• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First lunch date - pocket square?

Risque

Reaction score
I wear PS' a day or two a week in an office where suits are the requirement, but the ol' PS doesn't get much of a workout amongst the other males.

Going out for a lunch date (well, an undefined lunch) with a female coworker tomorrow, and wanted to hear thoughts on whether going the PS would be a good bet or not.

Ta
smile.gif

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Pro Tip: Use a sweaty white athletic sock instead.

WARNING: Get all your work for the day done before leaving. The two of you will not be returning to the office after lunch.

Risque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe Cool
Pro Tip: Use a sweaty white athletic sock instead.
I don't want her to think I'm a jock, Joe.

If it lasts all afternoon, I'm a lucky man. Will let y'all know how it ends up. If she likes the PS, I'll be sure to moan styleforum when things get to the next level.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Risque

If it lasts all afternoon, I'm a lucky man. Will let y'all know how it ends up. If she likes the PS, I'll be sure to moan styleforum when things get to the next level.

What is the intent of this date?

In other words, does she know that you are legitimately interested in her, or is there ANY chance at all she thinks this is just a "lunch between friends/coworkers?"

Because there's a big difference

Pocket square will only help in the latter case. Otherwise it's a distraction imo.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pics will be fine, thank you.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<-----Monkey wrench<---------

My lady hates pocket squares. She insists that I do not wear them when I'm out with her (unless we're at a formal function).

her justification/reasoning is that guys look like they're trying to hard when they rock the PS. And the worst thing in the world is a guy who trys *too* hard. In fact at a recent group outing all her slut faced *single* friends thought it was a hoot to point out my "gay" tendencies like pocket square wearing and love for ******** with men.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
<-----Monkey wrench<---------

My lady hates pocket squares. She insists that I do not wear them when I'm out with her (unles we;re at a formal funtion)

her justificatin/reasoning is that guys look like they're trying to hard when they rock the PS. And the worst thing in the world is a guy who trys *too* hard.

There are two other "worse" things in the world:
-Guys who wear PSs to formal events;
-And guys who take marching orders on men's style from women.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
There are two other "worse" things in the world:
-Guys who wear PSs to formal events;
-And guys who take marching orders on men's style from women.

So you attend Black Tie events without a PS?

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
There are two other "worse" things in the world: -Guys who wear PSs to formal events; -And guys who take marching orders on men's style from women.
gotcha, thanks. you must be a) single, or b) a redneck.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PS is ideal for these types of situations...common courtesy is for you to hand it to her to clean herself up after you finish your "date"
devil.gif

IBJanky

Reaction score
I wear PS' a day or two a week in an office where suits are the requirement, but the ol' PS doesn't get much of a workout amongst the other males.

Going out for a lunch date (well, an undefined lunch) with a female coworker tomorrow, and wanted to hear thoughts on whether going the PS would be a good bet or not.

Ta
smile.gif

Absofrikkinlutely...

Never waste an opportunity to look your best!

myke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads