Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- I have some black crocodile shoes. Anything I can buy to make them a lighter tan color? Last post on 11/22/12 at 6:42pm in Classic Menswear
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
- Fitting advice for my first pair of prestige John Lobb RTW Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 47
Styleforum Top Picks
Freccia Bestetti several times the cost of Mezlan exotic skin shoes
Mezlan at one time was making more alligator/crocodile footwear than anyone. To keep the prices low, they made use of bad skins? Believe it or not, they also produce a lot of styles that aren't pimp style. Have you noticed when Mezlan uses non-traditional styles and colors, we call them pimp shoes. But when high end shoemakers use similar styles and colors, we don't call them trashy or pimp shoes.
shoes below are from Pierre Corthay. Mauri and Mezlan were using these styles and colors as pimp shoes 10-15 years ago.
Sutor Mantelassi have just opened a boutique at Grand Gateway Plaza in Shanghai. I stopped by there (on my way back from a shirt fitting at Ascot Chang next door) and managed to get this one shot -
They actually have at least thirty pairs of croc shoes in there, mostly lace-ups in chisel-toe lasts, with some loafers, cap-toes, boots and spectators thrown into the mix. Workmanship is beautiful. Oddly, every single pair in the shop is size 42. Go figure. (The salesman looked quite embarrassed while admitting this.)
Prices generally astronomical, just shy of 60,000rmb per pair for the crocs.
In the window was a restored pair of calf-skin shoes supposedly worn by Marcello Mastroianni in 1965. They also had an amazing pair of button-up balmorals worn by Ezra Pound (of all people) on display inside the store.
- Alligator / Crocodile Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...