Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Events and PSA thread - Page 195post #2911 of 591311/22/11 at 6:12pmNM Last Call has a "40% off Everything" sale going on right now. Some good deals to be had. The one in Auburn Hills, MI had a few Incotex trousers for about $95 that I picked up. Also picked up a Tom Ford polo I rather liked for about the same. Obviously, results will vary from location to location.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2912 of 591311/22/11 at 7:35pmpost #2913 of 591311/22/11 at 9:31pmpost #2914 of 591311/23/11 at 3:29amGot an email on the RL Holiday weekend Event (extra 25%). Didnt find anything that I wanted to buy. Came across this and thought I would pass it on - it is not the RLBL/RLPL, but is a Regent with MoP.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11883912&fbn=Division|Men|See+All&s=A-StorePrice-POLO&pg=1&f=PAD%2FDivision%2FMen&kw=mother+of+pearl&parentPage=searchpost #2915 of 591311/23/11 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by acrackl
Got an email on the RL Holiday weekend Event (extra 25%). Didnt find anything that I wanted to buy. Came across this and thought I would pass it on - it is not the RLBL/RLPL, but is a Regent with MoP.
Do these still have that pony on front?post #2916 of 591311/23/11 at 6:51ampost #2917 of 591311/23/11 at 8:44ampost #2918 of 591311/23/11 at 8:45ampost #2919 of 591311/23/11 at 9:06am
I don't check this thread regularly, and they may be more SW&D than MC, but Amazon has 70% off Jil Sander (yeah, Jil Sander, go figure how it's ended up on Amazon):
Would be pretty cool for a summer outfit. Haven't checked whether they're on Amazon.com for cheaper rather than co.ukpost #2920 of 591311/23/11 at 9:33ampost #2921 of 591311/23/11 at 11:05ampost #2922 of 591311/23/11 at 11:47ampost #2923 of 591311/23/11 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by swiego
NM Last Call has a "40% off Everything" sale going on right now. Some good deals to be had. The one in Auburn Hills, MI had a few Incotex trousers for about $95 that I picked up. Also picked up a Tom Ford polo I rather liked for about the same. Obviously, results will vary from location to location.
The one by me had (key word is 'had') some various Piana cotton ($75) and linen ($77) pants and nice fall Brioni ($42), Isaia ($35) and Bizzochi ($27) ties. Also picked up some just put on the floor (aka unhandled) possibly made just for Last Call cashmere sweaters. For some reason some were on the clearance rack and I felt compelled to grab some for $35 (made in China but nice hand) and $65 (thick made in Scotland) Good value for the $. YMMV.post #2924 of 591311/23/11 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dewey
fyi: got in on a similar deal last year for a a pair of the Derby Boots in Coffee. I don't remember them being listed as "hand made" so these might be an upgrade (or just spin). Regardless, I often repeat that I'm a 10.5+ (like a 10.6 in my left foot and a 10.7 or more in the right) - I got 10.5's in these and they fit just a tad large, which makes them great with heavier socks. I'll also add that the pics make them appear a bit more elegant than they really are - they really are much more "country" than the pics suggest. I'll also point out that a number of people, myself included, found that some of the grain on some pieces weren't harmonious - it's tough to describe but when viewed from certain angles, a piece on one boot would appear lighter or darker than the corresponding piece on the other boot. For some people it was a deal killer - on mine it was only minimally present in the lower rear heel portion so it didn't bug me.
I'll also add that when I initially opened the box, I was very disappointed - the shipped finish/polish was minimal to none, so they didn't at all look like the photos out of the box. It looks like there's a "burnished" color version this year - maybe that's better initially. Still, if you get one fo the "plain" colors, take heart! Some saphir, some wear to get some gentle creases going, and some darker polish (to get a little color variation) has improved them 10 fold. Yes, side by side my new Lindricks put them to shame, but at 1/3 the price and as a pair of boots I don't mind slogging in rough weather with, they're worth it.
ps - I think last year's haul was more like $250 with a code - but I think that was after the holidays.
Hope this helps someone!
- Official Events and PSA thread
- The Current State of Americana
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan