or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › I can't believe you guys live without..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I can't believe you guys live without.. - Page 6

post #76 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
There was a Souplantation (on Lake and Cordova, I think, for Shellshock and other Angelenos information) about ten minutes from where I lived. After a long training session during adventuring racing season, I'd often go there and eat for hours. I would try every pasta they had, twice. And take a baked potato and put absolutely everything possible on it. Tasty. And down it with a gallon of Diet Coke. I miss that. Also miss the French Onion soup at Hamburger Hamlet, for some reason. Miss being able to sit outside a drinking a "Beer of the Week" with my fish taco at Wahoo's. Missing The Knitting Factory for good bands...

Man I miss LA...

Souplantation is still there...along with all the other places.
post #77 of 110

http://www.ezellschicken.com/
post #78 of 110
the smell
post #79 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
There was a Souplantation (on Lake and Cordova, I think, for Shellshock and other Angelenos information) about ten minutes from where I lived. After a long training session during adventuring racing season, I'd often go there and eat for hours. I would try every pasta they had, twice. And take a baked potato and put absolutely everything possible on it. Tasty. And down it with a gallon of Diet Coke. I miss that. Also miss the French Onion soup at Hamburger Hamlet, for some reason. Miss being able to sit outside a drinking a "Beer of the Week" with my fish taco at Wahoo's. Missing The Knitting Factory for good bands...

Man I miss LA...

i always wait til im super starving to hit up souplantation, haha. i get pissed when i get full we go to the pasadena one whenever we're in the area but there's one in arcadia thats closer. they have strawberry apple cobbler this month!!!!!!

the only time i ever had tickets to the knitting factory the show got cancelled. is it good?
post #80 of 110
Why Oh Why Does Kfc Nor Mcdonalds Not Have Biscuits In Canada? I Need Them!
post #81 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock
i always wait til im super starving to hit up souplantation, haha. i get pissed when i get full we go to the pasadena one whenever we're in the area but there's one in arcadia thats closer. they have strawberry apple cobbler this month!!!!!!

the only time i ever had tickets to the knitting factory the show got cancelled. is it good?

Yup, Souplantation requires preparation. Eat a lot the day before to stretch out your stomach, then exercise in the late morning/early afternoon like crazy. Get cleaned up, and an hour later, you could eat a house. That is the time to hit up Souplantation.

The knitting factory is pretty cool. Nearly all standing room, but it is pretty small, so you can always get a good spot in the middle to feel the vibe. (And being an attractive female never hurts - just the facts.) Last show I saw there was a few years ago was the New Pornographers (Neko!) Great vibe... It being at Hollywood and Highland is sort of wierd though...
post #82 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
Why Oh Why Does Kfc Nor Mcdonalds Not Have Biscuits In Canada? I Need Them!
where in canada you at? find a popeye's, their biscuits are amazing
post #83 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman
where in canada you at? find a popeye's, their biscuits are amazing

Hell. Yes.

The one I go to always has a drivethrough wait of about 15-20 minutes (even when there's only a few cars in front of me) but damn, is it worth it.

Their spicy chicken strips are the bomb. The jambalaya is awesome too.
post #84 of 110
jambalaya? my god, they don't have jambalaya in popeyes here

i feel cheated
post #85 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yup, Souplantation requires preparation. Eat a lot the day before to stretch out your stomach, then exercise in the late morning/early afternoon like crazy. Get cleaned up, and an hour later, you could eat a house. That is the time to hit up Souplantation.

The knitting factory is pretty cool. Nearly all standing room, but it is pretty small, so you can always get a good spot in the middle to feel the vibe. (And being an attractive female never hurts - just the facts.) Last show I saw there was a few years ago was the New Pornographers (Neko!) Great vibe... It being at Hollywood and Highland is sort of wierd though...

sounds like you have souplantation down to a science, haha.
the thing that confuses me about the knitting factory is how they have different bands playing in different rooms???? or thats what it says on the site/show listings....

& i cant live without
post #86 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock
sounds like you have souplantation down to a science, haha.
the thing that confuses me about the knitting factory is how they have different bands playing in different rooms???? or thats what it says on the site/show listings....

Knitting Factory has 3 different rooms, sometimes each room is a different event with a separate admission for each room. My band is playing in their "Alter-Knit" room next tues nite.

Souplantation on Lake Ave rules....much better than its inferior bizarro cousin Soup Exchange, which has probably gone under as I have not seen one in years
post #87 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock
i cant live without


Haha... you and Tyler are the only two people I know who drink Arizona Iced Tea. That is SOOO 1994.
post #88 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Knitting Factory has 3 different rooms, sometimes each room is a different event with a separate admission for each room. My band is playing in their "Alter-Knit" room next tues nite.

Souplantation on Lake Ave rules....much better than its inferior bizarro cousin Soup Exchange, which has probably gone under as I have not seen one in years

there used to be a once-a-month club in the alter-knit lounge called "par avion". that was a great place. what's the name of your band? maybe i'll check out the show. anonymously, of course.

i like the souplantation across from the beverly center. they have good chili and corn bread.
post #89 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
what's the name of your band? maybe i'll check out the show. anonymously, of course.

How anonymous could you possibly be?
post #90 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Haha... you and Tyler are the only two people I know who drink Arizona Iced Tea. That is SOOO 1994.

ARIZONA IS TIMELESS OKAY. the tallcans are hilarious. i'm a boxed tea kinda gal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › I can't believe you guys live without..