or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I - Page 76  

post #1126 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
Good point. If one can have "ironic facial hair", I see no reason one can't have (or be) an "ironic member".
I'd rather have a ferric member, but that's just me.
post #1127 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
Good point. If one can have "ironic facial hair", I see no reason one can't have (or be) an "ironic member".

Worse would be ironic pubic hair...

I know a disturbing number of people who have inflicted satirical gardening on their unmentionables.
post #1128 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
Worse would be ironic pubic hair...

I know a disturbing number of people who have inflicted satirical gardening on their unmentionables.

What are they satirizing?
post #1129 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
I'd rather have a ferric member, but that's just me.


Meh, a plutonic, uranic, or neptunic member would be hot by definition. Neptunic members have the drawback of decaying quickly unfortunately.
post #1130 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
Meh, a plutonic, uranic, or neptunic member would be hot by definition.
I hear ed has a uranic member.
post #1131 of 9842
Why can't I search for any of my posts prior to March 31,2007? I joined September 2006.
post #1132 of 9842
I noticed today that when I've clicked on a link to a post in C&E, it's forgetting my login and denying access. Usually it looks to be a good post, too. Could it be a cookie issue?
post #1133 of 9842
nm
post #1134 of 9842
I would like to voice my displeasure with some of the whining here. The idea of asking for a thread to be locked because you don't want to be made fun of strikes me as a really bad precedent. We all have ot own up to what we say and if some of us are going to use SF as our own private Dear Abby, then they should be ready for the comments they get. The same goes for people who report posts because their feelings get hurt. Reporting posts seems best used for issues like Miguel Antonio's stupid Italian name comments about Gaziano. OK, that is all.
post #1135 of 9842
agree
post #1136 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
OK, that is all.
Are you done whining now?
post #1137 of 9842
Matt,
Were you referring to my thread?

JB
post #1138 of 9842
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Matt,
Were you referring to my thread?

JB
Yes, that and the fact that I imagine that people don't take as good as they like to give. Being able to take a bit of ribbing, or even a bit of ridicule when you say something stupid is part of life.
post #1139 of 9842
I'm with Matt on this one. Unless something is particularly offensive or compromising, requests to lock threads are always out of order AFAIAC and there was no good reason why JB's thread needed to be closed. If you can't stand the heat...
post #1140 of 9842
cosign what Matt's on about. Everytime a member requests a thead be locked because he's getting his balls busted or feelings hurt, we all get a little wussier, and the first amendment cries a tear. Keep it real y'all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I