or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › I can't believe you guys live without..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I can't believe you guys live without.. - Page 2

post #16 of 110
Les Guignols de l'Info
The RJ cat
Really, really good cheap bread
The obelisk of the Place de la Concorde and the Eiffel Tower looming on your nightly ride home.
Charvet as your local haberdasher
Debauve et Gallais, Michel Cluizel and Chaudun chocolates.
The "Pas de chez toi!" Paris poster I posted elsewhere.
post #17 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyto
Really? Any idea when they busted out of Cali?

Since forever. We've two in Indianapolis for the last three years.
post #18 of 110
Trader Joes is not for shit compared to Central Market, which is only in Texas. Central Texas BBQ. The one true 'cue. North Carolina and Kansas City, please don't bother.
post #19 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Trader Joes is not for shit compared to Central Market, which is only in Texas.

Central Texas BBQ. The one true 'cue. North Carolina and Kansas City, please don't bother.

That may be, but who the fuck wants to live in Texas?
post #20 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril
That may be, but who the fuck wants to live in Texas?
Clearly, you have no Carlo Franco order pending.

I express no opinion on Texas, but only proffer this quote from the always grouchy Omar Sharif: "I don't want to be in Texas. It still smells of ketchup and Coke."
post #21 of 110
Golf in the Fall
post #22 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril
That may be, but who the fuck wants to live in Texas?

i like dallas quite a bit myself. I've only been there a few times, but the weather's strange.
post #23 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamo
i like dallas quite a bit myself. I've only been there a few times, but the weather's strange.

I always wanted to check out Austin, especially after I saw Slackers.
post #24 of 110
For sure, I'd rather live on one of the coasts though Austin is by far the most liberal and tolerable city in the state. I certainly plan to move but Central Market and the barbecue are what I'm going to miss the most.
post #25 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I certainly plan to move but Central Market and the barbecue are what I'm going to miss the most.
Not Oscar?
post #26 of 110
I'll catnap him and take him with me.
post #27 of 110
Um, really opinionated people?

Actually, I would not really miss Boston at all, except for Filene's Basement.

California, though:

Mountains just three miles north of me. Dry, warm days in March. Grilling in January. In a t-shirt. Friendlier people in better stores. More fit people in general. Joshua Tree and Yosemite. Better drivers. The beach. Actually, the sea. In 'n' Out Burgers. I need a double-double animal style please. And a Vanilla shake so thick you hurt yourself drinking it. Taco trucks. Geniunely chilled out people (it's not a pretense - I think it's the weather.) Jamba Juice. Bookstores where people actually talk. It's not a library, people. Better bookstores (I shit you not. Vroman's in Pasadena is better than any bookstore I've been to in Boston). Ridiculously large newstands. People who can actually dance (whether it's upstep or Tango.)
post #28 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, the sea. In 'n' Out Burgers. I need a double-double animal style please. And a Vanilla shake so thick you hurt yourself drinking it. Taco trucks. Geniunely chilled out people (it's not a pretense - I think it's the weather.) Jamba Juice. Bookstores where people actually talk. It's not a library, people. Better bookstores (I shit you not. Vroman's in Pasadena is better than any bookstore I've been to in Boston). Ridiculously large newstands. People who can actually dance (whether it's upstep or Tango.)

pretty much hit the nail on the head with each point. The only thing we don't have that I would want is 4 seasons, not just 2 (summer and summer light)
post #29 of 110
Texas is the best state ever. I'm counting the days til I get the hell out of the east coast and get to move back to the south.

I'll be nice to NJ and give them credit for a few things I do enjoy here though:

-no sales tax on clothing
-good variety of Chinese restaurants (like actually being able to choose whether you want Cantonese, Szechuan, Hong Kong style food, etc...)
-BYOB restaurants: granted this is due to something more negative, namely the insane premium NJ places on liquor licenses, but being able to bring my choice of booze without being gouged for it can be nice at times.
post #30 of 110
8 hrs of sleep every night
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › I can't believe you guys live without..