Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 8/23/16 at 4:23pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 4/2/16 at 9:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Events and PSA thread - Page 352post #5266 of 60417/5/13 at 11:03ampost #5267 of 60417/5/13 at 11:10ampost #5268 of 60417/5/13 at 12:57pmpost #5269 of 60417/6/13 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by razl
Bullock & Jones Wool/Linen trousers (+a little nylon/spandex for stretch) for $109 (actually at $76 w/30% off coupon today) on Sierra Trading post here (there are also linen/silk ones if that's your thing).
The only reason this qualifies as a PSA is wool/linen blends are really hard to find and generally exhorbitantly priced. I've found that I like good wool/linens best (versus cotton/silk/linen/flax combos) for hot, humid wear. I don't know this brand at all so I'm not sure of the quality, but I orderred myself a couple and will just return if they don't work out.
Hope this helps somebody else beat the heat in style!
Update: I just got back from a vacation to find these waiting for me. I ordered 3 pair - a 34w in tan and blue and a 33w in blue (I'm a natural 33w but tend to order 34s in most brands and get them taken in slightly). Interestingly, while they were all labelled as Bullock & Jones, each was sub-labeled differently, like B&J made them for different companies. One was just B&J, another had additional Hitl trim+tags, and the other was additionally tagged Lanaficio T. J. di Fabio (Fabulous Wool?) Brivido. And all were slightly different fits (rise and leg).
Lucky for me, the 34 tan which is what I wanted most worked out fine (and are going to be a great pair of summer trou!). But it was an interesting insight into how STP and/or Manufacturers work. In the future, I may buy multiples of the same item just in case they're different and return the ones that don't work out.post #5270 of 60417/6/13 at 4:06pmTwo pairs of unlined Dents gloves on Yoox for $75/pair. One peccary one carpincho. RRP on the peccaries is $335USD, currently on sale for $268 on the Dents site. Unfortunately both are too big for me so figured I'd give a heads up to my fellow SFers.
http://www.yoox.com/us/46294133DW/item?dept=#sts=dreambox80&cod10=46294133DW&sizeId=9post #5271 of 60417/6/13 at 5:25pmpost #5272 of 60417/7/13 at 10:11ampost #5273 of 60417/7/13 at 11:32ampost #5274 of 60417/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #5275 of 60417/11/13 at 5:49pmpost #5276 of 60417/11/13 at 5:52pmpost #5277 of 60417/11/13 at 5:53pmpost #5278 of 60417/11/13 at 6:17pm
We're hosting a pop-up shop here in Baltimore from July 18th-20th at the brand new Old Bank Barbers in Hampden (1100 W. 36th street, Baltimore). I just wanted to take a sec to invite you all to the kickoff party on the 18th-- there'll be cocktails courtesy of Art In The Age spirits, some local artisanal snacks, plus plenty of good vibes and a specially curated selection of made-in-the-USA raw & selvage denim, leather goods, neckwear, sunglasses and more. Comeon down and say hi if you're in the area.
Any other deets you could need can be found here.
Oh, and if you're of the press/blogger persuasion, get in touch so we can invite you to the special advance preview!
Thanks! Hope to see you there!
-R&Rpost #5279 of 60417/11/13 at 9:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by otc
Not as durable? I've never seen one in person.
Also, looks like if you sign up from the referral link, you can use MYFIRST20 to save 20% off your first order (over $50). Brings the large to $216 and the small to 112. Should be free shipping this month for everything over $50.
I've owned one and sold it. At least on mine, the bottom was completely soft and had no structure, so the whole bag would sag if you carried anything in it. Was kind of a crappy design.post #5280 of 60417/11/13 at 9:58pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Video Games 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 22 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 31 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 32 minutes ago
- › How much does this Gianni Versace Shirts worth? 42 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 43 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding