Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- I have some black crocodile shoes. Anything I can buy to make them a lighter tan color? Last post on 11/22/12 at 6:42pm in Classic Menswear
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
How do I take care of alligator/crocodile leather?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 43
The idea is not suspect, in the quality range that would be charging multiple thousands for shoes, they take on the massive responsibility or supporting a factory of skilled labor and a retail operation. Your operation is tailored to your client, however they have to assume the client and take the risk of their shoes not working for everyone.
I don't wish to flog a dead horse here but I suspect you didn't really understand the point I was making in my last post. With sincere respect, let me clarify...
Relatively speaking, my $4000.00 whole cut alligator shoes cost more (maybe as much as three times more) to make...in terms of space(leased or otherwise); in terms of time (man hours to produce); in terms of raw materials; in terms of what proportion of the gross income is dedicated to marketing; than the $13,000.00 pair of whole cut alligator shoes.
And, mine are hand welted and hand welt stitched.
What's more, I am personally responsible for every pair that goes out the door not only in terms of workmanship and fit but in terms of reputation--something a large corporation can dodge with a strong publicity campaign...year after year.
Yet somehow, against seemingly impossible odds...and unbelievable as it may seem, without any contempt for the customers' gullibility...I manage to make a decent profit without jacking blue sky up nearly 1000%.
How does he do it???!!!
Hey, no worries...only the malt is important.
It's all relative....but nowhere near the $14K quoted..above
Agree - that's why the Chapel premium was a touch more than the Becketts....they needed a bigger baby croc to cover the 1 piece pattern (that was 2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel)..
All the off-cut gone into this pair:
Imagine the up charge on a size US14 Chapel...
Thank you - I'll take them down to Justin the Shoe Snob when I am town....
2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel ..... some of US and Italian suppliers can quote upto €500 to €700 per croc skin .
I'm not going to write it out......you should see for yourself.....
aesthetics all subjective - this pair was made for some Chinese Billionaire - the salesman at the Lattanzi shop in NYC
told me he paid over $10K....
I laughed and said the off-cuts and small pieces in material cost probaby came to no more than $100...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 22 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...