or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Events and PSA thread - Page 14

post #196 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
One man's drapes are another man's carpets, so sayeth the prophet.

As long as they match-- unlike tie and pocket square.
post #197 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Anyone go today?


Yes. I saw the carcass of Portnoy's commission rolled up on the floor.
post #198 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post
Yes. I saw the carcass of Portnoy's commission rolled up on the floor.

and what about you?
post #199 of 5818
My carcass was not rolled up on the floor.

The drapes were most interesting, however.

FWIW, the younger Solito favors a much more sculpted jacket than his father, if photos are to be believed. We'll see how that translates to what they do for me.
post #200 of 5818
I came, I saw, I ordered.... 2 sport coats from Solito made from the Hardy Alsport tweed lengths I recently secured with matching trousers from Ambrosi. Ambrosi is also making me a pair of vicuna colored wool flannels and a dense cotton moleskin in dark goldenrod. The guys were great to work with and first fitting are only about a month away.
post #201 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
I came, I saw, I ordered....

2 sport coats from Solito made from the Hardy Alsport tweed lengths I recently secured with matching trousers from Ambrosi. Ambrosi is also making me a pair of vicuna colored wool flannels and a dense cotton moleskin in dark goldenrod.

The guys were great to work with and first fitting are only about a month away.

Very nice - what was your impression of Solito's cut? Drapey as shown in the old photograph or lean like Matt suggested?
post #202 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Very nice - what was your impression of Solito's cut? Drapey as shown in the old photograph or lean like Matt suggested?

Definitely soft tailoring but not what I would drapey, much more as Matt described. It will be interesting to see how the tweed takes to his cutting style.

If this works out, the value is exceptional.
post #203 of 5818
How were the Cappelli tie fabrics?
post #204 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc View Post
How were the Cappelli tie fabrics?

Lovely, I could have happily picked a dozen or more.
post #205 of 5818
What were the prices for hauling in your own fabric?


- B
post #206 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
What were the prices for hauling in your own fabric?


- B

$2,400 for a suit, $1,800 for a sportcoat
post #207 of 5818
The Cappelli silks were awesome. Some of the best I have ever seen.
post #208 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
The Cappelli silks were awesome. Some of the best I have ever seen.

How much for a tie?
post #209 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
How much for a tie?

$150.
post #210 of 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
How much for a tie?

$150
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official Events and PSA thread