Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:32 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Events and PSA thread - Page 312post #4666 of 594712/20/12 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4667 of 594712/20/12 at 5:34pmNice pair of Vass oxfords on ebay.
I traded emails with the seller and got her to take a few more pictures. She doesn't know much about them and has them listed as R last, but based on pics I'd say U last. Anyway, great price on a very nice pair of shoes. I've got no skin in this one, just figured someone might be interested...post #4668 of 594712/20/12 at 6:41pmMy Boglioli jacket showed up from threedifferent today. It's from the "COAT" line. Ordered Friday, shipped Monday. The flash is making it look more pink. True color is a dark burgundy (for reference the shirt is blue). Fabric is great, fit is the same as the other COAT jacket I ordered from Yoox, maybe a touch shorter, although it could just be that this one needs to be pressed. For $160 total, I'm very pleased and will keep an eye out for more of these.post #4669 of 594712/20/12 at 6:53pmpost #4670 of 594712/20/12 at 7:16pmpost #4671 of 594712/20/12 at 7:49pmpost #4672 of 594712/20/12 at 7:54pmpost #4673 of 594712/20/12 at 8:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
I called around and found a store near me (North Brunswick, NJ on Rt 1). 3 different patterns, side vents, plastic buttons, I found S, R, and L lengths. Fabric was excellent, and I would have possibly bought all 3 patterns if the fit didn't suck. I couldn't find a single size that fit me in the shoulders. I'm usually a pretty reliable 40R, but the 40Rs had a big divot between the shoulder padding and my actual shoulder/arm. Oddly enough, both the 42R and 38R fit me better in the shoulders which makes no damn sense. All sizes had a weird wrinkle in the fabric running from my right shoulder towards my chest. My hunch is the left didn't have it due to the added weight of the breast pocket.
The fabric was really nice though! I bet they tried a new manufacturer to make the SCs and they messed up a dimension or something. Rather than write off the whole thing they added plastic buttons and dumped them on Walmart. It seems like the angle between the end of the shoulder and the bottom of the armpit is off or something. I have 2 SCs at the tailor now and I really don't want to deal with another tailoring bill so I passed. If you can get a good fit in the shoulders OTR with these they really are a steal and you should consider grabbing all 3.
Drove about 20 minutes tonight to the Walmart in union, nj and found a good selection of Harris tweed. The coats are cut pretty full - I basically ended up sizing down from 42R to 40R for a slimmer fit. I did not notice any of the fit issues that Fred mentioned.
I picked up the Barva - the oatmeal/tan coat with double vents and leather buttons. The tweed is lovely.People keep mentioning Bangladesh, but the inner tag clearly states that the fabric was woven in Scotland while the coat was made in China. Which sounds about the same as the Harris tweed j. Crew was selling for $600.
I went looking for the green/ brown coat with rainbow windowpane. If anyone is interested in a swap or would be willing to pick it up and ship, please let me now.
The fabrics look great. Construction looks pretty good too. I don't think you can beat $75 for a Harris tweed. My advice would be to avoid tailoring fees, consider sizing down.
Final point - nothing can really prepare you for Walmart. So just take a deep breath and just jump right in.post #4674 of 594712/20/12 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by mfadam
Nice pair of Vass oxfords on ebay.
I traded emails with the seller and got her to take a few more pictures. She doesn't know much about them and has them listed as R last, but based on pics I'd say U last. Anyway, great price on a very nice pair of shoes. I've got no skin in this one, just figured someone might be interested...
U last. Price is more expensive than forum proxies let along Vass itself.post #4675 of 594712/20/12 at 8:44pmQuote:looks great.Originally Posted by reidrothchild
My Boglioli jacket showed up from threedifferent today. It's from the "COAT" line. Ordered Friday, shipped Monday. The flash is making it look more pink. True color is a dark burgundy (for reference the shirt is blue). Fabric is great, fit is the same as the other COAT jacket I ordered from Yoox, maybe a touch shorter, although it could just be that this one needs to be pressed. For $160 total, I'm very pleased and will keep an eye out for more of these.post #4676 of 594712/20/12 at 8:50pmpost #4677 of 594712/20/12 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Paul Stuart sale started. some nice shoes on sale. looks like AS and Silvano Sassetti
Good prices. I was hoping for the GG models to go down though.post #4678 of 594712/20/12 at 9:07pmpost #4679 of 594712/20/12 at 9:28pmpost #4680 of 594712/20/12 at 9:36pmThat sounds about right. Cut is definitely generous. I'm not sure that I would define the construction as "poor." it seems adequate - but at $75 you're basically paying for the fabric and not a product crafted by an artisan.
Strange that they would flood Walmart with these jackets while the same exact models are selling on the Harris Tweed site for $600.
- Official Events and PSA thread
- The Current State of Americana
Currently, there are 1487 Active Users (370 Members and 1117 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › POLL: Is Eidos Napoli an Italian or an American brand ? 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Black Leather Jazz Style Lace Ups Size 10 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015