awhining that you are being picked on when you so very clearly deserve it. No, we do not condone bullying, and when someone goes out of their way to be a dick, I am not hesistant to use the ban-hammer. However, if you invite barbs from a lot of posters, maybe you ought to examine your own online behavior. Here is a pretty good guideline: If it would sound stupid/vain/pretentious in real life, it will come off doubly so over the net.

3. Do not bother reporting trivial crap. Today, someone reported a signature that they said was a personal attack on him. It wasn't. It was a comment on an attack on one of his posts.

We are not babysitters. You are by-and-large grown men. Behave as such.
post #1695 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
1. Before reporting a post, gauge whether something is appropriate given the general tenor of the forum, not whether you find it personally offensive. For example, today, someone reported posts asking me to take down posts that broke the Commandment to "Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." Dear member: "You evidently forgot that you were logged into Styleforum, not The 'Evangelical Bible Study forum'".

2. Don't come awhining that you are being picked on when you so very clearly deserve it. No, we do not condone bullying, and when someone goes out of their way to be a dick, I am not hesistant to use the ban-hammer. However, if you invite barbs from a lot of posters, maybe you ought to examine your own online behavior. Here is a pretty good guideline: If it would sound stupid/vain/pretentious in real life, it will come off doubly so over the net.

3. Do not bother reporting trivial crap. Today, someone reported a signature that they said was a personal attack on him. It wasn't. It was a comment on an attack on one of his posts.

We are not babysitters. You are by-and-large grown men. Behave as such.
I feel this post is a personal attack on me, but I am taking your message to heart and am not going to report it. This time. But I'm watching you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I