Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Events and PSA thread - Page 352post #5266 of 59307/5/13 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5267 of 59307/5/13 at 11:10ampost #5268 of 59307/5/13 at 12:57pmpost #5269 of 59307/6/13 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by razl
Bullock & Jones Wool/Linen trousers (+a little nylon/spandex for stretch) for $109 (actually at $76 w/30% off coupon today) on Sierra Trading post here (there are also linen/silk ones if that's your thing).
The only reason this qualifies as a PSA is wool/linen blends are really hard to find and generally exhorbitantly priced. I've found that I like good wool/linens best (versus cotton/silk/linen/flax combos) for hot, humid wear. I don't know this brand at all so I'm not sure of the quality, but I orderred myself a couple and will just return if they don't work out.
Hope this helps somebody else beat the heat in style!
Update: I just got back from a vacation to find these waiting for me. I ordered 3 pair - a 34w in tan and blue and a 33w in blue (I'm a natural 33w but tend to order 34s in most brands and get them taken in slightly). Interestingly, while they were all labelled as Bullock & Jones, each was sub-labeled differently, like B&J made them for different companies. One was just B&J, another had additional Hitl trim+tags, and the other was additionally tagged Lanaficio T. J. di Fabio (Fabulous Wool?) Brivido. And all were slightly different fits (rise and leg).
Lucky for me, the 34 tan which is what I wanted most worked out fine (and are going to be a great pair of summer trou!). But it was an interesting insight into how STP and/or Manufacturers work. In the future, I may buy multiples of the same item just in case they're different and return the ones that don't work out.post #5270 of 59307/6/13 at 4:06pmTwo pairs of unlined Dents gloves on Yoox for $75/pair. One peccary one carpincho. RRP on the peccaries is $335USD, currently on sale for $268 on the Dents site. Unfortunately both are too big for me so figured I'd give a heads up to my fellow SFers.
http://www.yoox.com/us/46294133DW/item?dept=#sts=dreambox80&cod10=46294133DW&sizeId=9post #5271 of 59307/6/13 at 5:25pmpost #5272 of 59307/7/13 at 10:11ampost #5273 of 59307/7/13 at 11:32ampost #5274 of 59307/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #5275 of 59307/11/13 at 5:49pmpost #5276 of 59307/11/13 at 5:52pmpost #5277 of 59307/11/13 at 5:53pmpost #5278 of 59307/11/13 at 6:17pm
We're hosting a pop-up shop here in Baltimore from July 18th-20th at the brand new Old Bank Barbers in Hampden (1100 W. 36th street, Baltimore). I just wanted to take a sec to invite you all to the kickoff party on the 18th-- there'll be cocktails courtesy of Art In The Age spirits, some local artisanal snacks, plus plenty of good vibes and a specially curated selection of made-in-the-USA raw & selvage denim, leather goods, neckwear, sunglasses and more. Comeon down and say hi if you're in the area.
Any other deets you could need can be found here.
Oh, and if you're of the press/blogger persuasion, get in touch so we can invite you to the special advance preview!
Thanks! Hope to see you there!
-R&Rpost #5279 of 59307/11/13 at 9:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by otc
Not as durable? I've never seen one in person.
Also, looks like if you sign up from the referral link, you can use MYFIRST20 to save 20% off your first order (over $50). Brings the large to $216 and the small to 112. Should be free shipping this month for everything over $50.
I've owned one and sold it. At least on mine, the bottom was completely soft and had no structure, so the whole bag would sag if you carried anything in it. Was kind of a crappy design.post #5280 of 59307/11/13 at 9:58pm
- Official Events and PSA thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 43 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › JOHN ELLIOTT CO - KITO SWEATPANT SZ MEDIUM 1 minute ago
- › Thom Browne Size 3 / Large Bespoke Wool Suit Prince of Wales Check 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...