or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 87  

post #1291 of 9842
He explains himself here.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=50180
I've had a similar problem recently.
post #1292 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Must admit Tippi looks better than her daughter Melanie Griffith does now, though.

I saw The Birds again for the first time in years this Thanksgiving, and I had completely forgotten what a hottie Tippi Hedren was. But, uh, yeah, not so much now. She has aged well, though.
post #1293 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
I saw The Birds again for the first time in years this Thanksgiving, and I had completely forgotten what a hottie Tippi Hedren was. But, uh, yeah, not so much now. She has aged well, though.
Marnie was on TV recently, Hitchcock's version of a Tennessee Williams-style Southern Gothic, and she was quite fetching. Sean Connery was less than convincing as a wealthy and wellborn American.
post #1294 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
He explains himself here.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=50180
I've had a similar problem recently.

Yes but the fact that they're in six different threads, as opposed to multiple duplicative posts in the same thread would indicate to me at least that there was intent to spread the nitroglycerin around...
post #1295 of 9842
Can Eric Glennie be for real (and not some incredibly creative troll, which is why I post it here)? Can anyone IRL be this dense and obsessive? Or is it an elaborate hoax by someone with way, way too much time on his hands?
post #1296 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Can Eric Glennie be for real (and not some incredibly creative troll, which is why I post it here)? Can anyone IRL be this dense and obsessive? Or is it an elaborate hoax by someone with way, way too much time on his hands?

There is one way to verify...





buy his stuff.
post #1297 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Can Eric Glennie be for real (and not some incredibly creative troll, which is why I post it here)? Can anyone IRL be this dense and obsessive? Or is it an elaborate hoax by someone with way, way too much time on his hands?

Up until the latest barrage, I was thinking he was delusional, but for real. Now I'm 99% in the "troll" camp. However, given the content of the website, it is quite elaborate.
post #1298 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
There is one way to verify...buy his stuff.
Sting once said that... oh, never mind.
post #1299 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
Up until the latest barrage, I was thinking he was delusional, but for real. Now I'm 99% in the "troll" camp. However, given the content of the website, it is quite elaborate.
One thing that made me think he was real was that he didn't limit his antics to online forums. I believe JamesT gave him some suggestions for people to contact once he had thought more about his product and taken more steps towards production. It seems that EG then contacted that person with his usual spiel/spam right away, which means that if he's a troll, he's also a real jerk for bothering people offline as well.
post #1300 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
Up until the latest barrage, I was thinking he was delusional, but for real. Now I'm 99% in the "troll" camp. However, given the content of the website, it is quite elaborate.
His domain name has been registered since 2002, so if he's a troll, he's a very forward-thinking one.
post #1301 of 9842
. . .
post #1302 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post
His domain name has been registered since 2002, so if he's a troll, he's a very forward-thinking one.

Sounds like you guys are right. A bit frightening.
post #1303 of 9842
Thread Starter 
Hmm, this site, and IIRC Andy's forum, started in 2002. Coincidence? You're entering a dimension of sliced up ties and collars, where nothing is as it seems. You're in... the Glennie Zone.
post #1304 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Hmm, this site, and IIRC Andy's forum, started in 2002. Coincidence? You're entering a dimension of sliced up ties and collars, where nothing is as it seems. You're in... the Glennie Zone.

Are you saying... you're Glennie?

...or have we now encountered... a sleeper troll?

BTW, j, what in hell is your avatar?
post #1305 of 9842
Thread Starter 
It's one of the famous lolcats made into a crappy version of Lenin by yours truly. He's clutching his little lapel and looking proudly into the lolfuture.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I