• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Tour de France Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lance looked great in the prologue.

Three crashes within the final 3km today including one w/500m left that completely blocked the road.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
word, those crashes were savage. Also, i remember seeing a couple people bleeding from the mouth yesterday after crashing in the prologue.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armstrong has looked good so far. We'll see what happens when the mountains start...I suspect he won't be able to keep up w/ Contador. Needs to use his tactical experience to somehow steal some time from Alberto on these flat stages.

Too bad about Schleck today; hope he's able to continue.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Armstrong has looked good so far. We'll see what happens when the mountains start...I suspect he won't be able to keep up w/ Contador. Needs to use his tactical experience to somehow steal some time from Alberto on these flat stages. Too bad about Schleck today; hope he's able to continue.
i'm fearing the worst with the landis accusations. damn i remember when landis won the tour, it was such a cool story for a guy who had to race in sweatpants (religious reasons) in the past won it... but it was all for naught. lot of the great americans seem to be damaged goods: lemond - victim of molestation/near death experience hamilton - mental illness landis - looking to be mentally ill armstrong - probably has a mental disorder that works to his training/competitive advantage. the thing with armstrong is that is seems like a roger clemens situation where he's being given the benefit of the doubt to the very end... i really want to believe armstrong is clean.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** was crazy today with all the cobblestones. Gave plenty of opportunities to make up ground in the GC. Shockingly enough, Thor Hushovd won.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
**** was crazy today with all the cobblestones. Gave plenty of opportunities to make up ground in the GC. Shockingly enough, Thor Hushovd won.
I'm currently watching the replay on tv. The cobblestones make for interesting and dangerous cycling.

limester816

Reaction score
I don't pay a great deal of attention until they reach the mountains. That's where the yellow jersey contenders really duke it out.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limester816
I don't pay a great deal of attention until they reach the mountains. That's where the yellow jersey contenders really duke it out.
Tonight is the first time I've watched in a couple of years. I had lost interest due to all the drug issues of recent years.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched a lot while in France in summer 2005. Never bothered again after returning.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three very interesting days to start the Tour. Vandevelde and Shleck F both out of the tour and I understand Tyler Farrar is riding with a fractured wrist.

It is unusual to see the cream rising to the top so early in a Tour.

NO LONGER RIDING
Stage 3
148\tTERPSTRA Niki (NED)\tTEAM MILRAM\tnon-starter
86\tLE LAY David (FRA)\tAG2R LA MONDIALE\twithdrawls
51\tVANDEVELDE Christian (USA)\tGARMIN - TRANSITIONS\tnon-starter
16\tSCHLECK Frank (LUX)\tTEAM SAXO BANK\twithdrawls
Stage 2
114\tHANSEN Adam (AUS)\tTEAM HTC - COLUMBIA\tnon-starter
104\tDELAGE Mickael (FRA)\tOMEGA PHARMA - LOTTO\twithdrawls
Stage 1
213\tCARDOSO Manuel (POR)\tFOOTON-SERVETTO\tnon-starter
125\tFRANK Mathias (SUI)\tBMC RACING TEAM\tnon-starter
Prologue
92\tFLORENCIO Xavier (ESP)\tCERVELO TEST TEAM\tnon-starter

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
the thing with armstrong is that is seems like a roger clemens situation where he's being given the benefit of the doubt to the very end... i really want to believe armstrong is clean.
It's a known fact that he wasn't clean in 1999, tough legally, he is because he has never get caught.
!luc

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ then it isn't a "known fact." At least not it's not demonstrable.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, Cavendish just got flat-out beat. Haven't seen that in a while.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Wow, Cavendish just got flat-out beat. Haven't seen that in a while.

I'm just glad he's on my fantasy team. Got to love the completely flat stages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads