or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A New Size for Denim: Extra Tight
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A New Size for Denim: Extra Tight - Page 3

post #31 of 88
I got a pair of 1969s in 31. They're one wash with some preset whiskers and honeycomb creases (no fades, though). I've worn them for six months since I got them. They are now a size 33 and they'll almost just fall down without a belt.
post #32 of 88
Skinny jeans are back? No... way...
Quote:
I don't get the Superfuture "norm/trend" of getting jeans soooo tight that you can't even button them until they stretch out 2". I get my jeans to fit right from the first wear and I've never had any jeans stretch to any noticeable degree from then on.
WORD. Stretching = way over-emphasized.
post #33 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Pressure from Nautica (his backer) to cash in on trends.

That I'd understand, sort of. What I don't get is the extreme taper, those triangular legs. A stovepipe wouldn't bother me as much as those funnels do.
post #34 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGladwell
That I'd understand, sort of. What I don't get is the extreme taper, those triangular legs. A stovepipe wouldn't bother me as much as those funnels do.

Hey, fat guys want to wear skinny jeans too!
post #35 of 88
Hey you skeptics,

I bought my APC NS to fit comfortably (snug, but no problem getting buttoned) and after a few months, they would fall right down without a belt. They certainly feel like they have stretched out two inches.

I have not had any other raw or one-wash denim stretch anywhere near this much, it seems to be exclusively an APC phenomenon.

YMMV of course, but I have nothing to gain by exaggerating claims of stretching.
post #36 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
Hey you skeptics,

I bought my APC NS to fit comfortably (snug, but no problem getting buttoned) and after a few months, they would fall right down without a belt. They certainly feel like they have stretched out two inches.

I have not had any other raw or one-wash denim stretch anywhere near this much, it seems to be exclusively an APC phenomenon.

YMMV of course, but I have nothing to gain by exaggerating claims of stretching.

I'm not saying there is no such thing as stretching, I'm saying that 1) it can't be avoided by getting jeans 5 sizes too small, and 2) it's not that big of a deal. soak em if you cant deal with the stretch. deal with it if you cant handle the water.
post #37 of 88
^ wearing 'em right now. I'm going to use your dryer trick if it gets really objectionable, but right now a belt solves the problem fine.
post #38 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
^ wearing 'em right now. I'm going to use your dryer trick if it gets really objectionable, but right now a belt solves the problem fine.

cool. I wasn't targetting you specifically. Just the whole "if they aren't so tight that they won't button, they aren't tight enough" style is really out of wack.
post #39 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Just the whole "if they aren't so tight that they won't button, they aren't tight enough" style is really out of wack.
Not... really? It's just a different way to wear your jeans. Maybe not your preference, but it's not out of wack. Some people like to buy their jeans so they fall off their ass to begin with. Is that out of wack too?
post #40 of 88
Ew I hate hate HATE tight jeans. I will go no further than how a Levis 527 fits.

Anyway, the reasons for this trend are evident. Trends are ridiculously circular, -like clockwork- skinny shows up right after bootcut gets saturated. Once the 70s were "in" it was only a matter of time before we hit the 80s all over again *shudder*. (Start watching saved by the bell now to be ahead of the curve!)

Also, the latest youth "rebellion" trend is the hideous emo/punk/skater look. Ok Jimmy, I get that your suburban life is so hard and repressing to your individuality that you have to compensate by looking like everyone else.

Anyway, Retailers are pushing skinny jeans HARD. The front and center displays are all super skinny. Levis and its distributers has 514s in your face. Urban outfitters has displays that say something along the lines of "Get your skinny jeans now!"

Yes - urban outfitters has embraced skinny jeans. You may now dispose of them . I hope this trend reaches critical mass quickly and dies a fast yet horrible death... like trucker hats.
post #41 of 88
Trucker hats and enormous skate shoes are gimmicky, by definition. Tight jeans are undeniably classic.
post #42 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
Not... really? It's just a different way to wear your jeans. Maybe not your preference, but it's not out of wack. Some people like to buy their jeans so they fall off their ass to begin with. Is that out of wack too?

I think that both are out of whack. Jeans should fit comfortably when you put them on. Maybe a little tight, maybe a little antifit, but at the extremes, completely wack.

On the other hand, super tight jeans decrease your sperm count, so that is more whack than gangbanger loose jeans. All IMO, of course.
post #43 of 88
I agree. At least gangbanger jeans are arguably functional, at least in comparison.
post #44 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
On the other hand, super tight jeans decrease your sperm count, so that is more whack than gangbanger loose jeans. All IMO, of course.
YEah cause high sperm count is where its at!
post #45 of 88
Yeah who wants skinny jeans anyway.

So, I'm thinking of getting these off ebay, but will they stretch alot in the waist? Obviously I'll have them tailored, I need more of a taper below the knee.


Seriously though, it's funny how every single thread, no matter the subject, ends up in a "will it stretch" debate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › A New Size for Denim: Extra Tight