Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- I have some black crocodile shoes. Anything I can buy to make them a lighter tan color? Last post on 11/22/12 at 6:42pm in Classic Menswear
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
- Fitting advice for my first pair of prestige John Lobb RTW Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 43
Styleforum Top Picks
The idea is not suspect, in the quality range that would be charging multiple thousands for shoes, they take on the massive responsibility or supporting a factory of skilled labor and a retail operation. Your operation is tailored to your client, however they have to assume the client and take the risk of their shoes not working for everyone.
I don't wish to flog a dead horse here but I suspect you didn't really understand the point I was making in my last post. With sincere respect, let me clarify...
Relatively speaking, my $4000.00 whole cut alligator shoes cost more (maybe as much as three times more) to make...in terms of space(leased or otherwise); in terms of time (man hours to produce); in terms of raw materials; in terms of what proportion of the gross income is dedicated to marketing; than the $13,000.00 pair of whole cut alligator shoes.
And, mine are hand welted and hand welt stitched.
What's more, I am personally responsible for every pair that goes out the door not only in terms of workmanship and fit but in terms of reputation--something a large corporation can dodge with a strong publicity campaign...year after year.
Yet somehow, against seemingly impossible odds...and unbelievable as it may seem, without any contempt for the customers' gullibility...I manage to make a decent profit without jacking blue sky up nearly 1000%.
How does he do it???!!!
Hey, no worries...only the malt is important.
It's all relative....but nowhere near the $14K quoted..above
Agree - that's why the Chapel premium was a touch more than the Becketts....they needed a bigger baby croc to cover the 1 piece pattern (that was 2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel)..
All the off-cut gone into this pair:
Imagine the up charge on a size US14 Chapel...
Thank you - I'll take them down to Justin the Shoe Snob when I am town....
2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel ..... some of US and Italian suppliers can quote upto €500 to €700 per croc skin .
I'm not going to write it out......you should see for yourself.....
aesthetics all subjective - this pair was made for some Chinese Billionaire - the salesman at the Lattanzi shop in NYC
told me he paid over $10K....
I laughed and said the off-cuts and small pieces in material cost probaby came to no more than $100...
- Alligator / Crocodile Shoes
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Just launched a vintage resale website. We sell retro clothing... 1 minute ago
- › Mephisto Poley Chestnut US9 Chicago 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.