Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- I have some black crocodile shoes. Anything I can buy to make them a lighter tan color? Last post on 11/22/12 at 6:42pm in Classic Menswear
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
- Fitting advice for my first pair of prestige John Lobb RTW Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 43
Styleforum Top Picks
The idea is not suspect, in the quality range that would be charging multiple thousands for shoes, they take on the massive responsibility or supporting a factory of skilled labor and a retail operation. Your operation is tailored to your client, however they have to assume the client and take the risk of their shoes not working for everyone.
I don't wish to flog a dead horse here but I suspect you didn't really understand the point I was making in my last post. With sincere respect, let me clarify...
Relatively speaking, my $4000.00 whole cut alligator shoes cost more (maybe as much as three times more) to make...in terms of space(leased or otherwise); in terms of time (man hours to produce); in terms of raw materials; in terms of what proportion of the gross income is dedicated to marketing; than the $13,000.00 pair of whole cut alligator shoes.
And, mine are hand welted and hand welt stitched.
What's more, I am personally responsible for every pair that goes out the door not only in terms of workmanship and fit but in terms of reputation--something a large corporation can dodge with a strong publicity campaign...year after year.
Yet somehow, against seemingly impossible odds...and unbelievable as it may seem, without any contempt for the customers' gullibility...I manage to make a decent profit without jacking blue sky up nearly 1000%.
How does he do it???!!!
Hey, no worries...only the malt is important.
It's all relative....but nowhere near the $14K quoted..above
Agree - that's why the Chapel premium was a touch more than the Becketts....they needed a bigger baby croc to cover the 1 piece pattern (that was 2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel)..
All the off-cut gone into this pair:
Imagine the up charge on a size US14 Chapel...
Thank you - I'll take them down to Justin the Shoe Snob when I am town....
2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel ..... some of US and Italian suppliers can quote upto €500 to €700 per croc skin .
I'm not going to write it out......you should see for yourself.....
aesthetics all subjective - this pair was made for some Chinese Billionaire - the salesman at the Lattanzi shop in NYC
told me he paid over $10K....
I laughed and said the off-cuts and small pieces in material cost probaby came to no more than $100...
- Alligator / Crocodile Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Douglas Fairbanks Jr. interview 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015