or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Events and PSA thread - Page 291

post #4351 of 5770
I no longer post these kinds of things. Too many lurkers.
post #4352 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Did not see any Lindricks/Marlows/Darltons, but I was only checking 8.5s and 9s.
They did have a lot of Polo loafers though. I think these are the Rancourt ones. They had some pennys, suede tassels, and beef rolls with the American flag where the bit goes. All $160.

These have been hanging out on ebay for a while (posted earlier in this thread, at least the penny beefrolls) for half that.
I bought a set a couple months ago and thought the vamp was *really* low and decided I had to return them.
post #4353 of 5770

J Press is having an online three day sale (Sept 21-23) with a lot 50-70% off: http://jpressonline.com/sale2.php

post #4354 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC View Post

I no longer post these kinds of things. Too many lurkers.

The few ruin it for the rest. Let the rest of us drink from the sartorial well too... plain.gif
post #4355 of 5770
This is ridiculous. People have the right to buy whatever they want, and resell whatever they want. They got their first, and now people outside of that area can benefit from their work. Presumably this stuff will land on eBay or where ever. Anyone who got there early would have been smart to do the same thing. Don't feel entitled to take the moral high ground just because you didn't wake up early enough or happen to stumble upon a deal.

I take enough from this forum that I would be happy to share whatever deals I find. Assuming it's not a chance to buy 40 pairs of RL Lindericks that could finance a trip to Naples and a couple of Rubinacci suits.
post #4356 of 5770
If the outcome of every PSA ended like this, I would not feel encouraged to post. I usually post so that another humble SFer can get a great deal, just like I did. It would be beyond me to hoard a sale. Just my thoughts on the matter. I do not sell goods, so I cannot comment of that perspective.
post #4357 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

J Press is having an online three day sale (Sept 21-23) with a lot 50-70% off: http://jpressonline.com/sale2.php

 

Thanks! Mostly dreck, but nice deal on Armor Lux L/S Shirts in Navy and Natural, only size is (L) $33 - http://www.jpressonline.com/sale_shirts_detail.php?id=1529Q_429

http://www.jpressonline.com/sale_shirts_detail.php?id=1529Q_395

post #4358 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

This is ridiculous. People have the right to buy whatever they want, and resell whatever they want. They got their first, and now people outside of that area can benefit from their work. Presumably this stuff will land on eBay or where ever. Anyone who got there early would have been smart to do the same thing. Don't feel entitled to take the moral high ground just because you didn't wake up early enough or happen to stumble upon a deal.
I take enough from this forum that I would be happy to share whatever deals I find. Assuming it's not a chance to buy 40 pairs of RL Lindericks that could finance a trip to Naples and a couple of Rubinacci suits.

I agree with your point entirely. The distinction that needs to be made - and i think what is causing the uproar-is that a SFer posted a great PSA for others to enjoy and instead a single person swooped in and cleaned house. I'm assuming that of all of the people who read this public service announcement, just a single person benefited by buying an entire inventory. This kind of behavior will hurt an already slow thread
post #4359 of 5770
get opportunistic or get burnt!

What are your views on scalpers? This is essentially what it is. IMO it doesn't add value to society.
post #4360 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

This is ridiculous. People have the right to buy whatever they want, and resell whatever they want. They got their first, and now people outside of that area can benefit from their work. Presumably this stuff will land on eBay or where ever. Anyone who got there early would have been smart to do the same thing. Don't feel entitled to take the moral high ground just because you didn't wake up early enough or happen to stumble upon a deal.
I take enough from this forum that I would be happy to share whatever deals I find. Assuming it's not a chance to buy 40 pairs of RL Lindericks that could finance a trip to Naples and a couple of Rubinacci suits.

 

The only way I agee with your point is if the individual learned of the sale of his own accord.  If it was someone who learned about it on the "Public Service Announcement" thread and then swooped in to clean house (40 pairs of shoes!!!) so that no one else could enjoy the benefit, they simply suck as a person.  And, no, I do not live in New York, and had no intent to pick up a pair.

post #4361 of 5770
So we're bitching about informed capitalism now? Life's not fair. Get over it. Someone will always be more opportunistic or have more capital. How the world works. Additionally, it's pretty self-centered to think that the only way someone could have learned of this sale is via SF. It's even more self-centered to feel like you were robbed by not being able to take advantage.

Events like this should in no way stop people from posting PSAs.
post #4362 of 5770
We don't even know that the person who swooped in read it here.

The kinds of resellers who buy 40 pairs of $300 shoes at a time are probably not opportunistic...they are rotating between these types of stores actively looking for deals.

If I saw a bunch of cheap incotex, I might buy a few extra pairs to sell on SF (mostly to spread the love since most people don't live near the sources of these sales) but we are talking about like a $150-300 expenditure. This guy bought like 12 grand worth of shoes; people in that situation don't wait for someone to post on the SF PSA thread.
post #4363 of 5770
For everyone's peace of mind, I can assure you that there was only one (1) pair of RL Lindrick boots left in the store as of approx 8:00 pm last night, before I posted. It was the last pair that they had in stock. It was the pair that had one shoe displayed in the store window. I know this, because I brought my friend to C21 for the sole purpose of buying a pair, but there were no others. Since the size 10 did not fit him, we walked up and down the aisles searching 9's and 9 1/2's, but there were none to be had. However, the Zegna's are another story. I walked through the store about 1/2 hour ago and saw that the entire stock of the Couture XXX line was gone.
post #4364 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

I agree with your point entirely. The distinction that needs to be made - and i think what is causing the uproar-is that a SFer posted a great PSA for others to enjoy and instead a single person swooped in and cleaned house. I'm assuming that of all of the people who read this public service announcement, just a single person benefited by buying an entire inventory. This kind of behavior will hurt an already slow thread

I mean, isn't this what happened with the Incotex/ Mabitex drives that used to happen on here? Someone buys a bunch, and then posts on here "Mabis and Incos at Daffys." Then two or three people on here basically buy all the good stock, and flip it on here for 2x, sometimes 3x, the price? Nobody bitched about that because they could still get their Mabis and Incos. People here are just hurt because they haven't been able to get the deal. Judging just the behavior though (of scooping up tons of stock for resale), there's nothing different between the two behaviors.

And really, as the other posters said, we don't know if the person picked up the notice here. People on StyleForum - as great and wonderful as this forum is - often get way to caught up in the idea that everything style related happens on here (as evidenced by people taking anything posted on here as truth).

Edit: looks like NYCESQ already clarified the issue. But still, this issue came up recently with people complaining about resellers swooping up everything at the Drake's and EG sale. I think it's ridiculous.

Kudos to the person who bought the stock. I hope people can buy $1,100 boots from you for even 50-75% of the price. Even that would be a deal.
post #4365 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I mean, isn't this what happened with the Incotex/ Mabitex drives that used to happen on here? Someone buys a bunch, and then posts on here "Mabis and Incos at Daffys." Then two or three people on here basically buy all the good stock, and flip it on here for 2x, sometimes 3x, the price? Nobody bitched about that because they could still get their Mabis and Incos. People here are just hurt because they haven't been able to get the deal. Judging just the behavior though (of scooping up tons of stock for resale), there's nothing different between the two behaviors.
And really, as the other posters said, we don't know if the person picked up the notice here. People on StyleForum - as great and wonderful as this forum is - often get way to caught up in the idea that everything style related happens on here (as evidenced by people taking anything posted on here as truth).
Edit: looks like NYCESQ already clarified the issue. But still, this issue came up recently with people complaining about resellers swooping up everything at the Drake's and EG sale. I think it's ridiculous.
Kudos to the person who bought the stock. I hope people can buy $1,100 boots from you for even 50-75% of the price. Even that would be a deal.

And thus, fewer PSAs are posted, and everyone suffers.

Why let SF know? It's not going to benefit many people, just a couple people before the asshats get there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread