Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- I have some black crocodile shoes. Anything I can buy to make them a lighter tan color? Last post on 11/22/12 at 6:42pm in Classic Menswear
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
- Fitting advice for my first pair of prestige John Lobb RTW Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear
How do I take care of alligator/crocodile leather?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 43
The idea is not suspect, in the quality range that would be charging multiple thousands for shoes, they take on the massive responsibility or supporting a factory of skilled labor and a retail operation. Your operation is tailored to your client, however they have to assume the client and take the risk of their shoes not working for everyone.
I don't wish to flog a dead horse here but I suspect you didn't really understand the point I was making in my last post. With sincere respect, let me clarify...
Relatively speaking, my $4000.00 whole cut alligator shoes cost more (maybe as much as three times more) to make...in terms of space(leased or otherwise); in terms of time (man hours to produce); in terms of raw materials; in terms of what proportion of the gross income is dedicated to marketing; than the $13,000.00 pair of whole cut alligator shoes.
And, mine are hand welted and hand welt stitched.
What's more, I am personally responsible for every pair that goes out the door not only in terms of workmanship and fit but in terms of reputation--something a large corporation can dodge with a strong publicity campaign...year after year.
Yet somehow, against seemingly impossible odds...and unbelievable as it may seem, without any contempt for the customers' gullibility...I manage to make a decent profit without jacking blue sky up nearly 1000%.
How does he do it???!!!
Hey, no worries...only the malt is important.
It's all relative....but nowhere near the $14K quoted..above
Agree - that's why the Chapel premium was a touch more than the Becketts....they needed a bigger baby croc to cover the 1 piece pattern (that was 2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel)..
All the off-cut gone into this pair:
Imagine the up charge on a size US14 Chapel...
Thank you - I'll take them down to Justin the Shoe Snob when I am town....
2 baby crocs for a pair of Chapel ..... some of US and Italian suppliers can quote upto €500 to €700 per croc skin .
I'm not going to write it out......you should see for yourself.....
aesthetics all subjective - this pair was made for some Chinese Billionaire - the salesman at the Lattanzi shop in NYC
told me he paid over $10K....
I laughed and said the off-cuts and small pieces in material cost probaby came to no more than $100...
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Sizeadvisor.com: Find shoes that fit 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 18 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 27 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 32 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 34 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding