Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 4/2/16 at 9:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Events and PSA thread - Page 312post #4666 of 604112/20/12 at 2:53pmpost #4667 of 604112/20/12 at 5:34pmNice pair of Vass oxfords on ebay.
I traded emails with the seller and got her to take a few more pictures. She doesn't know much about them and has them listed as R last, but based on pics I'd say U last. Anyway, great price on a very nice pair of shoes. I've got no skin in this one, just figured someone might be interested...post #4668 of 604112/20/12 at 6:41pmMy Boglioli jacket showed up from threedifferent today. It's from the "COAT" line. Ordered Friday, shipped Monday. The flash is making it look more pink. True color is a dark burgundy (for reference the shirt is blue). Fabric is great, fit is the same as the other COAT jacket I ordered from Yoox, maybe a touch shorter, although it could just be that this one needs to be pressed. For $160 total, I'm very pleased and will keep an eye out for more of these.post #4669 of 604112/20/12 at 6:53pmpost #4670 of 604112/20/12 at 7:16pmpost #4671 of 604112/20/12 at 7:49pmpost #4672 of 604112/20/12 at 7:54pmpost #4673 of 604112/20/12 at 8:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
I called around and found a store near me (North Brunswick, NJ on Rt 1). 3 different patterns, side vents, plastic buttons, I found S, R, and L lengths. Fabric was excellent, and I would have possibly bought all 3 patterns if the fit didn't suck. I couldn't find a single size that fit me in the shoulders. I'm usually a pretty reliable 40R, but the 40Rs had a big divot between the shoulder padding and my actual shoulder/arm. Oddly enough, both the 42R and 38R fit me better in the shoulders which makes no damn sense. All sizes had a weird wrinkle in the fabric running from my right shoulder towards my chest. My hunch is the left didn't have it due to the added weight of the breast pocket.
The fabric was really nice though! I bet they tried a new manufacturer to make the SCs and they messed up a dimension or something. Rather than write off the whole thing they added plastic buttons and dumped them on Walmart. It seems like the angle between the end of the shoulder and the bottom of the armpit is off or something. I have 2 SCs at the tailor now and I really don't want to deal with another tailoring bill so I passed. If you can get a good fit in the shoulders OTR with these they really are a steal and you should consider grabbing all 3.
Drove about 20 minutes tonight to the Walmart in union, nj and found a good selection of Harris tweed. The coats are cut pretty full - I basically ended up sizing down from 42R to 40R for a slimmer fit. I did not notice any of the fit issues that Fred mentioned.
I picked up the Barva - the oatmeal/tan coat with double vents and leather buttons. The tweed is lovely.People keep mentioning Bangladesh, but the inner tag clearly states that the fabric was woven in Scotland while the coat was made in China. Which sounds about the same as the Harris tweed j. Crew was selling for $600.
I went looking for the green/ brown coat with rainbow windowpane. If anyone is interested in a swap or would be willing to pick it up and ship, please let me now.
The fabrics look great. Construction looks pretty good too. I don't think you can beat $75 for a Harris tweed. My advice would be to avoid tailoring fees, consider sizing down.
Final point - nothing can really prepare you for Walmart. So just take a deep breath and just jump right in.post #4674 of 604112/20/12 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by mfadam
Nice pair of Vass oxfords on ebay.
I traded emails with the seller and got her to take a few more pictures. She doesn't know much about them and has them listed as R last, but based on pics I'd say U last. Anyway, great price on a very nice pair of shoes. I've got no skin in this one, just figured someone might be interested...
U last. Price is more expensive than forum proxies let along Vass itself.post #4675 of 604112/20/12 at 8:44pmQuote:looks great.Originally Posted by reidrothchild
My Boglioli jacket showed up from threedifferent today. It's from the "COAT" line. Ordered Friday, shipped Monday. The flash is making it look more pink. True color is a dark burgundy (for reference the shirt is blue). Fabric is great, fit is the same as the other COAT jacket I ordered from Yoox, maybe a touch shorter, although it could just be that this one needs to be pressed. For $160 total, I'm very pleased and will keep an eye out for more of these.post #4676 of 604112/20/12 at 8:50pmpost #4677 of 604112/20/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Paul Stuart sale started. some nice shoes on sale. looks like AS and Silvano Sassetti
Good prices. I was hoping for the GG models to go down though.post #4678 of 604112/20/12 at 9:07pmpost #4679 of 604112/20/12 at 9:28pmpost #4680 of 604112/20/12 at 9:36pmThat sounds about right. Cut is definitely generous. I'm not sure that I would define the construction as "poor." it seems adequate - but at $75 you're basically paying for the fabric and not a product crafted by an artisan.
Strange that they would flood Walmart with these jackets while the same exact models are selling on the Harris Tweed site for $600.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Currently, there are 1174 Active Users (225 Members and 949 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 22 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 25 minutes ago
- › What cause such creasing on my shirt? 48 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 53 minutes ago
- › Cigars 54 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding