or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Events and PSA thread - Page 288

post #4306 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

^ I agree, someone needs to let me know where I can find EGs and C&Js on sale... plain.gif
what size are you?
post #4307 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


what size are you?


Well, I am also looking for shoes. I am a size US 7.

post #4308 of 5713
Unconfirmed, as i need wide sizes. Not many options in Florida to try them on. frown.gif
post #4309 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

^ I agree, someone needs to let me know where I can find EGs and C&Js on sale... plain.gif

Jubei, you may already know this, but three sources:

Brooks Brothers - some of the Peal shoes are C&J, and now they carry EG (gotta be careful with Peal these days, as more are coming from Loake)
Barneys - C&J
Malford of London - he's an SF member (and a great guy) and has C&J, EG, and JL on sale. http://www.malfordoflondon.com

Of course, it will be hit or miss what is available and on sale at any one time. Brooks seems to have a lot less Peal at deep discount than in the past, although they often have the 25% off sale. I think Barney's does semi-annual sales, and when they do, they have great deals. There's a gent here who works in the Scottsdale store that posts on the C&J thread when sales are coming up, and you can see from current stock the pool of shoes that could end up on sale at end of season.

You should be able to try on some in a Brooks store near you (don't know if you have Barney's). And all three have good return policies, although Malford is international.

I love C&J and buy them opportunistically when I can.
post #4310 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Jubei, you may already know this, but three sources:
Brooks Brothers - some of the Peal shoes are C&J, and now they carry EG (gotta be careful with Peal these days, as more are coming from Loake)
Barneys - C&J
Malford of London - he's an SF member (and a great guy) and has C&J, EG, and JL on sale. http://www.malfordoflondon.com
Of course, it will be hit or miss what is available and on sale at any one time. Brooks seems to have a lot less Peal at deep discount than in the past, although they often have the 25% off sale. I think Barney's does semi-annual sales, and when they do, they have great deals. There's a gent here who works in the Scottsdale store that posts on the C&J thread when sales are coming up, and you can see from current stock the pool of shoes that could end up on sale at end of season.
You should be able to try on some in a Brooks store near you (don't know if you have Barney's). And all three have good return policies, although Malford is international.
I love C&J and buy them opportunistically when I can.
what size are you?
post #4311 of 5713
thinkderm i am 10.5? any ideas for me?
post #4312 of 5713
Rider Boots on sale at Franco's (of Richmond, VA). Looks to be 30 - 40+% off. Common sizes available. Even have a navy shell chukka and a #6 shell bal boot. Don't know when it started or when it shall end.

Speaking of Rider Boot there are a half dozen models on sale at the headquarters, including boots in walnut shell and gunmetal shell. Significant discounts here too.
Edited by curzon - 9/11/12 at 6:12pm
post #4313 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon View Post

Rider Boots on sale at Franco's (of Richmond, VA). Looks to be 30 - 40+% off. Common sizes available. Even have a navy shell chukka and a #6 shell bal boot. Don't know when it started or when it shall end.
great PSA!
post #4314 of 5713
fucking shit, shell sizes stop at US11
post #4315 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

fucking shit, shell sizes stop at US11

You 11.5? Bad luck there. Perhaps give the gunmetal shell at 11 a try, and if it doesn't work out you can unload 'em. I reckon it ought to be easy enough; how often does one see gunmetal shell?
post #4316 of 5713
US12. the walnut shell and gunmetal look great. thanks for the rider boot psa
post #4317 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

fucking shit, shell sizes stop at US11

this doesnt bode well for my wallet
post #4318 of 5713
Maybe not the best thread for this, but there is an eBay seller who has lots of Barbour stuff (including Tokito / Heritage lines) for pretty reasonable prices. Seller's handle on eBay is eli*nor (no affiliation). I got a Barbour Tokito lined jacket for $210 + shipping. I was looking at this same jacket last year for $800. Variety of sizes. Stuff does not seem to be factory seconds or anything (I wore it out in heavy rain and no problems whatsoever). Good pickups for the fall. I think the buyer is based in Maine, so maybe flipping stuff from the factory store up there? I dunno.
post #4319 of 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepitm View Post

Maybe not the best thread for this, but there is an eBay seller who has lots of Barbour stuff (including Tokito / Heritage lines) for pretty reasonable prices. Seller's handle on eBay is eli*nor (no affiliation). I got a Barbour Tokito lined jacket for $210 + shipping. I was looking at this same jacket last year for $800. Variety of sizes. Stuff does not seem to be factory seconds or anything (I wore it out in heavy rain and no problems whatsoever). Good pickups for the fall. I think the buyer is based in Maine, so maybe flipping stuff from the factory store up there? I dunno.

Good deal.
post #4320 of 5713

Do these Ron Rider Boots run TTS?  Thanks, never tried on a pair..  they look very well built tho..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread