or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Please help me lose 20 lbs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please help me lose 20 lbs - Page 21

post #301 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
this time i am concentrating a lot on my core: lower back exercises, lower abs, tranverse abdominals (suction/vacuum exercises yoga type) , kegels (yes, good for men too).



onset of midlife crisis, sho?
post #302 of 316
these threads are always so depressing. the solution is so simple, but people find it so hard to believe because everyone else is brainwashed by the industry into believing it's complicated and you need their XYZ product and ABC service to help you lose fat and/or build muscle, and worse, if you don't buy their products and services, you will reverse your progress (fear of loss, anyone?). really sad. part of it is propaganda and brilliant marketing; the other part is the general naivety of people.
post #303 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe View Post
these threads are always so depressing. the solution is so simple, but people find it so hard to believe because everyone else is brainwashed by the industry into believing it's complicated and you need their XYZ product and ABC service to help you lose fat and/or build muscle, and worse, if you don't buy their products and services, you will reverse your progress (fear of loss, anyone?). really sad.

part of it is propaganda and brilliant marketing; the other part is the general naivety of people.

Most marketing wants you to believe it's complicated?? Really? Most of the marketing I can think of would have you believe it's simple.
post #304 of 316
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig View Post


onset of midlife crisis, sho?

haha yeah i guess. try the kegels though it's been working. honestly, it has helped in overall hardness and control. like natural viagra.
post #305 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsu View Post
Drink plenty water and do regularly exercise like Running, Cycling and Swimming. Swimming is best exercise to reduce weight. Make proper plan for diet. And use vegetable food, like Salad, Banana, Fruit juices, take healthy food not fatty or junk food.

Good.

I'd add play some tennis or basketball,. Lift weights about 3 days a week, and combine that with 5-6 days of running on the treadmill or outside. Eat a well balance diet and the weight will come off gradually and you'll feel so much fitter. The clothes will fit better and that's a beautiful feeling!
post #306 of 316
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
I'm afraid to weigh myself. I did get down to 191 about a month ago. But I took a few steps back recently and I wouldn't be surprised if I was pushing 198 now.

well, that was me above, back in 0ct09-apr10.


today right now i weight approx 168-169 lbs.

ive definitely lost a lot of weight and i look pretty good. have nothing hanging off of me and i have a nice washboard looking abdomen.
but now im going for some cuts. i want to get ripped without looking big. get some vascularity and perhaps push to 159-160 and get chiseled. i know that kind of look is not sustainable and is only for bb who are in competition season, but i want to try it.
post #307 of 316
If you had to give a quick run down as to what worked for you, would it look something like this? reduced simple carbs no eating after 9pm veggies, veggies, veggies cardio/weight training at least 3-4 times a week
post #308 of 316
Really, if you do any kind of physical exercise that causes you to work up a sweat 5 days a week, and you don't eat like a jackass, you're going to lose weight/get fit. On cardio days, that means getting to the point (frequently) where you have to slow down to catch your breath, and on weightlifting days, that means lifting heavy enough weights to struggle with the last few reps. It really is that simple.
post #309 of 316
Run a 500 calorie deficit under your TDEE, eat about 1-1.5g/lb of protein and have a resonable mix of lifting and cardio 3-5 times a week and you will lose weight. And more importantly, you will lose FAT, not muscle. In most cases, people have a hard time losing weight because they eat too many calories. There's no substitute to counting calories and making sure you run a deficit in this game.
post #310 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
In most cases, people have a hard time losing weight because they eat too many calories. There's no substitute to counting calories and making sure you run a deficit in this game.

Because this is easier said than done, two recommendations here:

1) Eat fat - not a lot, but when you're hungry, fat makes you feel full, even if you don't eat much of it. Flax oil in your protein shake, peanut butter on wheat, etc.

2) Learn to stop eating before feeling full.
post #311 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Because this is easier said than done, two recommendations here:

1) Eat fat - not a lot, but when you're hungry, fat makes you feel full, even if you don't eat much of it. Flax oil in your protein shake, peanut butter on wheat, etc.

2) Learn to stop eating before feeling full.

IMO, it is hard to get started but it gets a lot easier once get a feel for it. I now rarely enter things down - I pretty much know to within about 100 calories what I have eaten for the day.
post #312 of 316
Easy. Give up wheat, sugar, and eat more fat. You will lose 20 in 4 weeks. Guaranteed.

Read this site:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
post #313 of 316
take your bicycle and start to ride, 4-5 times the week, each time 3-4h (spend less time in internet, for dinner only salad. I lost 20kg in 11month.
post #314 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
well, that was me above, back in 0ct09-apr10.


today right now i weight approx 168-169 lbs.

ive definitely lost a lot of weight and i look pretty good. have nothing hanging off of me and i have a nice washboard looking abdomen.
but now im going for some cuts. i want to get ripped without looking big. get some vascularity and perhaps push to 159-160 and get chiseled. i know that kind of look is not sustainable and is only for bb who are in competition season, but i want to try it.


nah that's fairly sustainable
post #315 of 316
Originally Posted by robertsu
Drink plenty water and do regularly exercise like Running, Cycling and Swimming. Swimming is best exercise to reduce weight. Make proper plan for diet. And use vegetable food, like Salad, Banana, Fruit juices, take healthy food not fatty or junk food.



The above advice is sound except in one slight regard. Swimming is not the best exercise to lose weight. True, it is good or great cardiovascular work, and true it is easy on the joints because there is no pounding, but, the water acts like a heat sink. Meaning that your body's temperature doesn't rise as much as it would otherwise. An elevated body temperature is one of the signals your body uses for how much fat to store.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Please help me lose 20 lbs