or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 66

post #976 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Its not bad but its Cayman leather, so its pretty bad.

And tail too, if I'm not mistaken. For what it's worth.
post #977 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post

Agree with DW on the SC model.......looks like they used 2 different sized skins if I had to guess. I'd say a 38-40 on the right and maybe 32 on the left. Far from hideous though....and a tricky pattern to lay out (along the belly as opposed to across the belly) and find a match. Especially if the client doesn't want to wait a year or so for the shop to find the right match. The pattern difference comes from laying the pattern on the left shoe much closer to the asshole than the right. If this was from a stock run, instead of a special, then they just had to mix and match as best they could. Which would explain the different sections of tail used on the facings.

It's odd, that...maybe just because I'm ordering for specific customers in very small lots, I never have that problem. I always ask that I be sent matched skins and that there is no splitting of the tile pattern (or, less desirable, both splitting similarly). I always cut my vamps lengthwise on the belly--vent to throat. I used to cut them "on the bias" but I never liked the look esp. after the shoe/boot was worn for a while.

I'm perhaps paying a small premium for custom selection but my supplier has never billed for it or said as much.

--
Edited by DWFII - 10/4/14 at 8:18am
post #978 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post

The pattern difference comes from laying the pattern on the left shoe much closer to the asshole than the right. If this was from a stock run, instead of a special, then they just had to mix and match as best they could. Which would explain the different sections of tail used on the facings.

This made my day! Let's say it like it is!
post #979 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

This made my day! Let's say it like it is!

I say this somewhat tongue in cheek...but reptiles don't have assholes, they have vents or perhaps cloacae. The vent serves as an all purpose orifice excreting the equivalent of urine as well as feces and as a passage for eggs. Like chickens.
post #980 of 990
SC




Edited by mr monty - 10/6/14 at 8:13pm
post #981 of 990
sc



post #982 of 990

I love the green chelseas

post #983 of 990
Monty, I don't know where you're getting all these pics but keep 'em comin!smile.gif
post #984 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

sc

Lovely colour design and bookmatching
post #985 of 990
Yeah, those loafers are sweet. Funny thing, I've only owned loafers and western boots in crocagator; never an oxford or dress boot. I like their aesthetics but I can't see myself wearing them.
post #986 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tried and True View Post

Yeah, those loafers are sweet. Funny thing, I've only owned loafers and western boots in crocagator; never an oxford or dress boot. I like their aesthetics but I can't see myself wearing them.

I'm the same..

Love the colour but I couldn't see me wearing them..
post #987 of 990
I don't own any crocs and I could only imagine myself wearing croc loafers, Chelsea's, and facing patch
post #988 of 990
20141014_183947_zps0wpxoncx.jpg
post #989 of 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

20141014_183947_zps0wpxoncx.jpg

Corthay sur mesure?
post #990 of 990
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes