or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alligator / Crocodile Shoes - Page 85

post #1261 of 1360
@PedroHero That's ostrich. Ostrich leg to be specific. Depending on age, it might be Enzo Bonafè. They stopped producing for Brioni 4-5 years ago. No idea who make them now, probably a lower quality maker.
post #1262 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroHero View Post

Does anyone know about these crocodile shoes by Brioni? what year were made


Those are ostrich leg





post #1263 of 1360
Not much love for Gucci around here. But the color is awesome
post #1264 of 1360
Not a fan of the effect really. I'd prefer a more subtle gradation in the patina.
post #1265 of 1360
Leaves, do you know if Bonafé produced their Brioni range with the same quality of make and materials as their regular in-house pairs?
post #1266 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Leaves, do you know if Bonafé produced their Brioni range with the same quality of make and materials as their regular in-house pairs?

I would think so but I honestly don't know for sure.
post #1267 of 1360
...the problem with out-sourced manufacturing, for me at least, is that after the new name is added, clothes from well-known companies usually cost much more than what the factory's own products retail. As an example: it is difficult to tell at a store if Brioni shoes made by Bonafé have more value despite the high price...or if the quality is similar but the price hiked up.
post #1268 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...the problem with out-sourced manufacturing, for me at least, is that after the new name is added, clothes from well-known companies usually cost much more than what the factory's own products retail. As an example: it is difficult to tell at a store if Brioni shoes made by Bonafé have more value despite the high price...or if the quality is similar but the price hiked up.

It would be naive to write off value added from brand, channel, QA, etc.

Might as well just buy top quality fake luxury goods in Chinatown - same factory, lower price!
post #1269 of 1360
post #1270 of 1360
post #1271 of 1360
mr monty gorgeous shoes biggrin.gif
post #1272 of 1360
Hi guys,
Wanted to get some input. I am think of getting wholecut Oxford in alligator from Meccariello;
First is Oxford the better option vs Derby? Second, what color, I am thinking black, but would brown/oxblood, or cordovan be better?
Unlikely I would be getting another one soon so wanted to get some advice.
Thx
post #1273 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2002 View Post

Hi guys,
Wanted to get some input. I am think of getting wholecut Oxford in alligator from Meccariello;
First is Oxford the better option vs Derby? Second, what color, I am thinking black, but would brown/oxblood, or cordovan be better?
Unlikely I would be getting another one soon so wanted to get some advice.
Thx

What clothing do you plan to wear with them?

Personally, I prefer an oxford over derby for this style. It keeps everything sleek, simple, and classic.

Color is also a matter of personal preference. Brown shades are excellent and will show off the detail in the skin a bit better than black. But black is an awesome choice also, and it will be slightly less showy.

These things are more about opinion and personal preference than what is objectively best. Try to figure out how you will get the most or best use out of these exotic shoes. If that means a black derby because that is what you like to wear, it is worth seriously considering.

Get what makes you happy! Good luck choosing.
post #1274 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

What clothing do you plan to wear with them?

Personally, I prefer an oxford over derby for this style. It keeps everything sleek, simple, and classic.

Color is also a matter of personal preference. Brown shades are excellent and will show off the detail in the skin a bit better than black. But black is an awesome choice also, and it will be slightly less showy.

These things are more about opinion and personal preference than what is objectively best. Try to figure out how you will get the most or best use out of these exotic shoes. If that means a black derby because that is what you like to wear, it is worth seriously considering.

Get what makes you happy! Good luck choosing.
I will be wearing occasionally with suits but mainly with pants/shirt/tie with white lab coat (I am cosmetic dermatologist, ppl expect me to be a bit showy tongue.gif
I like that black is less showy since I don't want to be too showy. Generally I much prefer Oxford.
THX for the reply. Any others are greatly appreciated
post #1275 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2002 View Post

Hi guys,
Wanted to get some input. I am think of getting wholecut Oxford in alligator from Meccariello;
First is Oxford the better option vs Derby? Second, what color, I am thinking black, but would brown/oxblood, or cordovan be better?
Unlikely I would be getting another one soon so wanted to get some advice.
Thx

With alligator or croc, the simpler the shoe pattern, the better. The tiles and their sheen give you all the decoration you need. I'd go for a plain-toe side gusset like this one by a Japanese maker (Koji Suzuki?). I'd probably even do without the punching between the vamp and the throat, and just ask for simple seam there. Anything more starts looking garish.



Black croc or gator is nice--nicer than just about all black leathers. I tend to think that dark reddish brown is the nicest hue of all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes