Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:58 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Events and PSA thread - Page 195post #2911 of 602311/22/11 at 6:12pmNM Last Call has a "40% off Everything" sale going on right now. Some good deals to be had. The one in Auburn Hills, MI had a few Incotex trousers for about $95 that I picked up. Also picked up a Tom Ford polo I rather liked for about the same. Obviously, results will vary from location to location.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2912 of 602311/22/11 at 7:35pmpost #2913 of 602311/22/11 at 9:31pmpost #2914 of 602311/23/11 at 3:29amGot an email on the RL Holiday weekend Event (extra 25%). Didnt find anything that I wanted to buy. Came across this and thought I would pass it on - it is not the RLBL/RLPL, but is a Regent with MoP.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11883912&fbn=Division|Men|See+All&s=A-StorePrice-POLO&pg=1&f=PAD%2FDivision%2FMen&kw=mother+of+pearl&parentPage=searchpost #2915 of 602311/23/11 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by acrackl
Got an email on the RL Holiday weekend Event (extra 25%). Didnt find anything that I wanted to buy. Came across this and thought I would pass it on - it is not the RLBL/RLPL, but is a Regent with MoP.
Do these still have that pony on front?post #2916 of 602311/23/11 at 6:51ampost #2917 of 602311/23/11 at 8:44ampost #2918 of 602311/23/11 at 8:45ampost #2919 of 602311/23/11 at 9:06am
I don't check this thread regularly, and they may be more SW&D than MC, but Amazon has 70% off Jil Sander (yeah, Jil Sander, go figure how it's ended up on Amazon):
Would be pretty cool for a summer outfit. Haven't checked whether they're on Amazon.com for cheaper rather than co.ukpost #2920 of 602311/23/11 at 9:33ampost #2921 of 602311/23/11 at 11:05ampost #2922 of 602311/23/11 at 11:47ampost #2923 of 602311/23/11 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by swiego
NM Last Call has a "40% off Everything" sale going on right now. Some good deals to be had. The one in Auburn Hills, MI had a few Incotex trousers for about $95 that I picked up. Also picked up a Tom Ford polo I rather liked for about the same. Obviously, results will vary from location to location.
The one by me had (key word is 'had') some various Piana cotton ($75) and linen ($77) pants and nice fall Brioni ($42), Isaia ($35) and Bizzochi ($27) ties. Also picked up some just put on the floor (aka unhandled) possibly made just for Last Call cashmere sweaters. For some reason some were on the clearance rack and I felt compelled to grab some for $35 (made in China but nice hand) and $65 (thick made in Scotland) Good value for the $. YMMV.post #2924 of 602311/23/11 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dewey
fyi: got in on a similar deal last year for a a pair of the Derby Boots in Coffee. I don't remember them being listed as "hand made" so these might be an upgrade (or just spin). Regardless, I often repeat that I'm a 10.5+ (like a 10.6 in my left foot and a 10.7 or more in the right) - I got 10.5's in these and they fit just a tad large, which makes them great with heavier socks. I'll also add that the pics make them appear a bit more elegant than they really are - they really are much more "country" than the pics suggest. I'll also point out that a number of people, myself included, found that some of the grain on some pieces weren't harmonious - it's tough to describe but when viewed from certain angles, a piece on one boot would appear lighter or darker than the corresponding piece on the other boot. For some people it was a deal killer - on mine it was only minimally present in the lower rear heel portion so it didn't bug me.
I'll also add that when I initially opened the box, I was very disappointed - the shipped finish/polish was minimal to none, so they didn't at all look like the photos out of the box. It looks like there's a "burnished" color version this year - maybe that's better initially. Still, if you get one fo the "plain" colors, take heart! Some saphir, some wear to get some gentle creases going, and some darker polish (to get a little color variation) has improved them 10 fold. Yes, side by side my new Lindricks put them to shame, but at 1/3 the price and as a pair of boots I don't mind slogging in rough weather with, they're worth it.
ps - I think last year's haul was more like $250 with a code - but I think that was after the holidays.
Hope this helps someone!
- Official Events and PSA thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 27 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 44 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › Visvim Social Sculpture Jeans 01 Fit Level 10 wash sz 30 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...