or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Events and PSA thread - Page 148

post #2206 of 5710
Gap has a bunch of casual socks on final sale for 99 cents.
Argyles, stripes, solids,... They are 80% cotton with poly. and spandex. After the first wash they shrunk a little, but are still more than wearable. A good deal IMO.

Edit- IME I have noticed that many Gap sales are pretty random. Your store might not have a big selection. So don't make a trip, just check in if you are by a Gap store.
post #2207 of 5710
Not sure if there is interest in these type/brand of shoes, but I hadn't been to an Saks Off 5th in a while, and was by one today so stopped in.

Came across these in the Shoe area; really blown away by the original price. Still expensive at discounted price, but man over 3K for shoes, that's expensive.

Anyway, both shoes are by Kiton.

Kiton Olive Suede Chukka, tagged size 8 (don't know anything about there sizing) Shows original price as $3,495.00, selling for $1,667.99. I believe they have a 30% off any one item coupon now, so that would make it $1,167.59. Still expensive, but not sure if that makes this shoe a good deal for some people.

Kiton Navy Suede Loafter, tagged size 9. Shows original price as $3,295.00, selling for $1,251.99. With 30% off coupon that would make it $876.39. Looks like this navy one had Kiton shoe tress in them, didn't notice any shoe trees with the olive chukkas.

Just thought I'd share this info for any of you MC guys who like this brand or might be interested. Might be worth checking out your local off 5th store. Anyway, hopefully this info is useful to someone.

Attached a few pics from Camera phone, so don't complain about quality!


post #2208 of 5710
You might want to mention *which* Saks Off Fifth.
post #2209 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmadigan View Post
Not sure if there is interest in these type/brand of shoes, but I hadn't been to an Saks Off 5th in a while, and was by one today so stopped in. Came across these in the Shoe area; really blown away by the original price. Still expensive at discounted price, but man over 3K for shoes, that's expensive. Anyway, both shoes are by Kiton. Kiton Olive Suede Chukka, tagged size 8 (don't know anything about there sizing) Shows original price as $3,495.00, selling for $1,667.99. I believe they have a 30% off any one item coupon now, so that would make it $1,167.59. Still expensive, but not sure if that makes this shoe a good deal for some people. Kiton Navy Suede Loafter, tagged size 9. Shows original price as $3,295.00, selling for $1,251.99. With 30% off coupon that would make it $876.39. Looks like this navy one had Kiton shoe tress in them, didn't notice any shoe trees with the olive chukkas. Just thought I'd share this info for any of you MC guys who like this brand or might be interested. Might be worth checking out your local off 5th store. Anyway, hopefully this info is useful to someone. Attached a few pics from Camera phone, so don't complain about quality!
You have no idea of the magnitude of what you've stumbled on to here. There are people salivating right now, and there will be a stampede to that Saks Off 5th as soon as you reveal which one it is!
post #2210 of 5710
^ haha Forgot to mention store location, OFF 5th in Minneapolis, MN
post #2211 of 5710
I should add that the shoes look perfect. Granted, I'm no expert and I believe the consensus is they are overpriced, but I'm thinking at the sale price they are a pretty good deal for them. The suede felt/looked amazing, perfect would be the best way to describe it. And just holding them they felt solid and very well made.
post #2212 of 5710
For 3k I can get 2 MTO G&Gs in stingray.
post #2213 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
For 3k I can get 2 MTO G&Gs in stingray.
post #2214 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
For 3k I can get 2 MTO G&Gs in stingray.

post #2215 of 5710
BB has their Friends and Family sale coming up. 25% off everything except cordovan/made to order.
post #2216 of 5710
If you sign up for an account, shirts at Thin Red Line are currently just over $20 apiece. These are pretty solid dress shirts, I'd say comparable to T.M. Lewin or another mid-range English shirt. They now offer a slim fit, which is sort of like Brooks' slim fit from what I understand, and two sleeve lengths. They've also softened their collar lining a bit, which was an issue I had with the last round I bought (I was pretty happy with the last round for the price I paid, despite that issue). I bought six, including shipping ($30) the total was $150.
post #2217 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post
If you sign up for an account, shirts at Thin Red Line are currently just over $20 apiece. These are pretty solid dress shirts, I'd say comparable to T.M. Lewin or another mid-range English shirt. They now offer a slim fit, which is sort of like Brooks' slim fit from what I understand, and two sleeve lengths. They've also softened their collar lining a bit, which was an issue I had with the last round I bought (I was pretty happy with the last round for the price I paid, despite that issue). I bought six, including shipping ($30) the total was $150.

..
post #2218 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post
If you sign up for an account, shirts at Thin Red Line are currently just over $20 apiece. These are pretty solid dress shirts, I'd say comparable to T.M. Lewin or another mid-range English shirt. They now offer a slim fit, which is sort of like Brooks' slim fit from what I understand, and two sleeve lengths. They've also softened their collar lining a bit, which was an issue I had with the last round I bought (I was pretty happy with the last round for the price I paid, despite that issue). I bought six, including shipping ($30) the total was $150.

To be honest even the slim fit looks to be rather large.
post #2219 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post
To be honest even the slim fit looks to be rather large.

Depends on your standards. They're definitely not Barba. I wouldn't recommend them for skinny guys who want a very slim fit.
post #2220 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post
Depends on your standards. They're definitely not Barba. I wouldn't recommend them for skinny guys who want a very slim fit.

I see. I re-read your post, do you have any BB slim fit/extra slim fit shirts to compare? If they were even close it would be a great deal!

I'm definitely not skinny, but then again I'm not a fatty either. I used to play football in college so I guess I would consider myself "athletic" cut. But BB ESF shirts work pretty well for me, so if I can find a cheaper alternative with a similar cut I would be a very happy man
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread