or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Seriously, wtf? (Rude salesman)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Seriously, wtf? (Rude salesman)

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
I head into a store on 5th and ask the salesman if they happen to carry anything in a 38L drop 8. He says "You're a drop 8?" "I believe so" "Really?" "Uhh..." "You wear 30 pants?" "Well, I was just at Zegna and Isaia and.." "You look bigger than that" "Look, can you please just..." "We carry one, but I doubt it will fit you" So I try it on and he raises his eyebrows a bit and says "Oh, I guess you are a drop 8." Honestly, it fit really well, but the guy was such a douche that I made some excuse about it pulling oddly and just left. Seriously, wtf? Edited to speed up the post
post #2 of 26
post #3 of 26
this place is getting more retarded everyday


A. Unless this was a "you had to be there" situation, the guy did not sound like a douche.
B. Those "60% off Zegna/Canali" etc stores are typically BS in that they sell zegna cloth suits, not Zegna.
C. What is this incessant need that people now have to post on the internet every experience they have? If you wanted to warn others about douchy salesmen, you would have said the name of the store. The Saks/Zegna part of the story did not need to be so damn long.

The forum is not a personal blog.
post #4 of 26
uh....boring.
post #5 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
C. What is this incessant need that people now have to post on the internet every experience they have?

At least he didn't post about his revelatory first visit to sartorial mecca at a Brooks Brothers outlet store in a suburban strip mall.
post #6 of 26
Too lazy so [cool story bro pic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
this place is getting more retarded everyday


A. Unless this was a "you had to be there" situation, the guy did not sound like a douche.
B. Those "60% off Zegna/Canali" etc stores are typically BS in that they sell zegna cloth suits, not Zegna.
C. What is this incessant need that people now have to post on the internet every experience they have? If you wanted to warn others about douchy salesmen, you would have said the name of the store. The Saks/Zegna part of the story did not need to be so damn long.

The forum is not a personal blog.

It's not? Going to grab a cup of coffee brb.
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHecht View Post
Edited to speed up the post
The post now lacks all the context of the previous stops at Zegna and Isaia.
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Well said Mr Moo.
post #9 of 26
Great post. Would definitely read again.
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by [savage] View Post
Great post. Would definitely read again.

I just did.
post #11 of 26
maybe he couldn't bitch to his mom, so he had to bitch here.......
btw, where is the Isaia store in the city, is there one?
post #12 of 26
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

The forum is not a personal blog.

Have you ever mentioned this to Vox?
post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle View Post
maybe he couldn't bitch to his mom, so he had to bitch here.......
btw, where is the Isaia store in the city, is there one?
There's an outlet in saks.
post #15 of 26
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Seriously, wtf? (Rude salesman)