or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Events and PSA thread - Page 338

post #5056 of 5669
For my fellow good-stuff-starved-bastards who are stuck in Orlando, FL - the Off-Fifth Saks (at the north end of I-Drive) has actually got a bunch of Truzzi shirts. Just plain blue and plain white (both barrel and french cuffs) but mainline stuff - great summer Italian poplin, thick MOP buttons, some handwork. Tagged at $150 but ring up at 40% off. Mostly in 15, 16, 17 with a couple of half sizes. They've recently changed the whole layout of the mens section - these shirts are catty corner from the register.

For those of you lucky enough to not be trapped in Central Florida who are thinking "why a PSA for some Truzzi shirts?" - because they don't even land at our mainline Saks or NM. We're like a last-tier sartorial wasteland.
post #5057 of 5669
I was there a couple of days ago, must have missed the Truzzi shirts, but i did notice the new layout. Off Fifth here in Orlando has been such a waste of time in the last couple of months that i hardly checked there anymore. Thanks for the tip...
post #5058 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Off Fifth here ANYWHERE has been such a waste of time in the last couple of months

FTFY
post #5059 of 5669
Some alligator watch straps in various colors on sale on brooksbrothers.com. Couple of them are big, but in general, pretty good price for gator.
post #5060 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepitm View Post

Some alligator watch straps in various colors on sale on brooksbrothers.com. Couple of them are big, but in general, pretty good price for gator.
Good prices. Though, some on eBay can beat them.
post #5061 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

Good prices. Though, some on eBay can beat them.
links to ebay stuff?
post #5062 of 5669
Is this worth it? Freeman's Sporting Club MTM fully-canvassed suit with a custom shirt for $1200: http://perks.urbandaddy.com/new-york/freeman-s-sporting-club.html
post #5063 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post

Is this worth it? Freeman's Sporting Club MTM fully-canvassed suit with a custom shirt for $1200: http://perks.urbandaddy.com/new-york/freeman-s-sporting-club.html

 

Everything I've seen from FSG has ben woeful (including their $4K full-bespoke). I would stay away.

post #5064 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post

Is this worth it? Freeman's Sporting Club MTM fully-canvassed suit with a custom shirt for $1200: http://perks.urbandaddy.com/new-york/freeman-s-sporting-club.html

None of those offers are or they wouldn't be offered to you.
post #5065 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post

Is this worth it? Freeman's Sporting Club MTM fully-canvassed suit with a custom shirt for $1200: http://perks.urbandaddy.com/new-york/freeman-s-sporting-club.html

Have you looked into Steed? They offer a 2-piece MTM suit for about $1,500. Matthew showed it to me when they visited San Francisco, and I thought it was quite nice. Not as nice as their bespoke, but it looked good for $1,500. Thomas Mahon also offers a MTM service now, though I've never seen it in person. I also don't know if it's the kind of thing you get from appointments with him, or if you have to find a local retail shop that "carries" it.

If I remember correctly, WW Chan's full bespoke is something around $2,000. That might be worth looking into if you're already considering $1,200.
post #5066 of 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Have you looked into Steed? They offer a 2-piece MTM suit for about $1,500. Matthew showed it to me when they visited San Francisco, and I thought it was quite nice. Not as nice as their bespoke, but it looked good for $1,500. Thomas Mahon also offers a MTM service now, though I've never seen it in person. I also don't know if it's the kind of thing you get from appointments with him, or if you have to find a local retail shop that "carries" it.

If I remember correctly, WW Chan's full bespoke is something around $2,000. That might be worth looking into if you're already considering $1,200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

None of those offers are or they wouldn't be offered to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

Everything I've seen from FSG has ben woeful (including their $4K full-bespoke). I would stay away.

Thank you all. I'll take this as a resounding no.
post #5067 of 5669
This will be a weird PSA, but hopefully somebody enjoys it...

To help beat the heat in Florida, I've developed a real penchant for cotton/linen blend shirts. As with all things, there's a range of quality from crap to exquisite. Last year (or the year before?) I splurged on one such Loro Piana shirt at just below retail because it was freakin' fantastic if not perfect. Not only is the material great, but the pattern - a light brown, cream, and sky plaid - was both subtle and distinctive. It was one of those times where I knew the item was perfect for me, price be damned!, and it ended up being just as great as I hoped.

So, I'm browsing Barney's Warehouse online today with my usual linen search, and there's this:


It seems it's a Barney's in-house with the same fantastic material (I just pulled out my shirt at home and compared the print) and marked from $245 down to $79 - cheap!.

This is a lot of writing for a simple shirt, but if you like cotton/linen blend shirts and like the print - it's actually lighter than the pic above, look at the listing's picture on the model for a better real-world representation - I can at least vouch for the material being way above that price. Unfortunately, I can't help with Barney's alpha sizing (note it says Slim Fit on the tag)

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/Plaid-Dress-Shirt/501958506,default,pd.html?cgid=mens-shirts&index=19#
Edited by razl - 5/12/13 at 8:37am
post #5068 of 5669
[dupe]
post #5069 of 5669
Okay gang, going on 3+ years of this now!
as most of you know I work @ barneys and just got the summer sale mark down lists.
I am anticipating 40% off on May 28th, if you email me a style number or size I'd gladly email you back letting you know if its going on sale, which store has it, and how many are left.
Thanks as always...

rtischler@barneys.com works best as I cant always get to pm's on my phone.

and for the shoe nuts I posted the lists in the c&j, JL, and G&G threads as well...
post #5070 of 5669
Taco, thanks for posting. For those that never dealt with him, he straight up icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread