or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Events and PSA thread - Page 214

post #3196 of 5662
it usually is. btw, the Saks in SF is having some great deals right now. A lot of nice SF approved designer threads, both SF and MC at 75% off. Would have kopped a shirt or two but my booze budget blew a hole in the wallet
post #3197 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

it usually is. btw, the Saks in SF is having some great deals right now. A lot of nice SF approved designer threads, both SF and MC at 75% off. Would have kopped a shirt or two but my booze budget blew a hole in the wallet

Hmm, so Saks has now moved up to 75% off? I was in the ATL Saks last week and everything was still hovering at 50% off. Not bad, but I knew I could do better.

Also, does anyone know when the NM Last Call (75%+ off) sale will start? NM in ATL has some UNBELIEVABLE stuff on sale but, again, 50% off is still less than ideal with a lot of the things I'm eying.
post #3198 of 5662
Yeah, my visits to marshalls/tjmaxx always suck.

I think I need to apply Spoo's B&T theory to my area too...I don't think the urban locations get the cool shit. I gotta go to Marshalls in the well off suburbs (like out where antirabbit's crazy thrift finds always come from) where they cater to suburban housewives who are always on the lookout for a deal. Too bad I don't own a car...maybe when the weather gets nicer (but you can't buy too much stuff on a motorcycle or bicycle)
post #3199 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


sounds like a good night icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I am glad someone understood that.
post #3200 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

it usually is. btw, the Saks in SF is having some great deals right now. A lot of nice SF approved designer threads, both SF and MC at 75% off. Would have kopped a shirt or two but my booze budget blew a hole in the wallet

ahahah, i remember those days dropping a couple of bills on alcohol, i smartened up now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonneker View Post

I am glad someone understood that.

oh come on, he spoke alcohol everyone understands
post #3201 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Yeah, my visits to marshalls/tjmaxx always suck.
I think I need to apply Spoo's B&T theory to my area too...I don't think the urban locations get the cool shit. I gotta go to Marshalls in the well off suburbs (like out where antirabbit's crazy thrift finds always come from) where they cater to suburban housewives who are always on the lookout for a deal. Too bad I don't own a car...maybe when the weather gets nicer (but you can't buy too much stuff on a motorcycle or bicycle)

I think I spoke too soon. Needed a new pair of athletic pants today and before going into sports authority, I decided to check the racks at my local marshalls (not downtown but still well within chicago city limits). Found some nice pants...and had to check through the other stuff.

Must have recently got a bunch of year-end items in because I found all sorts of cool shit that I have never seen in this location before. There were some zegna sportcoats (still too rich for my blood) and a bunch of nice sweaters (most of which didn't fit me, but there was a cuccinelle and a corneliani and others), some RLBL and RLPL shirts (but $450 for a $1200 shirt isn't really doable for me either).
In the cookware section there were a lot of Le Creuset seconds. One teapot had actual damage but I couldn't really tell the problem on the cast iron stuff and $149 for a mild cosmetic blip on a 5qt french oven seems like a great deal. No All-Clad but some pretty nice calphalon tri-ply and hard anodized stuff.
No super awesome finds (or ridiculous ties) but I did pick up a pair of sweaters:


All Saints cashmere cardigan in a forest green.
263
Made in china but it feels like good stuff and I like it so I think I am keeping it (unless someone chimes in with a reason not to) since $79 doesn't seem like a bad price.

Gray shawl neck pullover.
263
Less sure about this guy...wanted to bring it home to do research but it might get returned. I like the sweater itself and the $69 price isn't bad but I have never heard of Glen Lyon or Paolo Mondo. Anyone know anything about this. My google searches turn up a bunch of ebay results (though most are more than $69) so I think it is probably some fake itialian sounding brand maybe made specifically for outlets.
I think it fits and looks good, but can anyone speak toward the garmet quality? I don't want to keep it if it is not going to last past this season and I am sort of skeptical of cheap cashmere from china.
post #3202 of 5662
^Which Marshall if I may ask?
I've heard the Marshall @ Schaumburg has some good stuff, but I've never got a chance to check it out.
post #3203 of 5662
post #3204 of 5662
Tony The Tailor will be holding a Winter Trunkshow at the Hyatt House in Herndon, VA January 6th & 7th. For more details email info@bestmastertailor.com
post #3205 of 5662

Some nice pairs of Trickers at STP for 35% off their sale price - roughly about half off the retail price.

 

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s/trickers/

 

Use code EB010312A at checkout.

 

 

post #3206 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by eztantz View Post

Some nice pairs of Trickers at STP for 35% off their sale price - roughly about half off the retail price.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s/trickers/

Use code EB010312A at checkout.


total = $341.92 for buford, not bad
post #3207 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by eztantz View Post

Some nice pairs of Trickers at STP for 35% off their sale price - roughly about half off the retail price.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s/trickers/

Use code EB010312A at checkout.


I have seen them 40% in the last month or two-- the discounts code (and %) changes every couple of days. Sizes are hit and miss at this point.
post #3208 of 5662
Crocket and Jones Plain Toe Chukka for $259. Lucky size 9.5!
http://www.barneys.com/Plain-Toe-Chukka/501262310,default,pd.html?cgid=SALE04
post #3209 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

I have seen them 40% in the last month or two-- the discounts code (and %) changes every couple of days. Sizes are hit and miss at this point.

+1. I got my pair for $292ish
post #3210 of 5662
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eztantz View Post

Some nice pairs of Trickers at STP for 35% off their sale price - roughly about half off the retail price.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s/trickers/

Use code EB010312A at checkout.


I have seen them 40% in the last month or two-- the discounts code (and %) changes every couple of days. Sizes are hit and miss at this point.

At this point they may also go on sale shortly and you can apply the code as well. I picked up my faux Stowes for around $240 last February.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread